don't click here

General Project Screenshot/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Jun 26, 2008.

1. roxahris

roxahris

Everyone's a hypocrite. Take my word for it. Member
    Doing anything at all
    :(
    But, err, did you read my post? I was going to make an example for you, but I realized by the time I'd have finished it... yeah. Mega Drive dithering, from what I know, works best if it's done in straight lines. Not like that. See the Marble Zone smashers for a really good example of what dithering can do. Or just look at Sonic 3 (some say the game is a jumble of pixels... until you turn on the filter. I disagree.) or another dither-heavy game. Here are some examples, off the top of my head. Vectorman, and it's sequel. Gunstar Heroes. Any Treasure game. Ristar. Streets of Rage series, but only in a few places. Hell, I could go on all night.

2. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    Also, not sure if I've mentioned this before, but please change the name "SAWNIK"

It makes me cringe every time I see that. =P

3. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    That's more helpful. =3

Straight lines seems the way forward, according to both of you. I'll see what I can whip up.

4. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
  5. Dr. Mecha

Dr. Mecha

Dallas, TX
    3d Models
    I had to agree with Chimpo on this one. Dithering doesn't give you an excuse to use less colors on those guys, let alone avoid shading them altogether. Sure it does help with shading, but you over doing it.

6. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    I shall quote:
    EDIT: And damnit, that Flash in the Dark sounds identical to mine >:O

7. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Edwardo Knuckles revoiced the XM with the Wily Wars voices, I'm gonna redo it with the new voices I have anyway.

8. Aquifer

Aquifer

[​IMG]

The top is the old grass.
    The bottom is the new grass.

9. 87th

87th

FOX HOUNDER Member
    [​IMG]
    Is the Sonic & Knuckles bit going to stay on the left-hand side? I think it would look better in the middle of the screen. It'd better match the symetery of the banner.

10. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    1. To begin with, the whole "circle and ribbon" isn't centered even in a plain Sonic 1 rom (you can test that for yourself), so it's not that symmetric;
    2. In a previous post, PsychoSk8r stated that he had some problems when he tried to center that thing, so that placement supposedly isn't final, as he also stated he's still trying to put it in the middle;
    3. It looks better off-center, imo <_<

11. Aquifer

Aquifer

I got more done already. :D
    [​IMG]
    Please note that the bottom scene is a mockup and may not look like the final design. :)

12. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

Retro 80's themed Twitch streamer ( on hiatus) Member
  13. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    I like better the new grass =P

14. Bareirito

Bareirito

Argentina
    Sonic - Mystery of the Chaos Emeralds
    *working on it*

[​IMG]

EDIT: Fixed picture problem. =P

15. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    Cant see it.

16. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
  17. filmzombie

filmzombie

The real spindash... Member
    England- The Land of Tea
    Sonic Synthesis
    Good start.

Although perhaps a shot outside of the grey hills would have given a better perspective, unless of course the background hasn't been fiddled with yet and you'd prefer it to remain hidden.

Other then that- whilst the lime green bridge isn't exactly to my personal tastes, I think one of the yellow shades needs tweaking with because it seems to be effecting one of the grey lines.

18. Bareirito

Bareirito

Argentina
    Sonic - Mystery of the Chaos Emeralds
    Thanks! I'm doing the pallettes as best as I can (so will be the art), the background is in the night. Also, if I tweak the yellow, it will affect to Sonic's pallette for some reason. The pallettes are temporary, by the way. I will change that bridge.

19. filmzombie

filmzombie

The real spindash... Member
    England- The Land of Tea
    Sonic Synthesis
    I've never editted a Sonic 1 Palette before, but that's slightly odd. I would have assumed the yellow in the layout wouldn't have relied on the sprite's colours...

20. LazloPsylus

LazloPsylus

Buried under SSRG Somewhere Tech Member
    Academy City
    SSRG, world domination, a billion and one research projects...
    Well... I guess it's time I show off a little of what I've been working on.

[​IMG]

It's nowhere near completion, but most all of the frames are in, and most all of the major palette editing to accommodate him are in. I do need some ASM help for a couple of things that's causing some trouble, if anyone's interested.

And before I forget, Maxd provided the sprites. I did everything else.