don't click here

Christmas Chaos

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Shadix, Dec 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadix

Shadix

Oldbie
    [​IMG]

Art by: Sonic Warrior TJ

DISCLAIMER
    Sonic The Hedgehog and all related material ©SEGA 1991-2008.
    Christmas Chaos, Shadix, and associates are not affiliated with ©SEGA in any way, shape, or form.

CHRISTMAS CHAOS is a collaboration project by members of the Sonic the Hedgehog fanbase, organized by Sonic Retro member SHADIX. He has enlisted the help of several musicians across the community, and hopes to have the project ready for release during Q1 2009. "

PROMO RELEASE

You can pick up the Christmas '08 Promo CD at http://xmaschaos.cafe-blue.com/

Merry Christmas to all of you and thanks to all that were able to get their tracks done for this release! Full release 2009, if you want to participate still even though it might be odd working on Xmas music after Xmas, let me know!

PREMISE

Sonic has never received a proper holiday treatment. With crappy games getting flushed out by the year, and a single Christmas special, Sonic hasn't really had much to celebrate this wonderful time of the year with.

The Christmas Chaos project is rather simple, it's an attempt to make a community\contributory Christmas album that we can all listen to for years to come, giving the community it's own unique way of celebrating this universal holiday (even if you aren't religious Christmas is still a huge part of our culture that has transcended it's original meaning into a sort of super-holiday in itself.). The project is to be released completely free of charge.

RELEASE:

The project is set to be released in two-folds, with as much content as feasibly possible coming out Christmas Day, the 25th of December. The rest of the project is set to come out in Q1 2009 unless circumstances prove even this to be impossible.

The release will be digital, with the tracks being published in .mp3 form along with album artwork, credits, and everything. Both releases will be credited via an image form of a back cover.

Actual CDs may be created and sent out for free, however I will inform you should we decide to do this.

CURRENT CONTRIBUTERS

Music:
    James "Qjimbo" Hansen
    Darkesword
    Blue Magic
    Nekofrog
    Dominic "DOM" Cerquetti
    InstantSonic
    Muteki
    SonicKid
    Shadix

...And even a few surprises!

Art:
    Sonic Warrior TJ

Voices:
    Perfect Chaos Zero
    InstantSonic

What we're looking for:

-Remixes and Wintery, possibly even carol arrangements of Sonic tunes
    -Christmas song covers (with a Sonicy flair if possible)
    -Original songs with a Sonicy feel
    -Chiptunes or Sonic CD styled Christmas music
    -Lyricist
    -Genesis Sonic Chiptune styled Christmas songs
    -Greensleeves in Chiptune form ^^
    -Original Christmas tracks
    -Basically Anything thats not a flatout remix. Be creative, this album needs depth haha. (Not saying remixes aren't accepted anymore, I'd just like to see other things, because if we get too many tracks and I have to make cuts remixes are currently in the overwhelming majority.)

New Ways to Help:
    ---
    -Voice Talent (We need a Tails, a Nack, and MAYBE a Sonic voice actor. Extras may be needed so don't hesitate if you don't have an impression)
    -script Writer
    -Lyricist

If you wish to contribute, please shoot me up an email at [email protected] or an AIM at shadixep with some of your work. You can contribute here too, but for organizations sake it'd be better if I had a direct way to keep in contact with you. I plan to be pretty lenient with the quality standard, however depending on demand and content quality we may have a talk. (Just don't go and replace all the instrument patches on a midi and we're good :( )

When you're track is done, please send it via Email, AIM, or PM. Don't post your WIPs, tracks, and whatnot in the topic.

Edit: Since a genuine concern has been brought to my attention, I'd like to set a new rule. Ice Cap remixes are off limits. :)
    Edit2: I'm pretty sure Charles Hamilton is on and throwing something together, however we need to clarify some things we him so for now I'm taking him off the list until I discuss things more with him. (TSSZ and any other related news groups who may be posting coverage of CC: Please don't write an article on this, wait until the next big announcement, there will be plenty down the road, and this is more of a formality for now. You guys are probably fine keeping your original articles up.)

2. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    OMG I wanna do the album cover, what do you want?

3. Strike Da Mic

Strike Da Mic

Illustrator / Musician Member
    Niederglatt, Switzerland
    GameRights.ch, Sonic 2 HD
    Lyricist here. :(

4. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    Sounds good, I might make something for this.

5. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    This sounds like a brilliant idea. I'm all up for it. I can't contribute to it however, but I fully support this.

6. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    I know this suggestion is hardly seasonal and 'in the spirit', but wouldn't a more sensible deadline be for release next Christmas, so quality can be assured?

Maybe that's too long, but I'm a natural procrastinator I guess ^^;

7. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    Oh My! Perfect timing for my "What I'm Made Of ~ Orchestral Version" !

8. Max Firestorm

Max Firestorm

Pyrodramatic Member
    I'm not amazing, but I can try something ^^;

I think the best thing for me to do is vocals... Since my original music skills are somewhat lacking at the moment...

9. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Interesting idea. I just brainstormed up a cool concept for a Christmas infusion of Jingle Bells and Oil Ocean Zone, so I might see if I can whip that up. :(

10. Dannyboy

Dannyboy

Children, Children, don't be scared. Member
    Toledo, OH
    Level Concepts
    I doubt you'll need it any, but I can sing. Or at least, I think I can. Having got into a college musical allows me to have at least some form of confidence in my voice. :-P

Else, I could some up with some songs and such.

11. Rokkan

Rokkan

Darkesword?
    Fuck yeah, tell me when it's done.

12. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    *starts work on wintery green hill remix*

13. HighFrictionZone

HighFrictionZone

Hi. Member
    Katy, Texas
    Nothing
    No idea about how this thing will pan out. One thing is for certian: there had damn well better be an ice cap mix!</joke>

In all seriousness, I hope things turn out great.

14. InstantSonic

InstantSonic

Just add water! Oldbie
    For the love of god, please call it "Wintergreen Hill" for maximum punnage.

15. Tongara

Tongara

Fuck YOU! Banned
    Birmingham, UK
    Zorbtech Productions
    I think I'm gunna be weird and do something invlolving ice cap zone's bassline with something of my own, plus add sound effects so it should be good. I'm gunna start on this tomorrow.

16. Shadix

Shadix

Oldbie
    [​IMG]

NEWCOMER

17. Sazpaimon

Sazpaimon

Tech Member
    This isnt the guy that did that terrible Marble zone mix is it?

also,if youre gonna have OC Remix guys do this, make sure Icecap is forbidden because we don't need any more ice cap remixes, seriously

18. Shadix

Shadix

Oldbie
    Yeah, he's the guy that did November 10th. He also did a mixtape of mostly Sonic songs: http://smokingsection.uproxx.com/TSS/?p=14987 . Also screw you, he's awesome and you know it.

As for OCR, I basically said no Icecap. One of the guys is doing it anyways... (...The S&K Collection version!)

19. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Count me down as confirmed for submitting a track. I'm doing a sort of dance remix of Twinkle Snow Zone, from Sonic Advance 3. It's not horribly elaborate, nor is it anything spectacular, but I like it for what it is and I think it has its place on the album. Thanks to Gene for the song suggestion!

Can't wait to hear the other tracks once they're done. :)

20. Max Firestorm

Max Firestorm

Pyrodramatic Member
    Fuck yes! About time Twinkle Snow got some recognition >.>;

Edit - Why the hell did I just get inspiration to do a Christmas styled Chaos Angel...?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.