don't click here

Badniks & Bosses Art

Discussion in 'Sonic 2 HD (Archive)' started by Vincent, Apr 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drex

Drex

Lazy perfectionist Member
  2. RedStripedShoes

RedStripedShoes

And I'm gone again. Member
    I say thinner. It looks more drill-like that way.

3. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    It certainly looks good, but I'd like it better if you put them at an angle so they look like more like a drill, rather than some kind of terraced cone. Just my two cents.

4. Sciz

Sciz

This
    and this.

Good to have you back around, incidentally.

5. Vincent

Vincent

Sonic 2HD - Project Leader & Chara Member
    Sonic 2 HD
    Thanks Drex :)

It's almost UBER complete, but before getting it finalized please correct these to avoid clashing issues:

[​IMG]
    1)Green Mark: The Red shading gets too sudden on that part, add one shade more to make it blend

2)Purple Mark: The rear part of his eye could be more shaded to avoid a gradient'ish effect.

3)Blue Mark: The reactors are shaded too roughly, make them blend with more inbetweens!

6. Drex

Drex

Lazy perfectionist Member

I never left. I'm just a lazy lurker.

Adjusting the lines to be a spiral fasshion is gonna suck. Every step in the shading is an individual shape. Let me fihish adjusting the lines on the thicker one and adjust my first hornet looking frame before I decided if I'm up to it.

7. Vincent

Vincent

Sonic 2 HD
    [​IMG]

Here they are :)

Thanks for the Masher, I'll complete it asap! ^__-

EDIT:

WIP

[​IMG][​IMG]

8. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    Again, could we please have a comparison of your WIP animation and the original sprite's one - animated - too?

It would be seriously helpful to get an idea of how it looks compared to the original (I'm sure the 2nd frame of the original was posted a long while back, we could do with it again here)

I didn't know spikes were meant to be used as a propeller? I'm sure that will be improved upon in due course? (perhaps adding a hinge to it or something) :)

9. test-object

test-object

By Torm, no! This is terrible! I... I had no idea Member
    It needs a frame inbetween for the sake of being fluid. Also, you're fixing fin on the back, I presume?

10. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    Jolly Good. my 2nd trial post.

The Masher's tail needs reworked shading. Maybe make it darker- in the original sprites, the tails looks like it changes angle, in yours it seems to just change size. at least to me.

Though it would differ from the original, I'dd say remove the movement from his fins. It's metal, not organic. It seems to be built as just a body+jaw+tail.

And I'm sure this is just a test, but add more frames both to this and coconut for the sake of fluidity.

11. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I'd make it so the fins just flapped a little, like some mechanical toys do. I'm sure that's the effect they were looking for.

12. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
  13. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    It looks to me like the dorsal fin is supposed to be wiggling side to side, rather than... deforming.

E: Was Vincent using a bad reference? It's different than ICEknight's

14. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Yes. I got these straight from the game, no idea where the other sprites came from.

It's the second time something like this happens, to my knowledge.

15. Vincent

Vincent

Sonic 2 HD
    My latest & unposted wip on Masher was this one: [​IMG]

Because most of the rips we use are on the Database, and we're too busy on working to re-rips, please do check / add all the entries of the database to avoid eventual problems! :v:

16. <!--quoteo(post=285656:date=Mar 3 2009, 09:40 AM:name=Vincent)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Vincent @ Mar 3 2009, 09:40 AM) [​IMG]

Because most of the rips we use are on the
    Database, and we're too busy on working to re-rips, please do check / add all the entries of the database to avoid eventual problems! :argh:[/quote]
    Looking at the sprite rips above I think you need to get rid of the inner set of teeth
    also I think the fin needs to look more mechanical, e.g not bending half way up the fin.
    Other than that, I think it looks awesome. Great job, I love how the tail moves.

17. <!--quoteo(post=286596:date=Mar 4 2009, 10:06 PM:name=KuriKai)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KuriKai @ Mar 4 2009, 10:06 PM) [​IMG]

Because most of the rips we use are on the
    Database, and we're too busy on working to re-rips, please do check / add all the entries of the database to avoid eventual problems! :colbert:[/quote]
    Looking at the sprite rips above I think you need to get rid of the inner set of teeth
    also I think the fin needs to look more mechanical, e.g not bending half way up the fin.
    Other than that, I think it looks awesome. Great job, I love how the tail moves.
    [/quote]

Also, note that the screw jaw just pivots rather than extends. At some point that should be cleaned up as well. Nice work though Vincent - it looks great!

18. [​IMG]
    I have started working on the grabber. Am I on the right track? How much should I make it look like the drawing compared with the sprite? e.g. the part on his forehead is gradient shaded in the drawing but not in the sprite.

19. Vincent

Vincent

Sonic 2 HD
    Thanks guys, the fixes on the Masher will be amended asap. ^^
    Welcome KuriKai,

It is an early shaping, yet it may be great once completed. Keep it up! :colbert:
    Answering to your question, first of all remember to base on the sprite, and add a 15-25% maximum details from the Artworks!

20. MoI

MoI

Rex Member
    That's a pretty good start, but what about this? It was pretty neat imo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.