don't click here

"Impossible" screenshots

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Muzozavr, Sep 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I always thought that impossible screens are an awesome idea. So basically, this is a game that goes like this:
    You post a Sonic screenshot (ANY Sonic screenshot) that seems utterly impossible to reach without hacking or debug mode, but WAS actually reached without them.
    The objective of the others is to find out how that screenshot was made. The one who guesses first will post his own "impossible screenshot". If a long time passes and nobody can figure it out, you can post hints or give it away and post a new one.
    No debug/hacking, please. Indicate the game and whether it's a final or a beta in the post. If you want to use a screenshot from a hack, please indicate what hack it is.
    And of course, no Photoshop/Paint/whatever. :rolleyes:

I'll start off with a screenshot of Knuckles in Sonic 2, final version:
    [​IMG]

How did I get out? ;)

2. Wetflame

Wetflame

:D Banned
    These were called "Fake Hoaxes" back in my day.

*Grumbles*

3. Travelsonic

Travelsonic

Those were the days... back when I lurked a great deal and didn't post, but still enjoyable.

4. Galaxia

Galaxia

Manchester, England
    degloving infants
    So essentially exploits of the game engine via odd glitches? I wish I could recreate this one, but I remember turning the flickies in the carrier at the end of ARZ into little puffs of glitched smoke. If I can recreate it again, I'll post it, I never got a screenshot of it.

5. tech3475

tech3475

there will be alot of sonic 3 shots. Sega even put them in the manual as robotniks traps!

6. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Pretty sure these are called "Tech Hoaxes," and don't we have a forum for them?

Unless you mean literally taking emulator screenshots based on exploiting glitches or something, but then that's kind of stupid and pointless. Whatever, I'm out of this one.

7. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    Yeah, he means exploiting glitches, taking a screenshot and post it for people to guess it =P

About that screenshot, yeah, I know there's a glitch to do that but I don't remember what. Just don't tell me it was getting hurt by one of those platforms while standing right next to the lasers.

I'm gonna see if I can try getting Knuckles into Sonic's subboss of Angel Island 1. It's horribly hard, I only did it once. Whatever =P

8. Yeah, glitch galore. Not hoaxing the images themselves. And if you can get an impossible looking situation WITHOUT glitches... hell do it.
    I remember getting Knuckles into Sonic's section of the level on Mushroom Hill 1 when trying to do a no ring run. Couldn't do again though.

I kinda like the idea of figuring out glitches, and such a topic can make you better on finding different tricks.

9. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    The "Find that tile" game is funnier than this.

10. Sik

Sik

being an asshole =P
    What I've done actually was without glitching. But I'm not gonna say exactly why it can be done because otherwise it'd be ruined if I manage to do it again and post it here.

11. Uberham

Uberham

King Of Oblivion Member
  12. What do you mean by "screen wrap"? It can't be the vertical wrap bug, because Wing Fortress doesn't loop vertically.

As a hint: this is ONLY possible with Knuckles. Not with Sonic nor with Tails.

13. Soselocke

Soselocke

MEEP MEEP MEEP Banned
    Glide and cling to the top laser emitter and then fall through the laser pillar?

14. Sik

Sik

being an asshole =P
    OK, I got angry so I decided to go myself there to see how to do it. But I forgotten the level select cheat so I had to go through the entire game >_> But then I found myself in another "impossible" situation in the Oil Ocean boss. Dammit, why do we have to guess to post a screenshot? D=

15. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    19 65 09 17

How can you have forgotten this? I've had that code to memory for 15 years =P

16. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Not with Sonic & Knuckles...

17. LazloPsylus

LazloPsylus

Buried under SSRG Somewhere Tech Member
    Academy City
    SSRG, world domination, a billion and one research projects...
    I believe the level select cheat for Knuckles in Sonic 2 is Up, Up, Up, Down, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, A+Start.

18. Sik

Sik

being an asshole =P
    Because the level select cheat for Knuckles in Sonic 2 is completely different that for stand-alone Sonic 2 =P

EDIT: argh, missed page 2 >_>

19. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    No they were called "Weird Yet True Screenshots" =D

20. OK, Sik, if you're so angry, I may change the rules so that guessing the previous screenshot is not mandatory.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.