don't click here

E-card help

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Aile, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Aile

Aile

I am seriously thinking about getting the Super Mario Advance 4 rom, but I want to play it for the unreleased E-card levels. Is there any way to play them completely virtually? Like, no actual cards? What I mean is, are there any savestates or anything that could add the unreleased E-card levels and E-switches to it?

2. Hybrid Project Alpha

Hybrid Project Alpha

It's what's for dinner Oldbie
    Douglas, NB
    Getting a life
    ... action replay? I dunno, I think the data was on the actual card

3. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    There was, but the website that hosted it is down, and the dude refuses to reupload it because of "copyright issues" or some bullshit like that. If anyone has this, let us know. I want this as well.

4. Maxd

Maxd

Alabama
    Mixin'
    Your best bet is to buy an E-reader and the cards, swipe the cards to a real copy of SMA4 using 2 GBAs , and rip the ROM from it using a Nintendo DS and a slot-1 flashcart THEN you can play it on the computer via emu. Chances are slim, but there is probably someone near you who has a flash cart.

5. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    But you see, not all the cards were released here. The region locking prevents us from getting them without hacking.

6. Korou Tenshi

Korou Tenshi

UK
    I remember looking for this a while ago.
    As far as unreleased cards goes, I'm pretty sure there were some high quality scans of the cards somewhere that you could print out and use to full effect. Mind you this was on GameFAQs and around a year ago, I dunno if they're still around

7. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Yes, if you print the cards out they should scan correctly. Your biggest headache will be finding an e-Reader.

Oh, you'll need the US SMA4 - the EU one, while having the necessary data reading info present, has been disabled due to Nintendo Europe being faggots.

8. Xkeeper

Xkeeper

lgkdfvlbjepasvdjzcvpaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Researcher
    the bone zone
    current-project-fart
    Wouldn't this save be what you're looking for?

9. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    I believe that be it. Thanks!

Despite my hate for SMB3, I like these levels. I'd like to see someone port them to Super Mario World.

10. Aile

Aile

This save rocks! Thank you so much. I like the newer levels! Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

11. Tom41

Tom41

Pheer the baby EggRobo! Oldbie
    UK
    I have an E-Reader with the SMA4 cards, and unfortunately the EU version of Mario Advance 4. I was able to hack myself a Gameshark code to get into E-World on the EU version, and it works fine on the emulator - however, it refuses to work on the real cartridge!

I wonder why my SMA4 cartridge is different to the EU ROM? Could there be two different versions? If only there was some kind of GBA-PC link so you could do E-Reader stuff on emulators...