don't click here

Sonic remixes/re-interpretations

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by tachyglossus aculeatus, Apr 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lets talk about and share the best remixes of sonic music.

I stumbled upon this website last week and thought I'd share it here.

www.retroremixrevue.com/

Now there's been a lot of remixes of video game music in the past, but I believe that this would have to be among the best of the best. It includes remixes of Green Hill Zone and Chemical Plant Zone. Both of which are amazingly good and have great solos in them. You can hear samples on that website. I emailed the guy who made it and he said that volume 2 is coming out in around 3 months and it's gonna have more sonic in it.

2. Compsense

Compsense

NC, USA
    some dance album or summat
  3. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Like I've said before, I'm totally in love with xoc's covers of Green Hill and Mystic Cave. I'd link them, but I'm on my Wii.

4. Phithpleis

Phithpleis

Nein Member
    Your location
    Current Project
    I believe the tune "Scrambled Eggman" in the soundtrack Sonic 3: Project Chaos sounds extremely wicked. It makes a brillant boss theme for fangames and such.

5. I love Project Chaos. My favorite tracks on it are Walk on water, iMushroom and any of the tracks by snappleman

6. Watkins

Watkins

I'm going to have to say my favorite remix is one in Project Chaos, Divided from Grace. It's a remix of Angel Island zone, and it certainly captures that tropical, new adventure feeling, and it's quite optimistic. It doesn't take too many liberties from the actual song you hear in S3. Heck, for a good second or two, you hear the first few seconds of the special stages, right before the music starts to slow down and has a less upbeat feeling, but that part quickly goes away. (I'm always reminded of the scene when that robot torches the island..It seemed quite symbolic to me. Yes, I'm a weirdo. ;D)

Now, after typing that all out, I feel like actually listening to that masterpiece. Brb, ipod

7. This a million times.

I'm also partial to BottledMetro.

8. Jeiku

Jeiku

Currently, I'm absolutely in love with Her Azure Eyes by DarkeSword. I haven't heard a lot of remixes of the competition zones in Sonic 3, so I don't have very much to compare. But the way it's so upbeat and "life is great" optimistic really draws me in.

Malcos's Dirty Beta is also fantastic. The shift a little over halfway through the song always gets to me.

9. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Kanjika's tunes for Project Chaos are bloody brilliant. Those uninitiated should listen to them immediately. They are, after all, free for download.

10. The Shad

The Shad

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Oldbie
    Oh, I thought this topic was gonna be about remakes of the games and the only thing I could think was S2HD and PAUSE MENU

11. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
  12. Erinaceus

Erinaceus

I'm Hamilton Member
    Definitely. "Breathtaking Vision", aka the Sky Sanctuary remix, gives me the chills every time I listen to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V10lnxggGQ

Imagine that song playing in the background as the Death Egg rises into the clouds...

13. Breathtaking Vision is such a good interpretation of sky sanctuary. That was probably my favorite level in sonic & knuckles. Very epic indeed. I'm not such a huge fan of techno remixes though. I just don't think they fit well with the style of any of the games. When I say techno though, I don't mean all electronic music. That Chemical Plant Zone remix is mad, but I'd call it more of a jazz fusion piece.

14. Leonard the Genie

Leonard the Genie

Prices aren't the only thing getting slashed Member
  15. Those orchestral remixes totally my socks. They're so epic. Especially the Sonic 3 credits one. It really does it justice. As for The Fresh Prince of Stardust Speedway Bad Future (JP Version), :( my brain is about to explode from the funniness. Hahahahaha

16. Jayenkai

Jayenkai

Is anyone interested in creating some kind of massive "I can't be arsed to click all these links" torrent, filled to the brim with Sonic mixes?

I can't be arsed to click all these links!

17. NintendoBrad

NintendoBrad

Sonic 3 MegaD Mix [Sonic Gems Collection]

Listening to this makes me wish Naofumi Hataya did music for Sonic games again.

Dr. Gigglyman [Sonic the Hedgehog - Remix]

Really great medley/remix of both boss themes and Metallic Madness from Sonic CD.

18. I don't actually know any, but I really wanna hear more now. Of course, much less techno and more orchestrated or modern rock/pop band style.

This isn't Sonic, but it is an example of one I would like to see (for fun, I know it isn't everyone's cup of tea, but it is still pretty good).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.