don't click here

Favorite Robotnik base

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Apr 6, 2009.

Which one?

1. Scrap Brain (Sonic 1)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Death Egg (Sonic 2 and S3&K)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Metallic Madness (Sonic CD)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Egg Carrier (Sonic Adventure)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Final Egg (Sonic Adventure)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Space Colony ARK (Sonic Adventure 2)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Pyramid Base (Sonic Adventure 2)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Egg Fleet (Sonic Heroes)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. White Acropolis (Sonic 06)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. EggmanLand (Sonic Unleashed)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    You'd have to think
    A) It's based upon Gerald's face, so the nose IS hiding the Cannon
    B) G.U.N attacked, THEN they wanted to hide it, hence the lack of presence with the Shadow the Hedgehog flashbacks.
    C) I never heard it refered to as a Bernal Sphere. A Bernal Space Station, yes, but never sphere.

2. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    And indeed he DID do this in Sonic X =P

3. doc eggfan

doc eggfan

Are you pondering what I'm pondering? Wiki Sysop
    ACT
    GreatMegaLD, GreatSC3k, Great SG1k
    Which only confirms my theory.

4. Anyone mentioned Sky Base Act 2 yet?

Cool 'bobbing' effect, lightning, realistic environment (And a complete entity in itself, as opposed to 99% of Sonic levels which are mish mashes of source inspiration with level design being the primary focus over practicality)

AND its got music by Yuzo Koshiro. And this was on the 8-bit in 1991 on a 2mbit cart? Still blows me away...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icrOxhquyx4

5. DistroyA

DistroyA

I WOD LICK A SONIC 2 ROMS Member
    Nottinghamshire, UK
    My own artwork
    Methinks Eggmanland is the best personally. Why? Robotnik Rollercoaster anyone? Also, bright coloured lights mixed with decayed metal structures (How it looks to me anyway...), and a fuck load of traps make this a winner methinks. It's Carnival Night meets a rusty Scrap Brain Zone. Hell yes!

6. The Pulse

The Pulse

GLUTHAWK, KING OF THE HAWKS Member
    This is a bad thing?

I thought the point of a game was to have fun. Not to learn about Aerodynamic structure. :psyduck:

7. Of course, But this was a welcome diversion - SBa2 looked like a complete, real airship - pretty impressive for an 8-bit 2MBIT 1991 cart...

8. Toasty

Toasty

BulbaSAUR! Member
    I really don't have much of a choice, so I kinda regret voting in the poll. I've only seen two bases - Scrap Brain and Death Egg. I never played the other games listed.... ¯\(º_o)/¯

Out of the two I played, my favorite is definitely Death Egg Zone. Actually, my overall favorite zone is Death Egg Zone act 2 in S&K. It's pretty difficult compared to the other levels (except Sandopolis Zone), it has pretty cool concepts like the gravity reverse....thingy, electromagnetic fields that hurt you without a lightning shield, and that part with the bumpers! It was really fun to play, unlike Scrap Brain Zone, which was just annoying and tedious. Oh yeah, and the best thing about Death Egg Zone, was this!

Sonic 2's Death Egg Zone was ass though, can't stand that fucking zone. The final boss still gives me nightmares....so much controller throwing and screaming.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.