don't click here

Sonic Unleashed

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Adamis, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My god does the Wii version suck this much vs the 360 one!

2. Super

Super

The ever vigilant GSWAS. Member
    Michigan
    Youtube
    Yeah, the Empire City guy needs to be finished as well, but you still got some more missions for him. Anyway, Try scouring the air and stomp when you need to. I did that mission, and had the same problem, and I can't remember where that last 'bot was hiding.

3. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    After you get to the glass platforms, kill the bot that has a spring on his shield, then use the batbots as a homing attack chain, and stomp on the glass platform up there to kill a batbot, then kill the bots at the bottom.

Is that where you're stuck? It took me forever to figure that out.

4. synchronizer

synchronizer

Is there a side-quest in Adabat having to do with the angry father and her daughter? If so, how do you initiate it?

5. Graxer

Graxer

Yes it was, thanks for the help! I don't think I'd ever have tried that by myself.

6. Retrogamer

Retrogamer

1996: Sonic flips the birdie. Member
    Hey guys, I need some help. I've beaten Empire City day with an A rank, but I'm trying to get an S rank. I do great until the first robot. Whatever I do, I always get hit by it's punch attack. Is there any way to dodge it, or prevent it from using that attack?

7. synchronizer

synchronizer

Boost off the QTE ramp and hold it down. Usually the robot (The "Interceptor" I believe) only punches if you are not boosting. There are enough rings to increase the boost bar.

8. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Well gentlemen, I bring some good news and bad... let's start with the bad.

If you're a completionist and love collecting everything there is to collect in the game, you better pray that the Quiz Lady didn't disappear from you in Shamar. You see, she is the one that holds Art Book 40. Apparently, there's a glitch with her and another event that will cause her to vanish immediately after. I wasn't able to pinpoint which mission did that, since my first file is pretty much screwed since she vanished.

Anyway, the fix is, unfortunately, to get rid of your save file. Passed that, if you don't want her to disappear, you'll need to play through the game but neglect to do any sidemission except hers (I did the journalist's ones and it was still fine, though). Once you restore everything but Eggmanland, finish her Shamar one and she'll stay in place. After that, you're welcome to finish up the rest of them.

The downside, though, comes in from having to hunt for everything else in the game again. Luckily, to avoid future frustration, I logged down the names of items along with what levels they appear in (not specific locations... unless they're tricky to see ones. Otherwise, I'm not doing all the work for you lazy bastards. :v: ) Mind you, by around Adabat Day I was getting a little bored of searching so I just began blazing through the level, and listed whatever I picked up. Without further delay... here's the list.

I more than welcome adding more item locations to the list, as well as maybe tagging on their names and, if someone absolutely wants to, their specific locations.

Only one I need help finding now is Art Book 56.

9. Retrogamer

Retrogamer

1996: Sonic flips the birdie. Member
    If you're talking about Brenda, then damn. I just completed that mission. Oh well. I don't really care anyway.

10. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    No, not the reporter. I'm talking about the old lady you first meet in Apotos and then travels to the different continents and asks you questions about the towns.

11. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Her name is Sandra, by the way. I got that stupid glitch that causes her to disappear. I thought it was odd that she said she was gonna stick around for a while, but disappeared straight away. Stranger still when you consider that other NPCs (Shamar ice cream guy, chai guy, ghost guy, Charles etc) stay put.

12. Graxer

Graxer

The same thing happened to me. Is it possible for Sega to release patches as DLC? I really want to finish the Quiz Lady challenges.

13. synchronizer

synchronizer

Thank goodness I got Artbook 40 without any problems. Are there any more Sandra missions after Shamar, or is that it?

and I need one more moon medal to get all 400 medals. It is in Adabat Day, and I really don't now where else to look.

EDIT: Found all medals!

By the way, specifically, I'm having trouble finding the record which plays the boss-night track. I believe it is RECORD 36. It is not on the list on the previous page.

14. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    On 360 and PS3, yes, this is perfectly possible.

PS2 and Wii? Out of luck.

15. The Pulse

The Pulse

GLUTHAWK, KING OF THE HAWKS Member
    Got the game a while ago. I gotta say; I am impressed.

Controls are tight, and while Werehog can drag on sometimes, there's actually some pretty in depth gameplay.

While on the subject of depth, I have to admit, I thought this game wouldn't have much of it at first. But after seeing everyone's opinions (and getting quite a few game-overs on Eggmanland), I feel safe to say that I was wrong about calling it "shallow."

In fact, I feel that Sonic Team had a stroke of unconscious genius when giving the WiiS2 version to Dimps for different level design.

For starters, the Atopos Act go by pretty quickly in my Wii version, and doesn't have the airplane mission to boot. Not to mention the fact Savannah Citadel is stripped to a Boss Fight so that you can get it out of the way quicker.

Because of Dimps streamlining most of the drudgery that you get in the PS360 version, we now have two versions of a good Sonic game that caters to those who want an in-depth experience with plenty of stuff to do, and a 'streamlined' experience for those who want to jump right into it.

Unfortunately for me, I have to play the 360 version in one-hour bursts each week. Don't have a 360 myself, so I have to go to this game-playing entertainment center near my hometown to pay for an hour to do the in-depth version.

This is why I need to get a job.

16. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Well it's less of an issue as there's far less interaction to patch in the first place. Most stuff is hidden, and mostly in night stages.

17. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Yeah, so far all of the stuff that's been found has been with the werehog (no shocker there). If there are updates, the bulk may go that way, shy of very hard modes of the levels for Sonic.

18. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    I got this game for Christmas on the Wii (can't believe it's taken me this long to post in here). I've gotta say I am very, very impressed. This is easily the best 3D Sonic I've played since Sonic Adventure (before anyone mentions SA2, I can't stand that game anymore; when I first got it on the Dreamcast I thought it was ok, but nowadays I really dislike it).

With the day time stages, I love the fact that the level of speed feels just right, not too fast and not too slow, and that you don't really need to use the boost a lot if you don't want to (I never use it; except for S Ranks, of course). The night stages are fun too, I'm just dissapointed that there are SO many of them compared to the day stages (as fun as the Werehog stages are, I'd have loved a more equal spread between these and the Hedgehog stages). Seriously, between 3 and 5 Acts of night compared to, what, 1 Act and a few missions for the day sections of each continent; that's madness o.o Quick question for XBOX360/PS3 gamers, out of curiosity - is the day-to-night ratio just as unbalanced in these versions of the game, or is it more equal? Still, I really love how they did the night stages, it's nice to have some bits of slow platforming in the game and some of the battle sections can be quite good as well.

I also liked how they did the story, really, for the first time in ages. No overly complex story, just nice and relatively simple, just like Sonic should be if you ask me. Also on this point, IMO the portrayal of Sonic and Robotnik's characters is the best we've had in any 3D game. I can't pinpoint the exact reason, I just thought they were both fantastic. The attitudes, the voices, everything. And also, thank God there's only a minimal amount of existing Sonic characters returning in this game - I was starting to get sick of having bloody loads of sidekicks turning up in every game, so this is much better.

Even though I had this for Christmas, I've not really put LOADS of time into it, and already I've S Ranked EVERYTHING bar the Eggmanland stages, which I've yet to retry due to going back though all the continents in order. Really, I think it's way too easy to S Rank in this game. With the exception of Dark Gaia I S Ranked all the bosses on my first try, as well as some of the Werehog levels. The remainder are only taking a couple of attempts now, if that. I don't think the S Ranks should be this easy, I've never S Ranked (or A Ranked depending on the game ;P) everything this quickly before. Ah well, at least there's all the unlockable content to find as well which'll be fun, I like to take a more slow approach to Sonic sometimes and explore the levels.

All in all, I absolutely love this game, it's a step in the right direction for the series and I hope it continues!

19. Hodgy

Hodgy

UK
    Games programming :)
    You might want to try the xbox / PS3 version :D There are less warehog levels and more sonic levels, and the graphics are amazing, sonics levels are alot better as well, there are more enemies, gimmicks and the places feel alive!

On another note, my brother today said that the warehog is cool, and that its the best thing they have ever added to a sonic game O.o I personally think its good but the levels are too long, but the boss fights with the warehog are really good!

20. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    So... that area to the left of Chun-nan Night's waterfall? I forgot that one of the missions given to you by a character takes you there. It's a one time only mission, meaning once you beat it, you can't do it again. Anyway, looking around, Chun-nan Night is also MUCH longer. Although you only play a small part of this otherwise "unused" area, there's even more to the level on the other side of a large lake, which you can get somewhat close to with the use of a rail along the a wall.

This new unused area looks like a huge fortress. I tried using the go through walls glitch to get into this area, but haven't had any luck. If anyone wants to take a look through here, you'll need to play the Chun-nan Doctor's first mission. Also, you can get back to the main level in this mission, but you won't get very far since the rest of the level's objects aren't loaded.

With this "finding" in Chun-nan night, along with Adabat Night's lost room and goal ring AND nevermind Shamar Night's now infamous unused area, it seems very likely that we may see Hard Modes of these levels which greatly extend them down the line.

Oh, and just to clarify, this is the only time you can explore this part of the level. If you try to go there in the normal level, you're blocked by an invisible wall over the water.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.