don't click here

Vote for the return of an obscure character

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Aquaslash, Feb 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    Or, more likely, Sega would change his character and he'd no longer be mute. For an example of this, look what they did to Metal Sonic in Sonic Heroes. I doubt sega would have a truely silent main character.

2. Cyberblade

Cyberblade

Can't catch me ya bastard! Member
    Ohio
    Sonic Shift
    Nack all the way. The only Sonic character that can wield a gun and not look totally out of place.

3. doc eggfan

doc eggfan

Are you pondering what I'm pondering? Wiki Sysop
    ACT
    GreatMegaLD, GreatSC3k, Great SG1k
    SILVER SONIC!

Why?

TENTACLE CHEST CLAW!

4. Rockman Zero

Rockman Zero

Hello there, my little friend. Member
    Videos for Hellfire Commentaries.
    I voted for Mighty. I wish I could vote for both Mighty and Fang!!

5. Ridiculum

Ridiculum

Fang for sure. Mighty just doesn't have too much of a place, although my house would have a new coat of white if both would be in the future Sonic games.

Fang's the only one worth having a gun. NEEDS to be taken away from Shadow.

6. The Game Collector

The Game Collector

Washington State, USA
    Being Ted Narcotic's bass player; working on Kelly Kristjanson's tape archive; collecting video games
    I picked Nack as well. I say Nack should be his official name since it was his original name, and it was used in the comics as his name as well.

I like the idea of a separate villain, and the possibility of a spinoff series character that is actualy unique enough to have different gameplay.

I'd like to play a Nack game where you have a treasure hunting goal like Wario.

I would like to see Nack and Rouge become rivals, trying to get more treasure than the other. But I'd like to see Nack be the winner, capture Rouge and make Knuckles or somebody rescue her making him look even more awesome of a treasure hunter than her.

7. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    What the hell, we've all forgotten the best characters ever.

Scratch and Grounder.

8. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Eh, not the first time I've said this but if Shadow's going to keep his gun, then he's also going to need to take on an over-the-top mental personality a la Retro in Dead Leaves -- Rouge is a dead ringer for Pandy already.

9. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Someone vote mighty or nack for me please.

Mighty is the only other character with the same red shoes sonic wears, I'd imagine sega would just fuck him over and give him boots or something crap.

10. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    So far Fang/Nack is winning HARD. It's almost a landslide since he has the majority of the vote, quite a majority at that.

11. RedStripedShoes

RedStripedShoes

And I'm gone again. Member
    You forgot Coconuts.

12. Graxer

Graxer

I voted for Mighty. For some reason it really annoyed me that he was left out of Team Chaotix in Sonic Heroes. Even a mention of him would have been good, and in my opinion he would have been a better speed character than Espio.

It would also be good if Nack/Fang returned. He was a great character, and, being a theif, could be a great rival for Rouge.

13. xcliber

xcliber

Tails Doll for the win!

14. Hybrid Project Alpha

Hybrid Project Alpha

It's what's for dinner Oldbie
    Douglas, NB
    Getting a life
    Metal Sonic's voice in Heroes was awesome though
    Also he had one line in the movie

Or give them both guns and have epic shootouts :(

15. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    I don't think Sega actually owns those characters.

16. xcliber

xcliber

Scratch and Grounder are products of SEGA having first appeared in Sonic 2.
    They are labeled as "Scratch" and "Grounder" in the badnik section of the manual.

Edit:
    Coconuts too.

17. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    He's too busy cleaning latrines =P

18. Voted Tails Doll.

Well, actually, I gave an OK reason. Imagine him flying about an abandoned city or something, shooting mind bullets at you, and possessing people. Creepy. A crazy fan story turned official.

Though I also said I liked most of the characters. But yeah, I think it's going to be Nack, and I'm kinda glad. There are some real weird people that could have potentially won, and I think that should be avoided. Might would be a good addition as well, but there isn't much they can change between him and Sonic, and it doesn't look very hopeful for him.

EDIT: Looks like they did add Sonic Retro to the Featured Websites, with a little note. 'SEGA is not responsible for the content of external internet sites'. XD

19. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Current results (courtesy of Indigo Rush)

[​IMG]

20. Sciz

Sciz

Yeah, they do. If the Archie book is any indication, Sega owns everything created for the franchise by their licensees. Not to mention all three of them showed up in the comic under a year ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.