don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog: The Movie

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Retrogamer, Nov 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Metal-Geo

Metal-Geo

Toot toot Member
    Oh God I remember the movie, back from the VHS days, when I was 12 or 13... I dunno. I got it the same day as the Dreamcast's Dutch release date. (Picked up a shitload of imported Sonic collectables that day. Still one of the most beautiful days of my live)

Everything was awesome and godly. The intro was dramatically epic. And the first theme you hear (after the Metal Sonic intro), where the camera zooms into Sonic and Tails' floating island... I fucking love that track. And idea of Robotnik becoming a father of 20 fugly little babies was just hilarious.

After playing Sonic Adventure, I once watched the movie again. And I found the Land of Darkness to resemble Station Square awfully a lot. After the whole Perfect Chaos attack, that is. (Although the cars weren't all scattered around though. So that connection fails. xD)

There's possible nothing I can say positive about this movie that hasn't been said already. So I'll just leave by saying: "Fuckin'-A".

Yet to find a DVD version of the movie though. :|

2. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
    And don't forget the awesome soundtrack.

I'm seriously thinking we should make a hack or something based over this movie.

3. Namagem

Namagem

USA
    I never knew this existed. I've got to check this out, regardless of the subpar voice actors.

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
  5. Ice Sonic

Ice Sonic

Ice Cap
    No, I am not working on any hack, fanart, or website.
  6. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    After seeing the awesome stills Jay uploaded for us, I'm reminded of this.

[​IMG]

I got that Brawl snapshot completely by chance, and afterwards noticed it had a passing semblance to the scene from the movie.

7. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    Ok, I saw the movie, and all I can say is that this is one of the first vids I converted for my iPod, it's THAT good! I even got adapted to the voice actors (although the first time Tails and Sonic still give me a little bit of a shock. Robotnik is still a threat, but at least he's lighthearted for a villain (and he has taken a couple whacks on the head from Sara :v: And seriously, HOW many villains play video games with their hostages, and give in when their hostages threaten to stop being their hostage?) And Knuckles isn't a real tough guy (he goes crazy when his hat is on fire), and "I never thought you'd stoop that low!" was classic!

But there are some things that just make you go "wtf?" Like when H.M.S approaches Old Man Owl, and it looks like he's going to get killed, but instead Old Man Owl gets forced into Sonic's favorite outfit, and goes off on a mid-life crisis and shocking the President when he calls Sonic and Tails' place.

But yeah, all-in-all STH The Movie is a great movie, and I kinda wish they made more stuff like that. Of course, with Sonic now they might ruin it.

TL;DR...Go read my post, lazy, it's not that long :eng101: :v:

8. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Meh, the Tails hooter-grabbing scene was funnier. Or Sonic whacking his balls on Robotnik's aircraft. XD

9. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    "Oh, I get it! You're synchronizing yourself with Hyper Metal Sonic!" (or something to that effect)

Obviously Robotnik was too stupid to realize Sonic's trying to deal with ball pain XD

10. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    Or he understood what some other people understood which is that Sonic was seeing what Metal was seeing - effectively being synchronized ;P

My vote goes for both versions - Sonic got hit in the balls, then he saw what Metal was seeing and went out of control XD

11. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    I just watched this again on YouTube, good stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.