don't click here

Old-school Sonic sites UNITE!

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by LightSpeedBlast, Mar 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RandomAvatarFan

RandomAvatarFan

Sonic Slide and Punch! Member
    Yozora
    I'm not sure how "old school" these are, but they haven't been updated in a pretty long time:

Voice's RandomSonicNet (acutally, it's been updated since I last went on it)

and QJimbo's Sonic Research Zone (hosted by the site above)

I first started lurking on these sites, and I eventually came here.

I vaguly remember seeing CulT once, but I don't remember the forums much. I did get to see the Moogle Cavern one time before it closed down.

2. Yuzu

Yuzu

Wait, when did Moogle Cavern close down? I last went on it a couple of years ago when it was up, never remember it shutting down.

3. Jan Abaza

Jan Abaza

Oldbie
    Hear hear.

Or Simon Wai's Sonic 2 Beta Page. ?_?

Or any of the countless SoStH ripoffs @ Geocities and Tripod...

4. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    You know we're sitting ON Simon Wai's Sonic 2 Beta page, right Jan? ;P

5. Epsilonsama

Epsilonsama

THE FASTEST TAPE ALIVE! Member
    Earth
    You could say that, SWS2B evolved into Sonic Retro, anyway this old sites reminded me when I lurked a lot, I remember the first Time I discovered there was more to Sonic, when I discover the this deleted zones, all the web sites, all speculating about hidden material, way before the community went into a more of game modification.
    For Me the jump where big because I was a lurker (and still kinda Im) so I came from time to time. The Sonic scene has changed a lot in so few years.

6. Jan Abaza

Jan Abaza

Oldbie
    I don't see the Chemical Plant anigifs anywhere, so nay. This isn't it. =P

I guess it's hidden under layers of sediment or something...

7. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    It's kinda like Ankh-Morpork in that regard. Buildings built on top of buildings, and all that =P

8. LightSpeedBlast

LightSpeedBlast

Banned
    Watch it. SA1 and DC are the best things ever.

I remember that there was an old Sonic and Mario site and that was when I discovered Super Sonic. But I thought it was called Super Saiyan Sonic and thought Super Sonic was teh fakez.

No n00bs.
    No voice actor stuff.
    No SPAX.
    No crap reviews.

Good times on the web....

9. hxc

hxc

spotteddove Researcher
    SoaH has been about a long while now. Still around and updated today. Think it's ten years this year?

10. LightSpeedBlast

LightSpeedBlast

Banned
    Ay dawg, this topic was for OLD-OLD school sites... and I mean sites that are... well, aren't updated anymore.

11. JennyTablina

JennyTablina

Oldbie
    Kulock shut the site down a year ago. Hes pretty much left the scene for good now with Rlan, though you can find both of them hanging out on NeoGAF occasionally

the MCs community lives on at www.soniceatsrings.com though its pretty isolated from people now.

I remember Sonic HQ, used to be *The* news site for me at the time. FUS was my first proper forum. Sonic Foundation rocked: used to read Dan Drazens Reviews and the fanfics there all the time. and I always remember the old splash pages

http://sonikkutoemi.yuku.com/directory SONIKKU TO EMI NO AI FOREVER!

12. Rainer

Rainer

I don't care about those sites. They're all evolutionary dead-ends.

13. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Do any of y'all remember Sonic United? They had a hilarious Fanfic called "That's My Egg," where Eggman becomes US President. Does anyone know whatever happened to it?

EDIT: Legitimate 100th post GET.

14. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Believe it or not, I know exactly what you're talking about! I don't think they got many episodes in, and unfortunately I think it was lost when the rest of the site went down. You might still be able to find any of the leftover images via Archive.org, but otherwise I think they're all gone. :psyduck:

Sonic United—despite not being one of the most well-known sites—has a spot in my heart for being the very first website that every introduced me to any facet of the "Sonic Secrets" scene. I did not learn until many years later that its owner was the same omega13a who apparently went batshit and hacked Sonic Stadium or something to that effect. Damned if it wasn't a great website, though.

15. Moogle!

Moogle!

Sonic HQ was my first forum, way way back in 2000 or 2001 or so. The oldest thing I clearly remember was WB annoucing he had graduated High School. The first name I had was UHF TwineBall. I remember the evil themes and the questions of the week, and MoFo stories. I never posted much though. I tried to see if my Ezboard name UHF Twineball still worked, but it's apparantly gone. I managed to find a reference to it on Mokat's site on Tripod.

Later I found Neon Chaos' website, (wasn't it called Shadows of Light?), but I never got into it much, as it went down a little while after.

Then FUS. I remember when you could actually join the website, and have your name posted as a FUSer. I seem to remember some ugliness between Sonique and Neon over use of some images or something. I began using the name Snivley Kintober. That all ended when one day when I made a post calling amy Rose "Lamy Rose" That was it, and it apparantly started a flamewar when ended with me getting banned along with Someone else. Rex Killiante or something like that. I was an idiot back then.

I really miss EZboard with it's global account thing.

BITCHING EDIT: Nice job on the word replacement. Really cute. I'm sure all the 17 year olds laughed.

16. Yuzu

Yuzu

Sadly enough, United was my first fan site too. I was quite disappointed when it disappeared without warning. Considering I got Cheats from the site. ;)

17. hxc

hxc

spotteddove Researcher
    Morphed into Shadow of a Hedgehog, which is still around now.

18. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    This was the first site to pop into my head.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.