don't click here

General Project Thread & Feedback

Discussion in 'Sonic 2 HD (Archive)' started by Vangar, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. <!--quoteo(post=226806:date=Sep 19 2008, 09:57 AM:name=Vincent)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Vincent @ Sep 19 2008, 09:57 AM) [​IMG]

BLACK AND WHITE VERSION
    [​IMG]

2. Vincent

Vincent

Sonic 2HD - Project Leader & Chara Member
    Sonic 2 HD
    Thanks for posting it. :(

Corrections:

-Linework needs much uniformity trough reshaping all the lines. (There are many trembling lines, while others are perfect shapes)
    -Try getting all the shapes right referring to the original 4X image and the original artworks
    -We are not limited to 256 colors anymore, you can add ALOT of shades more! :D
    Try looking at SJ's Tails for reference.

3. I'm fixing it up now. The only thing is that instead of re-tracing over the old sprites I started a new and a re drew them out by hand. There are little things I changed like tails is tilting his head further up now. But I will but more shading in this time around. :)

4. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I suggest tracing the original sprites, instead. It will just look more faithful that way.

5. Athelstone

Athelstone

Oldbie
    Sonic Warrior is already doing a great job on the ending frames.

[​IMG]

Feel free to try and top it though if you like :(

6. P.P.A.

P.P.A.

SONIC 2 SUCKS, SONIC CD FOREVER Member
    Germany
    Sonic MD (Currently: Art for Zone 3)
    imo the only Sonic game worth HDing is Sonic 1, it has a lot of potential. Sonic CD and Sonic 3 & Knuckles already look perfect as they are and would probably only end up looking worse. And Sonic 2 isn't a good choice either because the original game had such and uninspired art direction that it looks bland regardless of the resolution. Sonic 1 however has imperfect art but a lot of style, I could see it looking pretty damn awesome in HD.

7. Canned Karma

Canned Karma

S2HD Project Manager Member
    Sonic 2 HD, various 3D work
    Wouldn't you agree that saying that is nothing less than a complete waste of time now? There are many talented people working hard on S2HD, and posts like that do nothing but insult their effort.

I agree that Sonic 1 would be a good candidate. However - other games may be considered for the HD treatment, but this is something that won't even be given thought until the current project is finished.

8. Vincent

Vincent

Sonic 2 HD
    I'm about to release the first Adobe Illustrator "Drawing in HD" tutorial.

I will make a dedicated topic for it, where I will do my best to answer all your questions! :(
    It's really time consuming to do these tutorials, but I wanted to invest my time in it, because Illustrator IS the easiest and powerful tool in remastering Character and Level Art in HD graphics.
    As you may know, using the same file formats is incredibly beneficial to Teamwork, speed and results.

I hope you'll enjoy these lessons and join me in remastering Characters! :D

9. Canned Karma

Canned Karma

And we're still waiting :)

10. Vincent

Vincent

Sonic 2 HD
    Actually It's already completed.

Problem is compressing the avi to be less than 50megs without looking crap.
    I'm trying different video codecs for this purpose.

Anyway, this evening it will be online!

"Warm-up" your Illustrator CS2 guys! :v:

11. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Just wondering, does it have any advantages over CS3?

12. Lyrica

Lyrica

(Formerly: Donnyku) Oldbie
    Pennsylvania
    Wedding Planning
    yeah, I got access to CS3, and I was wondering the smae

13. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    CS2 is the older version that works with Windows Server versions. CS3 wants Vista (or was it Photoshop CS3? Doesn't matter). Usually a new version doesn't give much when it comes to Illustrator. So no worries :v:

14. Vincent

Vincent

Sonic 2 HD
    CS2 Is much "lighter" and have an overall "easier" interface.

I STRONGLY suggest everyone to use CS2, mainly due I will be able to follow your questions much better! :v:
    It will be like following a new class with slight different books.

Besides this, main functions are the same on CS3, so you may have no big problems following the lessons either.

Ok!
    A few hours, than it's online.

15. Elratauru

Elratauru

Little Shiny Emurralds Member
    ...Yeah, CS2 is lighter, but I don't know if it has a easier interface, adobe use to make the interface better and better each version... but ... CS, CS2 and CS3 is the same as Photoshop 7 with a few things...I used 7 a long time, when I upgrade to CS and CS2 it was the same, I moved to CS3... 6 months ago, and I get used to instantly.

By the way, no version of Adobe Creative Suite 3 (Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, etc) needs Windows Vista, Im using XP Sp3 and it works perfectly.

Im against you about using CS2, I know CS3 pen tool path is slightly is easier to see, in CS3 you can dock windows at the borders of the screen... And Im sure CS3 also uses the graphic card to process graphics instead of using only the CPU... CS3 is best for people with a medium and high-end computers.

16. Canned Karma

Canned Karma

I use the Master Collection of CS3 and I can agree with what Elratauru said. One exception - it's not so much your CPU or GPU, but your RAM. If you run Photoshop or Illustrator CS3 and try to run anything in the background without having 2gb or more onboard, well... good luck.

17. RamiroR

RamiroR

Well, don't really like Sonic 2, but I think this project it's amazing.

BTW, I'll be possible Super Sonic?

18. Vincent

Vincent

Sonic 2 HD
    Of COURSE. :objection:

And it won't be the only "Super Form" in the game.

19. roxahris

roxahris

Everyone's a hypocrite. Take my word for it. Member
    Doing anything at all
    I thought we were waiting until all was done to add in new features?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.