don't click here

Sonic Unleashed

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Adamis, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cap

Cap

Geez, sega. If your making a demo. Release it NOW. Please! Quite faffing and dragging things out.

I've been so tempted to go and watch all this walkthroughs stuff, but I'm restraining myself. I just watched apotos once. But really, I just don't want to spoil any of the game yet.

2. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Man, the music to this game is AWESOME. I'll see about putting up an ADX set in a little while. The daytime stages use AIX file formats, apparently in addition to the intro and main loop there's also a heavily distorted version that I assume is used when boosting. This requires converting and all, you know -- first a run to get rid of these distorted sections, then to reconfigure the intro and loop.

3. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
  4. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    I'm considering renting this game for XBOX 360 when it comes out (Read: No money to buy the game :) )

5. (Doesnt read past 9000 pages)

Wii version: yes or no? should I get it?

6. Sokaris

Sokaris

Here is a man who stood up. Member
    If you don't have a 360: yes
    If you do have a 360 : no

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Well I'm getting both versions so think about that. The games look different enough that it makes sense to me.

8. Wetflame

Wetflame

:D Banned
    I don't get why they couldn't have just made it a flat out Sonic game and had the werehog for one or two levels as a gimmick.

I have high hopes for the sequel at least. I hope it's out soon enough.

9. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
  10. PC2

PC2

GenMobile > 3DS Member
    Various Artwork & Music, :smug:
    If you'd at least reat the last 10 pages or so, you'd know by know it's usually better not to base your opinion off the opinions of others. If you're really unsure, just rent it first or something, like DW said earlier.
    Some fans want nothing but speed, but some fans want more platforming. I see this as a decent way of distributing a more equal share. From the looks of things, too many speed stages would probably just get boring after a while, leaving the players who want more platforming with that empty feeling.

11. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    Oh, I found an even better example:
    No More Heores - 6.0/6.0

Or they could have been really swanky, and put Sonic into mid-low speed levels like they did from Sonic 1 - Sonic Adventure. The Werehog could have been used during the final step before re energizing the chaos emeralds, in like a 1 minute sequence of totally wrecking everything, like the Ride Armors from Megaman X. Wait! 1-2 minutes long... Completely different from the rest of the game... That reminds me of something...

12. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    Well, I'm almost done with the game. I'm on the last level right now, and I have to say whoever made the Werehog needs to be shot. I'd say around %70 to %80 of the game your Werehog. Pretty much for every 1 Sonic level, you get 3-5 Werehog levels. It's total BS. Though, the Sonic stages are very fun, Chun-Nan may be my favorite. The Wii version has the jump pads also, like the 360 one. The custscenes of Eggman are really funny, he has a robot in his desk that pops out and talks to him, and it always tells him off, for acting to fast, and messing up, and Eggman always ends up slapping it. Also, a villager in Mazuri hit's him with a rock, and he falls flat backwards in his Eggpod. Oh, and if you boost into a wall as Sonic, he flattens like a pancake, and falls down, before going back into shape. I really like the cartoon things it has. In another cutscene, Chip tells everyone he would die if he went without eating, and his body falls to the ground, and you start hearing a long beep, and see Chips ghost before he goes back into his body. (Chip has a fetish for chocolate, he asks every single person he meets if they'd like some chocolate.)

Also, in the first cutscene when he falls to the ground, Sonic breaks the 4th wall, by looking at the screen and saying "Did I fall on him D:". The voicing is as bad as ever in Unleashed. I really wish they wouldn't have overdone the Werehog, he's very annoying, and on the platforming parts, one button press can send you to your death. Also, if Sonic walks anywhere near water, he falls down and dies. I mean, I stuck his foot in the water and he just falls down and died. There's way to much button mashing as Werehog, and it takes forever to kill boss's.

Also, Eggman land is pretty bland, I haven't finished it, because 1 missed button press kills you, and I still have not got an extra life, rings do not give extra lives. I've had 2 lives since the start of the game. Eggmanland, is pretty much a post apocalyptic city mixed with amusement park. (Though when you first get's there, you here Eggman laughing really hard after talking to you, he goes "AHAHAH AHAHAH AHHA AHHA *COUGH* *COUGH* HA." I found his coughing pretty funny personally.)

Personally I would give this game a 6 or 7. Without Werehog, I'd almost give it a 9 or 10. Playing levels again for S ranks is really fun on Sonic levels. And with the GC controller, it plays just like SADX, and SA2:B in terms of controls. Instead of how the 360/PS3 version you have to hit the boost button to do a homing attack, you can hit jump again like normal, oh and supersonic spin is just boosting before you hit a speedpad, you can't do it on your own.

Oh, and there will be a Sonic and Supersonic figure, just like there Werehog ones, it's in the back of the instruction booklet.

13. Hodgy

Hodgy

UK
    Games programming :)
    I hope the ps3/360 versions are better than the wii/ps2 version ;)

14. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
  15. Kurosan

Kurosan

Samurai of Gaming Oldbie
    The gameplay is the same, so nope. It'll be mostly the same with two more stages and slightly less interactivity.

16. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    What happened to this 50/50 stuff? Why did they dump this 3 levels to 1 night level BS on us?

17. Hodgy

Hodgy

UK
    Games programming :)
    I'm not worried about the gameplay, I'm more worried about the balance of daytime / night time levels.

18. Vlcice

Vlcice

Oldbie
    Unfortunately, from what I understand Dimps were developing the day levels for the PS2/Wii version - not the night levels. That suggests to me that those won't be significantly different between versions.

19. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    Sounds like another massive step forward but two steps back deal. They got the daytime levels, maybe just MAYBE they'll go in the right direction this time.

20. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    This is DIMPS version. Not SEGA's PS360 version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.