don't click here

General Objects/Badniks

Discussion in 'Project: Sonic Retro (Archive)' started by Mobiethian, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Rokkan

Rokkan

Thanks a lot! But hey, it was your colour pallette (awesome colour choices!) and your iniciative. If it wasn't for that edit you made I would never finish the MK-III (because I tryied to do a custom Mecha Sonic but hell, it always didn't come up well...) Also, the MK-I had wheels, but you could only see them in his dashing attack, so I thought I should bring that to the new design. Also LOL I also thought of MK-II like that. Maybe it's because of its humanoid shape and its long spikes, which reminds a lot of Super Saiyan 3 form.
    Also, Metal Sonic Kai is awesome, way better than that pile of crap Metal Overlord. But its design is just too different to incarnate into a Mecha Sonic, IMO. Its distorted and creepy face is perfectly suitable for a final boss, but not for a mid-boss like Mecha Sonic.

2. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Metal Sonic like that can be the first of several final bosses. Robotnik can even park his Egg-o-matic in the hole in his belly there and command it.

I'd love to see a battle on the run where Sonic has to avoid getting hit by Metal Sonic's arm swipes, laser blasts, and the like -- consider it a stylized reinvisioning of the giant mech battle at the end of the Death Egg, except harder.

3. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    If Robotnik were to be controlling Kai or whatever awesome giant Metal Sonic you guys come up with, I'd like to see Metal Sonic gain control over Eggman somewhere halfway through that portion of the boss. I'd be a good way to set up Metal Sonic's personality in the later 3D games.

But yeah, I'd love to see a Metal Sonic fight akin to the Death Egg boss. Kai was just too easy in Chaotix. ;)

4. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Oh, so very true. That first part was tedious and annoying, and then that second part was way too simple. That game really needed to let you replay your beaten levels after clearing the game.

5. Matwek

Matwek

I had a go at a bit of a custom sprite, obviously the shading and extra detail aren't done yet but I wondered what people thought of the general shape and design?
    [​IMG]

6. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    <!--quoteo(post=259716:date=Dec 25 2008, 03:07 AM:name=Soselocke)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Soselocke @ Dec 25 2008, 03:07 AM) [​IMG]

Just kidding. =P

7. Phoenix

Phoenix

Has really been far even as decided to use even go Member
  8. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    It's from an old hack. :P

9. Mobiethian

Mobiethian

Oldbie
  10. Matwek

Matwek

Bit of an update on my (comic inspired) custom metal sonic
    [​IMG]
    Really finding it hard to come up with a body that works and the shading could do with improvement as it was only temporary till I got the shape right, anyone fancy having a go?

11. Rokkan

Rokkan

12. Matwek

Matwek

Go ahead, its getting as far as I can take it by myself.

Not sure which bits you want to take from it but I would really like to see the design of the head kept. I think it makes a nice change from the 'spikes down the spine' feel of the old designs, its almost like a 3 spiked speed cyclists helmet.
    That and the bulkier shins, the stick like legs work for sonic but I never really like how they looked on the S&K metal sonic, much prefer the S2 one in that respect.

13. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
  14. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    Wohooohooo, I really like where it's going.

15. Phoenix

Phoenix

Has really been far even as decided to use even go Member
  16. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    The far hand.

You're right about it being amazing, though. I liked that particular design a lot, and Chimpo's revision is somewhat sexy. Very evil looking without being all darkdarkdark. I like.

17. Rokkan

Rokkan

Holy shit. I really didn't like how it was before, but your edits made it look really awesome. Loved it <3

18. Dark Phantron

Dark Phantron

Uh, wouldn't it make more sense to have Mecha Sonic Mk-III and a Mecha Tails rather than two Mk-IIIs? At least to my knowledge Robotnik would only ever have one Sonic robot at a time.

19. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    I wonder if it would look better if it was taller? It's still amazing anyway, I was just wondering.