don't click here

Zone 01 : "The Mandatory Green Level"

Discussion in 'Project: Sonic Retro (Archive)' started by Retro_Stew, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    No comment...

Anyway, It's been only one day that the project is moved here, and there already are a lot of conflicts.
    I'm sorry but Rika is one of the best contributors so far, and I absolutely don't want him to leave. Plus, I agree with him. The art style has more or less already been decided. The tropical zone is the only one nearly finished, and you guys already want to change it.

Maybe it wasn't a good idea to move here.

2. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Are you joking? It was an excellent idea to move here. You're getting more great ideas, contributions, and creative direction than you've had in one day on your own. The fact of the matter is, this is a community project, and in your ego you have consistently denied that aspect to people. The mockups I've seen in the past couple of days are excellent, and the creative juices are really flowing. Instead of whining about that, how about you embrace it?

Rika is not an irrefutable pixel god—no single person should be relied on when it comes to the bulk of the art contribution to this project. You've got the support of an entire community of seasoned professionals. I mentioned before that you were a bad leader because of thoughts like that. If you can possibly think that the things we've been doing were bad ideas, then you shouldn't be able to lead a Sonic game in the first place and I will gladly take your place.

We finally have the chance to make something great here. I think you need to stop being so shallow and start being a lot more open to what other people think, and not just yourself.

3. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    I think it's more the fact that a lot of people are saying things suck without actually contributing anything to the project, meaning it slows development and doesn't improve anything. I think we will be in trouble if stuff keeps getting reworked again and again.

4. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    One does not have to be a cook to know that the broth is spoiled. Tell the cook what's wrong with it, and maybe he can fix it! ;)

I disagree—I think that refinement only makes things better! The benefit of this project, of course, the ability to work on practically everything at once, depending on who's covering what aspect of the project.

Of course, we had this conversation on MSN just a few minutes ago, so you should know my stance on things. Jan Abaza for project coordinator! :)

5. And Rika's art, to the uninformed eye, looks like he just redrew Palmtree Panic with an octagon patten and some incredibly thick grass.

I'm personally digging that "best of both worlds" idea that PC2 came up with. Neatenit up a bit and we have a winner.

6. Matwek

Matwek

I think the main problem is the lack of knowledge of what went on on the other 'sonic 4' forum, new people seem to be having trouble distinguishing between what was simply just concept art and what was being considered as final, that coupled with going over everything again means we're bound to get a slow start.
    Hopefully when the transition period is over and everyones up to speed on things we'll start to make some progress.

7. I'd say the biggest problem is people from the old forums seem to be fixated on keeping what we already have. Change was inevitable with the switchover.

8. Matwek

Matwek

I wouldn't say there's any need to blame a specific group of people, the old people are obviously anxious about keeping their own work in which is understandable in the same way that its expected that new people will want to contribute.
    As far as im concerned its a group project, therefor a group problem

9. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
  10. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

France
    Twitch channel
    Yeah, that's what we had in mind when Rika and I made this object

11. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
  12. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    Falling onto those things from above should send the player spinning around them at a speed equal to the descent. Similar for being launched into them from below. Sort of like, Sonic hits them with his feet and keeps running. That would be cool.

13. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    I think I did a bad job of expressing my opinion. I like Rika's stuff, but it lacks color depth. I think it would be a good idea to take the shading style from that mockup and apply it to the existing art, as PC2 did.

14. Mobiethian

Mobiethian

Oldbie
    I didn't think you guys were accepting any new crew members. At one point, I requested to join but I got no response. This is disappointing. :(

15. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

France
    Twitch channel
    Yeah but this is more disapointing to see that you're requesting to be in every fan game team.

16. PC2

PC2

GenMobile > 3DS Member
    Various Artwork & Music, :smug:
    Getting there...?
    [​IMG]
    :(

17. Mobiethian

Mobiethian

Oldbie
    Ummm... NO... this was before I joined Sonic 4, and as I can remember there was no other fan game that I "requested to join"... .. . :rolleyes:

18. Matwek

Matwek

19. CyclopsCaveman

CyclopsCaveman

Crawled out of a fan. Member
  20. DimensionWarped

DimensionWarped

Erinaceous! Oldbie
    Don't know much about that. Everyone who has asked Brad directly has got a response of some kind or another and the only reason I can think of for getting no response at all would be if either Brad or myself didn't get the message... But if you'd like to continue on that line of thought, we'll have to take it to PMs. I don't want to derail the thread.