don't click here

Sonic Unleashed

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Adamis, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaiz

Vaiz

I'm still here for some reason! Member
    Internet.

Considering he mentioned running around towns, it sounds as if he's playing the ps360 version.

2. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    Oh sorry he said speech bubbles which I thought was only in the PS2 version. Well then he's just really hard to please isn't he?

3. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    ...Bet you all the hatred comes from the fact Shamar, Empire City and/or Adabat in the day time kicked the living shit out of them.

God forbid they ever made it to Eggmanland.

4. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    I was proud of myself. I only Game Over'd once from Eggmanland, and when I did finish it, I managed a B. I plan on going back to try again later this evening.

Brilliant level though. Simply brilliant. Especially some of the werehog segments.

Back in the day, "last levels" were a mix of precision and reflexes. The past few years, Sonic games have ended with final levels that focused more on reflexes than precision, if anyone gets what I mean.

Eggmanland manages to harness both your reflexes and precision. It's the best "last level" I've played in years.

5. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    Just Eggmanland for me :(
    I think it's the best 3D sonic level since Final Egg or Emerald Coast though.

6. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    The Hot Dog missions for it are fun. Beat the level in 70 minutes, 55 minutes (not sure) and 40 minutes. Mind you, it can be done in 25 minutes, but the key here is you can't die at all. Rank isn't important here, though, so you can skip through enemies. It's also a good way to learn the level and be able to pull it off flawlessly. For the last two rooms, I also recommend the Werehog's charged Y attack straight to the back of the Golems after taking out the magicians so they don't heal them. It absolutely ruins them.

7. Machenstein

Machenstein

Speaking of the hot dogs, I find it cool that the food in the game actually gives you EXP. I didn't think they would be useful for anything other than to keep in your inventory such as the food in Shenmue. Really, what was the point?

8. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    And if you have the rings, you can eat as much as you want. You can pretty much grind with food. The steak in Empire City gets you 50 exp, so if you've eaten all the hotdogs, that's a good food to use. It's 90 rings I think, which is nothing. If you play through Apotos Act 2, you can get 400+ rings easy.

9. Shade

Shade

So you could feed the kitten :v:

10. GHNeko

GHNeko

sega stockholm syndrome Member
    Starting to sound like Chronicles all over again.

jk jk.

Man. I got to get this game man. D:

11. Machenstein

Machenstein

Now I remember. I really should have fed that thing more, even with Megumi around.

Back to Sonic Unleashed, what does feeding Chip do? Is the option just there to tap into your "nice guy" side, or does Chip have some sort of hidden power that can be leveled up as well?

12. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    Haha! Today I managed to beat Eggmanland in 25 minutes! Yay! I could've done it in less minutes, if I didn't have died in the first Titan. I don't unleash until I reach the last two Titans, so I have a hard time in the first one... >_> Still got an "A"! If I had killed the Titans with a Critical Hit I probably would've get a S-Rank though...

Ummm... Talking about food, this one is weird...

I kept giving every chocolate I had to Chip, and, after about 30 chocolates, he gave me a type. When I went to the professor's to watch it, I found that this was a secret video. It shows a CGI animation of Chip and Sonic in Holoska. Chip gets hungry and go eat a chocolate, but, since Holoska is a pretty cold place the chocolate bar was fronzen, and Chip hurts his teeth in when he bite the chocolate.

(It can only be accomplished after getting the "BFF's" achieviment)

I wonder if there is more secret animations like this one!

You become better friends with Chip.

13. Retrogamer

Retrogamer

1996: Sonic flips the birdie. Member
    Oh Christ. Eggmanland was already extremely difficult, and the 360 version takes the difficulty to brutal?

14. Endri

Endri

I wonder how is the Eggmanland of the Wii/PS2 version... The 360 version is full of massive pure win!

Quick note: I'm so happy the topic's name is back to "Sonic Unleashed?" Yay!

Also, how far did anyone go with the combos in Tornado Defence ACT 1? I got a 131 Hits combo! S-Rank! (Can't get a S-Rank in ACT 2 though... >_>)

15. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

Professional Electromancer Oldbie
    There are secret animations for every level. I thought they had been posted here?

16. Endri

Endri

Here? I dunno. Well, I will keep giving Chip diferent foods to see what else he will give me.

Also, I'm doing so many missions lately thst I even got confused, but most locations, as Apotos, Mazuri and Spagonia I've finished then all (I belive), and did not got anything "secret" or usefull at all. Maybe these animations are only obtained by giving Chip food?

17. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

Yeah, when you feed him you unlock them.

The animations are great, by the way. Especially if you enjoyed Night of the Werehog. They're all done by the same animation team and are done in the same, saturday morning cartoony style (and, just like in NotWh, neither Sonic nor chip talk).

18. Endri

Endri

Talking about NotWh, did see the ghost of the animation the the game? Haha! Their 3D models are just in the style of the CGI ones! And they are funny! Hehe!

19. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

Yeah, I like the consistency. I wonder if Sega is finally done tinkering with Sonic's image. His entire outward appearance, including personality, is awesome in Unleashed.

20. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Secret Animations for every level? News to me. They're all the way at the end of the list on my file and there's only three: Chun-Nan, Holaska, and Adabat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.