don't click here

What if one day Sega comes here and...

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by nineko, Nov 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan Genesis

Dan Genesis

As it was predicted. Plus, this is like some cute Member
    Top Secret. Bitch.
    KuroKomix LPs and Blog.
    It would be great to be able to push for the return of the awe-inspiring Hyper Sonic. But I've got my own shit to worry about.

2. tech3475

tech3475

I think Sega would go: "You still play the mega drive? You guys are old, buy sonic 06!"

Seriously, I don't think they would care accept for maybe putting one or two hacks into their next compilation (albeit decompiled and have the SEGA replaced and a load of fake credits").

Personally though I hope they would notice what people are capable of on the MD with these hacks such as megamix and realise they should just make a Sonic 4 which has NO gimmicks and is plain and simple old style sonic, even as a wiiware title.

3. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    Apart from the in-level gimmicks. Otherwise, it'd be pretty plain. :3

4. doc eggfan

doc eggfan

Are you pondering what I'm pondering? Wiki Sysop
    ACT
    GreatMegaLD, GreatSC3k, Great SG1k
    It would be an interesting legal conundrum. I believe there was a similar case with Id and some commercially released Doom wads/mods. The modders retained the legal rights and profits from the sale of the mods, I think, if I remember correctly.

5. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    This is not so similar, actually. ID software not only knew, they even encouraged the usage of custom WAD files, there were several editors available. Most of them also used custom textures, retaining very few from the original Doom objects. We're working on a disassembly of copyrighted material here instead. It's a lot different.

6. roxahris

roxahris

Everyone's a hypocrite. Take my word for it. Member
    Doing anything at all
    How would you know?
    I'm pretty sure even SEGA acknowledges that Sonic 06 was a failure.

7. Slingerland

Slingerland

Oldbie
    Hechoeg Frat
    Sonic Mania
    Because DW was correcting a typo.
    omg

Oh yeah, and, like...legal headaches and shit.

8. Claxon

Claxon

*waves*

(though to be honest I'm not terribly active here)

9. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
  10. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
  11. Compsense

Compsense

NC, USA
    some dance album or summat
    Really? I never even considered the idea, but it's good to know they (he) is really paying attention, even better to know he usually agrees.

Seriously...? Are you really somehow affiliated with Sega, or were you just joking and I missed it?

If so, ..HEY! *waves back* Please, if you have any influence or power, a Dr. Robotnik (or Eggman, whichever you prefer) game would be awesome. My idea would be taking (one of) the classic games and just "reversing" them, where you're Dr. Robotnik and trying to stop Sonic, but there are of course almost endless possibilities, considering there hasn't really ever been an actual Eggman game. The closest, as far as I can remember, was that you could play as Dr. Eggman in parts of the SA2 dark story but I think that's the most of it. If you both (1) have some sort of influence or power and (2) are interested in such an idea, great! If not, well then let's hope I don't end up getting in legal trouble for my own fangame..

If not, you owe me for the two beats my heart just missed :)

12. Claxon

Claxon

Not any more I'm affraid. I was one of the programmers on Sonic mobile parts 1 & 2. These days I'm working with Namco instead working on many unique and original games ( PAC-MAN, Ms. PAC-MAN, Super PAC-MAN, PAC-MANIA.... the list is endless). I miss the days of good old Sonic.

*starts muttering about the good old days*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.