don't click here

If you could ask Naka one question

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by biggestsonicfan, Oct 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roxahris

roxahris

Everyone's a hypocrite. Take my word for it. Member
    Doing anything at all
    :(
    But how do we know Mr. Naka or whoever thought of him/her intended Tails to be a girl or boy? The way you've presented it, it seems like a perfectly valid question to me.

2. DimensionWarped

DimensionWarped

Erinaceous! Oldbie
    I wouldn't care to ask Naka anything. I think he was a programmer with a swollen ego and thats about all I'll give him.

Put me in contact with Oshima or Yasuhara and I'd have a plethora of curiosity. Unfortunately, I missed the Yasuhara interview here... kick myself frequently for that one.

3. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    Er, it was only the two questions already known really so you aren't missing much. And the second question was only because the first answer was that Dust Hill wasn't Mystic Cave, but not explicitly that it was the desert zone (it could have been something completely different). That's it.

4. Here, let me ask all the joke questions on everyone's minds:

"Why?"

"How can you sleep at night?"

"Does Mrs. Naka know you're gay for Sonic?"

"Sonic '06, man. Wtf?"

"Lol wanna go steady?"

"Are you Shigeru Miyamoto?"

"Are you Jackie Chan?"

"Aren't you the lead singer of Dreams Come True?"

"Where'd you get that slick race car?"

"Why'd you get that stupid race car?"

"Are you happy with the way children look up to your creation?"

"Are you happy with the way grown fucking men look up to your creation?"

"Aren't you Mario?"

"What's the average wing velocity of an african swallow?"

"What's the deal with Big the cat?" Oh wait, that's a legitimate question.

"If Silver's from the future and he's a hedgehog does that mean Amy and Sonic do the dirty deed and produce offspring?"

------------------------------------

Alright, legitimate question time.

I'd ask about his creative process when coming about to the Sonic Adventure series. Why include humans in the world, why switch to such a more serious tone, are you happy with the character's switch in attitude, and are you proud of what he's become?

Naka's a great man for his feats in the past, and I'd certainly be humbled in his presence. I couldn't fault him for his mistakes when looking at all he's done.

5. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    I'd ask if he facepalmed as much as me during that horrific moment in Sonic 06's ending scenes. Seriously, I do want to know what possessed them to do it.

6. TheBarAdmin

TheBarAdmin

7. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    Why wasn't Knuckles given the ability to glide in the 2p stages of Sonic3&K?

8. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Because they probably hadn't worked out his special moves at that point (they first appeared in Sonic 3) and to not give an unbalanced gameplay. Same reason Tails can't fly in it.

9. Sanqui

Sanqui

Random nobody Member
    Czechia
    :)
    Actually, Tails can fly in the 2P zones.

Wait what? Did I really waste a trial post for this?

10. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    OK, fair enough. Been a while since I've played it.

I stick to my point of Knuckles' moves having not been implimented yet though =P

11. Sik

Sik

being an asshole =P
    Probably the answer is "time constraints". Anyways, that'd be pretty much for the sake of completeness because flying as Tails normally slows you down in the race. And I guess that gliding with Knuckles would do the same.

Also, I think there was some code of it in the game actually. I recall somebody at SoST saying the code accidentally triggered on the real hardware. One of those weird 68k errors that happens once every one billion times due to external noise (unless you're using Fusion, where they're quite common) and that trigger code that shouldn't have been triggered. So not sure =P

12. Jonny Axehandle

Jonny Axehandle

Man and machine and nothing there in between Oldbie
    Either "Yo wazzzzzzzzup?" or something related to game design in general. "What game was the most fun to make?", "What got you into game design?", or simply "When the FUCK is Prope going to actually DO SOMETHING?"

Last option most likely. I'd ask something Sonic related but most of the interviews the scene has got over the years are filled with several "I don't remember" answers.

13. setz

setz

Oldbie
    I would ask him what color panties hes wearing.

14. saxman

saxman

Oldbie Tech Member
    I think likely Knuckles couldn't glide because they didn't want people to know he could do that. Sonic & Knuckles introduced Knuckles and touted how he had his own moves. Imagine if he could do those moves in 2P in Sonic 3. People would already know about them, and so it would diminish the significance of them.

15. SteelBrush

SteelBrush

603e Member
    the home of spotted dick, Devon
    Tramadol, Tamazepam and finding a reason to exist.
    It seems to be forgotten that Sonic was originally supposed to rescue a HUMAN FEMALE in the first concept art, there are even pictures of Sonic having been kissed by this woman. It wasn't a new idea for 06, just a poorly thought-out concept that should have been left at that.

Note:will find pics

16. DimensionWarped

DimensionWarped

Erinaceous! Oldbie
    Thats why it's a bad thing that I missed it. No one around at the time seemed to know what questions are worth asking. I wanted to know more about the process behind his level designs and how he worked with the programmers and other stuff like that. I don't care about all that prototype bullshit.

17. Sik

Sik

being an asshole =P
    Here are the pics:
    http://info.sonicretro.org/Game_Developmen...16-bit)#Madonna

18. tech3475

tech3475

I would have though that was because they were in direct competition with Mario at the time, who as we know rescues a damsall in distress.

I am glad they had the common sense to go with the plot they did go with.

19. Sik

Sik

being an asshole =P
    Nah, that was the most generic storyline in most games of the time to be fair. Most of them had a "hero rescues girl" storyline, Mario being one of them =P

20. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    From nintendo at least. Specifically Shigeru Miyamoto. Donkey Kong, Super Mario Bros, Zelda...

I can't really think of many sega games with that story line. Wonder Boy I had you rescuing your sister, but Wonder Boy in Monster World had you freeing the land. Wonder Boy III had you finding a potion to cure yourself. Space Harrier was about saving the fantasy zone, and Space Harrier 3D was about saving a prince. Fantasy Zone had you fighting in a war and killing your dad. Zillion had you saving your crewmates, and one was female, but that wasn't the main plot. Phantasy Star had you playing as the female, and avenging your brother's death.

Hmmm....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.