don't click here

Super Epic Story Book Time!

Discussion in 'Project: Sonic Retro (Archive)' started by Chimpo, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    Sonic TV Scripts, Sonic Comic Wiki Work
    Seems like a good idea to me, poor Tails getting stuck with Metal Sonic. For some reason, it seems like Tails is at a disadvantage when it comes to fighting Metal Sonic (he always seems to be weak when it comes to fighting anyways), so would pitting Tails against Metal Sonic be fine?

2. Zorayas

Zorayas

The Littlest Oldbie Oldbie
    Nothing wrong with a good outmatched boss fight. Besides that, I kind of saw Metal Sonic as different somehow in every fight. Maybe he has different upgrades to fight with or something, and Tails just has to destroy those.

Either way, we might be getting a bit ahead of ourselves.

3. Vaiyt

Vaiyt

Oglio p'ru çeu Member
    As Chimpo said, this was already discussed before. Two times. Since my idea was lost in the scrapped topics, I'll try wording it again.

"The scene where Sonic and Tails split should have Sonic clearly leaving Tails to deal with Metal Sonic, in a 'I know you can do it, buddy' sort of way"

4. Zorayas

Zorayas

Disregard my idea. Entirely. That's perfect.

5. I love this idea very much. But how are we going to show what's happening on-screen. This storyline is a lot more detailed than traditional Sonic storylines. I think it can't be explained in-game using the sprite cutscenes. So how else can you show stuff like the emerald and fake emerald without words. Without something to point out that there is a counterfiet emerald it will be confusing. Any ideas? Maybe we can use story boards like the end of Sonic 2.

6. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Maybe the occasional intermission with text à la Sonic 3D can work. But there should be as few as possible.

7. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    Fake emerald: same sprite as the real, but colours tond down/more gray?

For the Sonic-Tails scene: Sonic can give him a pat on the back, do a thumbs up and run away.

8. Thundertimi

Thundertimi

Sonic Retro (Artwork team)
    Story is too complicated...

Think about Sonic 1,2,cd,3 And S&K.

I would forget amy in this project.
    I hate her, but that's not main reason.
    She is useless and make things even more complicated.
    Things would roll much faster, if we forget useless stuff like that.

(Im alcoholic and artist, which is usually same thing. We are always right! :P)

Sorry amy fans. I never played any new sonic game, expect sonic heroes (Got bored in 1 hour)
    That game really made me hate next generation sonic games.

9. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Except not.

You know, you seriously irritate me when you always come into topics with the most basic, invalid reasoning you could possibly think of to try and justify why you think certain things should be done how you think. Unfortunately for you, that isn't going to fly anymore—Chimpo's got the reigns, and this whole story is his idea. Good luck shooting that down.

With that said, the story isn't terribly complicated at all—at least not any more than Sonic 3 & Knuckles was. Sonic and Knuckles had different starting point in Sonic & Knuckles that eventually intertwined and split at various points in the game in a very similar manner; why is it somehow invalid to do it again? I'm confused here.

10. Chimpo

Chimpo

Why is Tekken 6 afraid of Tekken 7? Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    Already discussed.

Fake Emerald won't be as bright as the real one and won't have the glow around it. On top of that, the fake emerald is also a robot!

Brilliant! ;)

And these can all be easily done through sprites. I made the entire thing to be told in a way that it can be done with simple shit like in Sonic 3&K.

Let me dumb it down for you.

Robotnik and his cronies have tricked Knuckles, kidnapped Amy, and has stolen Angel Island to build his empire!

Can Sonic and friends rescue Amy and save Angel Island?!

11. Thundertimi

Thundertimi

Well, okay then. I was wrong about story.

But I just can't stand amy thing.
    Even she was in sonic CD, I still don't like her.
    It still feel so "Next generation"

That's just my opinion.
    Do I have to write that in every post I make? Did I say "If I say something, we need to do so."
    Stop complaining about it.

(I fix typos in morning, because im too drunk right now, but I mean every word, what I say)

12. Vaiyt

Vaiyt

Oglio p'ru çeu Member
    My suggestion can be done entirely with gesture, no need for anyone to speak.

There, I've made it even better ;)

13. jman2050

jman2050

Teh Sonik Haker Tech Member
    Well, technically, Knuckles story takes place after Sonic is already gone, as evidenced by the lack of visible water in Angel Island and the whole fact that the island is even in the sky, but your point stands :P

14. Chimpo

Chimpo

Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    I think your opinion is completely baseless and stupid and I don't like it. ;)

FUND IT!

15. Chimpo

Chimpo

Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
  16. Zorayas

Zorayas

She's kidnapped by Nack. How the FUCK is that too complicated to portray in a Genesis-style game. If I recall properly, there's a franchise rather similar to Sonic where every story involved a pink female getting kidnapped, and I think they're doing pretty alright.

I was thinking more along the lines of...Nack's left with the Master Emerald, Knuckles chases off after him, and Robotnik's getting away. Sonic and Tails start running after, when a noise comes from offscreen to the left. Pan to reveal Metal Sonic setting a bomb or powering up on the Chaos Emeralds, or some other generally "Oh shit!" moment. Sonic turns to run after Robotnik and Tails' eyes go wide (can we do that with sprites?). Sonic nods, smiles if we can do that, and runs off. Tails closes his eyes, nods, opens them, cue boss fight.

I really like choreography. ;)

17. Thundertimi

Thundertimi

Sorry about that. I was drunk.

I already accepted, that story isn't complicated, when chimpo made it clear.
    Let's forget my 2 previous posts.

18. Dr. Mustache

Dr. Mustache

Likes Sloths Member
    Then don't post drunk in future, you're ruining everyone's good time.

19. The fake emerald is also a robot! The logic is undeniable...You ARE a genius! :p ;)
    But in all seriousness that's good. The difference should be pretty obvious now.

20. Phoenix

Phoenix

Has really been far even as decided to use even go Member
    <!--quoteo(post=277120:date=Feb 7 2009, 08:49 PM:name=Chimpo)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chimpo @ Feb 7 2009, 08:49 PM) [​IMG]