don't click here

Sonic and the Black Knight

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Jul 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    The game has been reviewed, and it got good scores. Apparently the Gameplay is good, but the story is short. This raises my hopes slightly...note; slightly

Oh, and:

INCOMING RAGING FANBOYS AND GIRLS! Everyone! Into the bunker!

2. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    I thought that bit was absolutely hilarious.

3. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    I'm sat here waiting for the moment someone says "I have it, playing now!" so we can get true feedback on the game, being the 3rd I can only hope :S

Europe have to wait another 2 weeks or something.

4. NintendoBrad

NintendoBrad

My local Wal-Mart had the game, so it's definitely out there. Only a matter of time before impressions (and music rips!) roll in.

5. Chimpo

Chimpo

Why is Tekken 6 afraid of Tekken 7? Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    Oh God, were you watching my Stream?

6. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    I'm waiting for the OST before I download any music for the game, personally. I don't anticipate it being spectacular, but I have a habit of collecting every Sonic OST as they come out, so I'll be all over that. ;)

7. NickW

NickW

I hope the release groups dump this game soon so I can actually get a music rip uploaded.

8. Yuzu

Yuzu

Probably not going to buy it to do with SATSR, SATSR did get some above average 70-80% scores, but the controls, missions and some level designs(I'm looking at YOU wind level) ruined the game.

9. Yusuke

Yusuke

That Random Lurker Member
    Alright guys, since no one else seems to be interested in getting the game, nor have I found anyone who has uploaded any videos or anything, I'll try my best to rent/buy this game and spoil the hell out of it. I have to wait a few hours, until 7:40 pm my time, to at least try, though. :/ (it's 5:14 pm here.)

I don't think I'd be able to stream anything, though, since I don't have that webcam that I used to have, when I streamed Unleashed, and my capture card (ATI, buh) sucks and lags a ton. I'd be able to get stills, though, I think.

No promises though >>;

10. DimensionWarped

DimensionWarped

Erinaceous! Oldbie
    Chances are it doesn't really hit stores until tomorrow. No need to freak out just yet.

In any event, I set myself up with the Wii backup channel yesterday, so...

11. Dissent

Dissent

@SailsSez on Twitter Member
    I called my local GameStop, today's the ship date. This has been happening a lot lately, where the release date is just the ship date. It's quite annoying, so we'll most likely have to wait until late tonight or tomorrow morning for a dump. As soon as I get it though, I'll be hosting myself playing it live via http://www.mogulus.com/BlackKnightStream (Which is just a waiting screen with some nice elevator music from Sonic 3 at the moment).

12. Master3k

Master3k

Hmm...I hope this game is at least better than Sonic Unleashed (which wasn't that bad, IMO). However, Sonic + Sword doesn't sound like a great combination, at least for me.

13. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    IGN Review.

I haven't read it yet, just passing it along. But the score isn't good. Not that I'm surprised.

Ignoring the review, though, I'll probably rent it, shudder at its awfulness, and move right along...?

14. Dissent

Dissent

Sadly, that review is nothing but comparison to "good" Sonic games. He should probably make up his mind about the level design too:

"Varied level designs come to life with good art and great effects."

"Everything you've ever liked about Sonic games -- speed, great level designs -- is gone."

15. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    There's a sprite flash series with this whole idea going on LONG before SatBK was announced. On that note...
    http://www.wizard-alcove.net/filler/index.php?strip_id=80
    ^If you follow the link to the comic series of Power Rings, scroll down to the comments and follow that link as well, you will see people have been thinking about giving Sonic a sword for quite some time.

16. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    Art design != level design.

Eh, sounds to me like he's making it sound worse than it is for the lulz. I doubt this game is really frustrating, I'm getting the impression that this game's problems have to do with it just being dull. Haven't played it, so I could be wrong.

17. Dissent

Dissent

The fact that most of the review is comparison to other Sonic games and the closing comments consist of "The intense speed, loop-de- loops, and pinball jumps that Sonic is known for have been altogether removed for insultingly bad swordplay tied to retarded Wii waggle that will leave your arm sore and your heart broken.", I really have to wonder if this is a review for Sonic and the Black Knight and not just a regular news post complaining it isn't as good as Sonic the Hedgehog 2.

Edit: Yes, let's use the word RETARDED in a professional review. Fucking moron.

18. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    IGN hate sonic so they will just thrash the game, no suprises there.

19. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    Sonic TV Scripts, Sonic Comic Wiki Work
    Great idea! Since I can't be bothered to go out and rent it yet, I'll most likely be watching. :P

Also, IGN has been pretty anti-Sonic lately anyways, so I'm not surprised by the review.

20. Vaiz

Vaiz

I'm still here for some reason! Member
    Internet.
    Guys, let's not get back into this LOL IGN R STUPID IGNORANT HATE SONIC >:[[ LOLOL crap again, you know it'll just end with a bunch of posts being trashed.

On topic, I'm actually interested to see the reaction non professionals (IE; you guys) all have to playing it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.