don't click here

General Project Screenshot/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Chimpo

Chimpo

Why is Tekken 6 afraid of Tekken 7? Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    Return to Origin and Bouncy Edition were fun because it was a new twist to an old game.

Oergomized and SoniNeko suck though. Might as well play the original.

A newly designed level is nice and all, but Jesus, playing through the same landscape gets old after a while.

2. STE

STE

New MZ Pallete:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. GasparXR

GasparXR

I'm back! Member
  4. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Sonic 65

Sonic 65

Tech Member
  6. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
  7. STE

STE

8. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    It's actually just that frame of animation in the lava really that doesn't look too good, but I have separated the shading a bit more anyway.

9. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Oh, I edited a pallete, that's a first for me.
    [​IMG]
    I fucking suck though. :words:

10. Flare

Flare

11. xdaniel

xdaniel

(now using this general thread instead of the one I've opened up before until I've got a good demo of the hack with multiple zones and stuff done)

[​IMG]

Couldn't get the background layout to port over correctly (doesn't matter, will try to replace it with something else anyway), there might be some bugs in the collision (had some earlier but haven't had any since), etc.

BUT it's Hidden Palace Zone in S2's Final, including correct graphics, animation and even the Dinobot! ...not that this means I've got any useful 68000 ASM knowledge now or that this is even interesting, I was just kinda lucky with "S2B to S2 disassembly" copypasta and editing the stuff a bit to make it work, I'd say.

And no, I'm not going for the Xth port of HPZ for my hack, just for its foreground graphics, music and likely badniks - I'm planning to make it somewhat more original :P

12. Blanche Hodapp

Blanche Hodapp

*urp* Eternal Queen
    <!--quoteo(post=219678:date=Aug 26 2008, 08:40 PM:name=Flare)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Flare @ Aug 26 2008, 08:40 PM) [​IMG]

[​IMG][/quote]

The Marble Zone art is pillow shaded which doesn't look too good, it needs a lightsource. If you don't mind:
    [​IMG][/quote]
    While I prefer the shading on your version of the blocks, I'm not certain the shine effect on certain ones works too well. It makes the level look like some are made from stone while others are some other, reflective substance.

I do, however, like the shine on those blocks in question, but rather than mixing and matching two different kinds of block in the same level, it might work to have one level use the plain, while another uses the shinier versions.

(This, of course, would be assuming you were making the hack yourself, which obviously you are not, or if the creator of the hack were willing to use your designs)

13. Aquifer

Aquifer

[​IMG]

New art in progress for my new unnamed Sonic 1 hack. :v:
    Also, how's the palette? :o

14. GasparXR

GasparXR

I'm back! Member
  15. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    [​IMG]

New spring art and initial spring jump sprite. (Edited from the original one I had)
    Oh, and new motobug art.

16. Upthorn

Upthorn

TAS Tech Member
  17. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Eh... I'm not so sure, in this case. The two types of blocks aren't even the same color, so you've got these shiny blocks that look entirely out of place. There could be more variety, yes, but there also needs to be uniformity—the two kinds of blocks don't have that.

18. GasparXR

GasparXR

I'm back! Member
    I made a small art edit of GHZ:

View attachment 2363

I think it looks good for someone who isn't amazing at digital art. *prepares for criticism*

19. New badnik. Its called a Rustbot.

Look at attachment for more.

20. GasparXR

GasparXR

I'm back! Member
    Looks like you made some small changes to Crabmeat, and that's it. =\

Good edit though. Try creating one from scratch, or make heavier changes to an existing one next time, though, you'll get better results.