don't click here

Sonic Unleashed

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Adamis, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. synchronizer

synchronizer

So you like Little Big Planet? The little guy makes my laugh too. Almost every time I win a level, I make him do the disco. So anyway, every main act has been shown I believe. Now we must see what the reward is for a 100% complete game.

2. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    Oh man, I love little big planet. I shouted from the rooftops about how much of a joy it was to play, but I guess I didn't shout over here.

Magnificent "game" (for lack of a better term).

3. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    22 MINUTES?

He's DESTROYED all the times I've heard for this level. This guy's really good :O

4. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Quick note: This is the IGN Australia review, the real IGN review isn't up yet.

5. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    We need to find 1stKirbyEver, because I think he might have all S-Ranks in the day levels.

6. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    Seriously I'm getting sick of these reviews... (and reviewers). They aren't even giving the game a chance... (yesterday's review was the biggest nonsense I've ever seem)... oh, well... >_> That's why I'm even bothering anymore. The game is good. Ponto.

So, did someone get all the S-Ranks and/or Medals already?

There's only a few levels to get S-Rank left to me (All of then are Werehog levels, since I got the S-Rank in Sonic levels already). Also, there's a moon medal in Windmill Isle ACT2 that I can't find anywhere. Any help?

7. synchronizer

synchronizer

8. The Game Collector

The Game Collector

Washington State, USA
    Being Ted Narcotic's bass player; working on Kelly Kristjanson's tape archive; collecting video games
    I bought Sonic Unleashed for PS2 today for the same reason that you would buy both the Genesis and Game Gear/Master System versions of Sonic 1 and 2. If the actual levels are different, they are pretty much different games altogether with just the same title and story.

My favorite aspect of this game is simply how well the story was written and acted out. The story just grabs me and makes me want to keep playing and playing. My favorite game genre is actually RPGs, so I am used to detailed stories with characters who have detailed personalities. Platforming is my second favorite game type with Sonic being my favorite character. I might actually like Sonic more than RPGs themselves though.

Chip also makes a good addition to Sonic's long list of friends. His character is acted out well with a detailed personality. He's quite humorous as he is always offering chocolate. The part where he played dead and his spirit actually came out of his body for a few seconds really made me laugh.

As I am trying to complete all my favorite game series in order, I can't wait to finish Sonic Heroes through this game so I can see what happens in the story. I will also be getting the PS3 version for sure.

Since somebody mentioned PS3, I'll talk about my use of the system:
    When it comes to PS3, what I usually do is buy all the multiplatform games for it instead of Xbox 360. Then I just play Xbox 360 for the exclusives. That way the system I would rather play gets more support which helps it stay in the market. I bought the 60GB version so I have full backward compatibility with PS1 and PS2. Since there are so many good PS1 and PS2 games, that means I use my PS3 a lot. I would rather not have to switch systems as much in order to play the new games.

After a while, more used games become available and the price drops. That's when I start picking up the same multiplatform titles for all the other consoles like Xbox 360.
    To me, using a different controller for the same game is like a different experience. If the game is good, having it on more than one platform gives me a reason to play through it all the way more than once.

9. Endri

Endri

Nope. He only got the ones I got, and missed one of the ones that I have. The one in the begining, when you go through the path that you need to use the triple spring, jump left as soon as you reach the end of that path, grab the medal nad go down by griding.

In other words, this medal is annoying me. I already have 178 Moon Medal in total. But I can't find this one! Damn!

10. synchronizer

synchronizer

Once I get the game on PS3, I will look for them myself. I will tell you the location immediately, although you might find it by then.

EDIT: Wait a second. He got everything you got except for that one? I think I know the location. Let me make sure.

EDIT: Sorry, no luck. The best advice I would give is to search the areas around 2:00 and onward in this video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj3r_frgFBE...feature=related
    I see many branching paths that could house the final medal.

11. Endri

Endri

Oh, well... >_>

Guess I'll... try... to get S-Rank in the Werehog levels left...

Also... Question: (Contains Spoiler, 360/PS3 gamers whose beated the game already)
    When you restore the sixth continent (be it the one with Abadat or the one with Shamar, since you decide the order), then you have to talk to Tails to him to take you to Eggmanland. The question is: can you go outside Eggmanland as soon as you get there or are you stuck in there until you beat the last boss? (I couldn't really check it myself because when I went there I just did the night and day stages and went to the end, nonstop)

12. Vinsent

Vinsent

You can return to the world map any time

13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    True, but you can't go the the hub until after you beat the rest of the game.

14. NioZero

NioZero

Concepción, Chile
    Tornado Sky Fighters
    metacritics has some reviews about the x360 and wii version..

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/.../sonicunleashed

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/wii/sonicunleashed

(the wii version have better review than the x360..)

that level is awesome... I need a x360... :)

15. Dannyboy

Dannyboy

Children, Children, don't be scared. Member
    Toledo, OH
    Level Concepts
    Tricky moon medals? I have them all in Apotos Act II Day.

There are three tricky ones.

1. At the beginning, there's a section of rails right before a bump in the floor. Go to the LAST RAIL and backtrack up it. Tricky medal one.

2. In the first section where you can blaze through some open parts (right before the first 2D section) there's a house patio on the right that you can explore. Happy Hunting. :)

3. There's a goal post over an opening that must be cleared before moving on to some three flying enemies, somewhere near the middle-end of the level (last post maybe?). Backtrack on the right, you should go down some stairs, and there is your prize.

This help?

16. Super

Super

The ever vigilant GSWAS. Member
    Michigan
    Youtube
    Epic glitch is epic. When fighting the final boss, I ended up up getting hit because of a cheap last attack sent after I killed
    the shield snakes
    . Anyway, The game carried on as normal, going through some QTE and when function returned to Sonic
    for the final hit(One last QTE),
    he stood there, unmoving, yelled "HEEEEEERRRREEE'S SONIC!", and then fell to his death.

Oddly, this has affected my additional lives, as during the first
    Super Sonic
    rush, I can't move Sonic at all, he just continues straight at incredible speeds- pressing boost makes him go a lot faster.
    Which is incredibly fast, making it to Dark Gaia in mere seconds. Best time so far is seven seconds.

Note - The next event that happens doesn't take place until at least 25 seconds, so poor Sonic stood there, waiting. Because someone was just too slow.

Anyway, I can make it just fine to the next event without touching the control stick. Sometime I get hit, but I'm usually fine regardless. Even though, epic glitch is indeed epic.

17. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    wow so Eggmandland in the 360 is just one long ass level huh? Man it's so different from PS2. I gotta get my hands on this. That looks just plain epic.

18. Epsilonsama

Epsilonsama

THE FASTEST TAPE ALIVE! Member
    Earth
    Wow, Sega, where the heck have you been all this time, this IS a Sonic Game, Bought it today and I have to say I'm impressed, after all the bad press this game has, this is actually an 8.0 - 9.0 game, not perfect but a great Sonic game.

I hope this game sells well so Sega continue using the hedgehog engine.

19. synchronizer

synchronizer

Can you make a video showing these, especially the 1st and 2nd? Those are the ones nobody got in any videos I have seen.

20. Dannyboy

Dannyboy

Children, Children, don't be scared. Member
    Toledo, OH
    Level Concepts
    I personally don't have any way of making a video that could show you, but I could get some screenshots and upload them somewhere.

Unless of course you can suggest a way that may help me in making you a video.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.