don't click here

Sonic Unleashed

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Adamis, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dannyboy

Dannyboy

Children, Children, don't be scared. Member
    Toledo, OH
    Level Concepts
    Yeah, the ratio is about 1:1... especially since you have the choice for the greater amount of time whether or not you'd wanna play the Werehog stages.

And if you wanna know how it plays, look at my long ass post on page 232.

2. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    When I play the Wii version of Sonic Unleashed I think like I'm spoiling the high-end version... like, I'll know more or less the events that will happen next in the 360 version... a major spoiler!

3. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    In addition to there being more Sonic stages they're also longer from what I've seen making it pretty close overall.

4. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    The gameplay experience will more than make up for it. The stories in Sonic are never really a major selling point. They're Saturday Morning Cartoon level, at best; good for entertainment, but not really strong enough that you can miss a detail or three and still go on fine.

5. Endri

Endri

Also, the story is never well developed enough. That is, you can progress in the game without any story at all. The genesis ones did this in the past after all...

6. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    ...?

7. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    When you say acts, are they generally, you know, acts? I mean like, are they like in the older games where you played in pretty much 3 levels with the same motiff, or are they like in Secret Rings' missions? If it's the former I'll be very happy with this game, so long as the Werehog levels aren't TOO bad.

8. Loggo

Loggo

Rafina
    I agree.
    In my opinion, the exact same thing happens with Sonic too.

9. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    Whether Tweaker's Sega strategy theories on Unleashed are bullshit or not, I do know I want a PS3 now. lol

10. Hivebrain

Hivebrain

Administrator
    53.4N, 1.5W
    Github
    I listened to the PS2 ADXs, and I thought they sound like stock music. The kind of music a TV channel plays when it shuts down for the night.

11. Super

Super

The ever vigilant GSWAS. Member
    Michigan
    Youtube
    Again, for those that care, they updated the blog again. I guess you can say the Egg Beetle is no longer a spoiler...

All about Game Art and Design. If you didn't catch it, they made one before this one that I didn't catch anyone here talking about, even though I did post the link...

12. NintendoBrad

NintendoBrad

So, now that the 360 version is available and people have played it a bit, would anyone call that version a success? It looks quite good from what I've seen, but I want to know from a fan's point of view if it's the good 3D Sonic we've been waiting for Since SA2. I'm unable to play it since I do not own a 360, but I will get one in the future.

13. Endri

Endri

I can't really say at the moment... I'm burning my copy for the 360 right now! ;) But from what the people here who played it already, the 360 version is really awesome.

14. synchronizer

synchronizer

Wait a second. More than 1 daytime stage per area? Seriously? YES!
    By the way, here is a video of someone playing Spagonia full on the 360 version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_Fjo-zvcNU

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Well I picked up the 360 version today. I can't wait to play it, but I have other matters to attend to right now. Currently I'm downloading the game onto my console (No way I'm letting loading times get in the way this time, even if they are all really short. Also don't want the system being too loud and blocking out the full awesomeness that is this game's soundtrack)

16. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
  17. synchronizer

synchronizer

What are all of your opinions on full Rooftop Run?

18. Ayla

Ayla

I shat on your desk ^^ Oldbie
    West Linn, OR
    Hacking Contest, StH Overlooked, Personal Indie game
    General consensus is 360/PS3 == best game since Adventure 1? If so, I'll get a new console and this game a month from now. Otherwise, no. It sounds like people are satisfied with the upscaled versions for the better systems.

19. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member

It's ridiculously fast, and of a reasonable length I suppose. I just hope no day stage is over 10 minutes long on that version.

It was actually pretty hard to follow but I'd have to play it for myself to see.

20. SmashFGM

SmashFGM

Out of ten what would you rate the 360 version and why. I still have to wait until the 28th.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.