don't click here

Zone 02 : "Circus Zone"

Discussion in 'Project: Sonic Retro (Archive)' started by Retro_Stew, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Armada

Armada

Sometimes I do things Member
    How about Robotnik badniks with bumper bellies? That would certainly be interesting.

2. Thundertimi

Thundertimi

Sonic Retro (Artwork team)

There should...

What about trying to do something about it...

3. CyclopsCaveman

CyclopsCaveman

Crawled out of a fan. Member
    You mean like those badnik from CNZ in Sonic 2, except that they walk around with bumpers for bellies and look like a really fat guy?

4. Galaxia

Galaxia

Manchester, England
    degloving infants
    I was just thinking actually, the idea about the alternative path if you don't go on the tightrope could be that... for example the bomb could send you off the tightrope forcing you to take another route?

5. Uuhh....that would give me nightmares. ^_^;

6. Thundertimi

Thundertimi

Sonic Retro (Artwork team)
    [​IMG]
    wip

7. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Isn't that a retool of an existing badnik? That face looks extremely familiar, though I can't quite name where from...

8. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Mushroom Hill Zone.

9. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Yeah, it's the thing that flys the Flying Battery past you at the end of MHZ. As for the badnik - very SAdv1 clown =P

10. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    I thought it was the thing that tossed mushrooms at you. In fact, I'm pretty positive of that.

Although yeah, I think I remember it manning the Flying Battery, as well.

11. CyclopsCaveman

CyclopsCaveman

Crawled out of a fan. Member
    Let's come up with an original design for that rather than using a sprite from a previous game.

I mean come on. Not even the buzz bomber was the same between 1 & 2! We should give a different design that looks new and more like a circus freak on a unicycle riding on a tightrope. We could make this look like a bunch of metal rods with ball joints to look sorta like a frame of a human, and hive it have a big case/sack of bombs on its back and it's riding on a wheel in place of its legs or something, instead of the banal design that's currently just plagiarism.

12. PlasmaNuke

PlasmaNuke

NY
    Surviving.
    I agree, a new design is needed. However, saying that it's plagiarism, though being correct, is pretty much like saying "This part of the chicken tastes like chicken", because after all, we're using Sega's characters. Sounds like plagiarism to me.

Anyways, attending to the real matter at hand, we need a new design for this badnik, like Cyclops said I think it should take on a somewhat "human" form. We're just being lazy here, and that's not going to cut it.

13. <!--quoteo(post=247097:date=Nov 18 2008, 12:54 PM:name=PlasmaNuke)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PlasmaNuke @ Nov 18 2008, 12:54 PM) [​IMG]

14. bookman the stinky

bookman the stinky

literal trash Member
    the dong
    find motivation
    First thing that struck me when I saw the concept was the carnival level off Rivals.
    Also I'd like to help sprite some of the enemies and objects, if you don't mind.

15. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    WOW! I really REALLY like that design Kamon62!

If only I had good enough spriting skills... I'd so turn that concept into sprites

16. Matwek

Matwek

I think the tightrope might work better if it acts like the water in Hydro City zone, if you're running fast enough you shoot straight across it if not you just fall down below.

17. bookman the stinky

bookman the stinky

literal trash Member
    the dong
    find motivation
    Took about 45 minutes of after-school free time
    I shall call him....ROPESHOT!
    I've named the other guy RopeChuck (I hope these names stay :) )
    [​IMG]

His "glowies" flash from yellow to white to red before attacking, starts out moderatly fast then gets really fast, stops at red while firing, then loops backwards two times and stops at yellow.
    I'm too lazy to animate it :)

18. roxahris

roxahris

Everyone's a hypocrite. Take my word for it. Member
    Doing anything at all
    That lacks shading. Also, the colours seem a bit unfitting.