don't click here

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Sonic Warrior TJ, Jan 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    OH GOD that sounds terrible.

2. Sciz

Sciz

3. Erinaceus

Erinaceus

I'm Hamilton Member
    I'd like to see a list of the events it's going to feature... because for every snowboarding event that makes Mario and Sonic look cool, there's going to be an event such as the Luge that's going to make them look... awkward...

4. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    According to the wiki, Sonic Shuffle and Mario Party were both made by the exact same developer: Hudson Soft. They'd just remove the cards for the more familiar dice and go from there.

As for events, I'd like to see the Biathalon - cross country skiing combined with skeet shooting :psyduck:

5. roxahris

roxahris

Everyone's a hypocrite. Take my word for it. Member
    Doing anything at all
    Hey, I'd but Sonic and Mario's Shuffle Party. Maybe.

This sounds interesting.

6. Robjoe

Robjoe

I'd try this game out if it doesn't end up being little more than "Wave you arms around like a dumbshit and strain your muscles and STILL LOSE because the AI is cheap as hell!" Of course, this is a Wii minigame collection, so I expect exactly that, only with even gayer antics on the Balance Board. Although I suppose I should be happy, since the images of Mario and Sonic will sell plenty of copies thus giving the parties involved some quick cash to make games that actually have chances to be decent.

... I still want those five minutes of my life back that I wasted on the original game.

7. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    The first Sonic & Mario was great fun and I loved it, I don't own it personally but I would play it nearly every time I visited my cousin. A fun game.

If this one is just that with snow sports count me in.

8. Graxer

Graxer

I reckon they should forget realistic events in this an use events such as Holoska bobsleighing, Ice Cap snowboarding, Mario 64 Slip Sliding Away and Mario Galaxy surfing style events (but frozen). The last thing I want is another Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, it got old in about 2 days for me.

9. Cap

Cap

Seriously, I just want snowboarind with Sonic. But I'll deffinetly be pre-ordering this. I couldn't get a hold of the game last time around.
    The game is gimicky, but its still good fun for the first month or so. Besides, winter sports seems more interesing with slope style events and all that. Just hopefully they make it more that shaking the remotes furiously. Prehaps a free movement slope race would be cool.

10. TSSZNews

TSSZNews

First @ Something or Other Banned
    The Update Desk
    Occasional JOURNALISM
    Luge is where it's at.

I may buy this title for that alone.

11. Max Firestorm

Max Firestorm

Pyrodramatic Member
    Here's hoping it gets a DS release like the first one too.

12. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    I wouldn't put it past them.

One downside might be having to buy a balance board to play it.

13. The Segan

The Segan

RIP 1991-1998 Member
    It's too bad Sega's afraid to make a real game starring the two, Nintendo came pretty close (ssbb).

Here's hoping nobody buys this game and they figure it out.

14. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    <!--quoteo(post=271773:date=Jan 23 2009, 07:40 PM:name=The Segan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Segan @ Jan 23 2009, 07:40 PM) [​IMG]

15. I would buy it just to see if Wario could snowboard! What would I like to see more? Using the REALLY annoying characters as snowboards (I'm thinking about a certain guy who wears purple...) If it has those things, I'd definitely buy it. If it had more dream events, I'd buy two :)

16. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Oh! I never thought about it that way. In that case, I'm going to give it a rental.

Still though. :)

17. Nah, they'd probably would make Eggman and Wario WAY more athletic than they really are, like in the normal games. But it still would be nice to get a game like that, you know?

18. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    I never played the first one, so I don't know what to expect. This looks like Wii sports with Mario and Sonic thrown in.

19. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    I don't really care, to be honest. I've pretty much given up on Nintendo these days, and have only been purchasing games for my Xbox.

20. Mario and Sonic Shuffle is an interesting idea that makes sense. For Christ sake, Nintendo is going to be making Mario Party 9 if they wind up making another Mario Party.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.