don't click here

Comprehensive Genesis programming guide?

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Dr. Kylstein, Nov 8, 2008.

1. Dr. Kylstein

Dr. Kylstein

I already understand assembly and C. I have read all the Hacking Cult articles and some of things at Eidolon's and Zophar's, but it all seems rather terse and opaque, and I can't seem to put it together. I want to know what I need to do (in words, not under-commented code and obtuse charts) to start everything up and to do video and audio. An explanation of all the different video options would be helpful after that.
    One thing that really bugs me about Nemesis's code template is the pre-assembled z80 code with no explanation of what it really does. I intend to use the Macro Assembler to assemble the code for both processors. (Is there a trick to that I should know, or is the CPU XXXX directive enough?)

2. Mairtrus

Mairtrus

Get a load of this!! Tech Member
    Mendoza, Argentina
    Sonic Z. The Z DOESN'T means nothing.
  3. TmEE

TmEE

Master of OPL3-SA2/3 Tech Member
    Estonia, Rapla City
    T-04YBSC-A !
    at one point I was actually writing a complete MD programming doc, but I never got past explaining MOVE...

4. Dr. Kylstein

Dr. Kylstein

Perhaps you could just make a guide that assumes the reader already knows M68000 and Z80 assembly? They're already well-documented.

P.S.: Thanks Mairtrus, the darkdust.net one was close to what I needed. It's still a little "voodoo" though.

5. RamiroR

RamiroR

I don't think so, it should be a guide that brings EVERYTHING, because there're people that doesn't know some assembly things...

Anyway, Dr. Kylstien, you could go to Hacking Cult, that's where I learnt ASM (well, I never finished to learn it).

Also, somewhere there is SEGA Genesis/Megadrive over there.. I don't remember how it's called...
    just google it :rolleyes: