don't click here

Dr. Eggman: Nuts and Bolts

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Solid SOAP, Aug 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    I'm pretty pumped about Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts, and so should all of you. The first Banjo game in 8 years, plus it has a wicked awesome vehicle editor where you can make your own wacky contraptions. But wait a minute, wacky contraptions? Who else makes wacky contraptions? Everyone's favorite doctor, Dr. Eggman. I've been thinking about it, if a Dr. Eggman game were to be made, Nuts and Bolts' concept would be perfect for it. Not a silly puzzle game or something, but a game where you actually control Dr. Eggman and his vehicles. It would be absolutely perfect for the doctor too, since you can pretty much make ANYTHING, maybe even some classic Robotnik vehicles even?

You'd be able to choose from lots of parts, some even taken from previous Eggman-contraptions. Egg-walker legs, missle-firing guns, drills, wheels, etc. Everything you'd need to make a vehicle worthy of being piloted by the infamous doctor. Maybe instead of completing challenges like in Rare's 'Nuts and Bolts', you'd try to hinder Sonic and his friends in some way? Perhaps the game would just be about finding the Chaos Emeralds? Who knows, but if it were made, it'd be awesome.

Does anyone else agree with me that a Robotnik vehicle creating platformer like Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts would be awesome? Sadly, if it ever happened it probably wouldn't be handled as well as Rare's game. But still, I can dream right? Dr. Eggman fans discuss here what you'd like to see in a 'Nuts and Bolts' type Robotnik game, or just an Eggman game in general they'd like to see happen.

2. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Or maybe a Shadow game? *shot*

3. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    I want the ability to run through the Death Egg....naked.

4. PC2

PC2

GenMobile > 3DS Member
    Various Artwork & Music, :smug:
    Would be fun. As bad guys, they could use concepts from the Sonic 1 proto:
    [​IMG]
    The dude in the background would be the main villain, and you could play as Bee Eggman and possibly some other variations as him in the game. =P Making both oldschool and newage badniks is a cool concept for a game. I think oldschool Eggman's character design would fit perfectly in something like this, and Nega could be somewhere in the game as well. Still, it would never happen, and even if it did, I think it's better off Banjo-style... The Sonic series tries too hard to be serious. :\

5. Flare

Flare

An eggman game would have been better than a Shadow game because really Shadow plays so simularlly to Sonic.

I did like seeing Eggman's story in SA2, so I don't see why there couldn't be a game from Eggman's point of view.

6. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    Off topic but Flare, I fucking love your sig - have you made a wallpaper or something like that, or could you?

7. Flare

Flare

Still of topic :words: - Yeah no doubt when it is finished (not long now thank god) it will become a wallpaper.

8. Squints

Squints

All souped-up. And DESECRATED! Member
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    RIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACERRRRRRRRRRRR
    I think this is actually a great idea. It would be like Eggman gameplay in SA2 but with customization. In fact, something like Nuts and Bolts would be a great title if it weren't already taken.

9. Hybrid Project Alpha

Hybrid Project Alpha

It's what's for dinner Oldbie
    Douglas, NB
    Getting a life
    Would he be evil and inevitably lose in the end, or will he suddenly turn good at the last minute and join up with Sonic to defeat a greater evil like they have been doing for the past like 10 years

10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    No he'd win and it would pull a Super Mario Bros 2 on him

11. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    o_O

Or there would be a new character rivalling Eggman. Who knows, maybe a battle between two evil doctors?

12. GasparXR

GasparXR

I'm back! Member
    That would be win.

It's a great idea, but I doubt Sonic Team will pull it off right.

13. Sakura Courage Solo

Sakura Courage Solo

I am a Woodpecker! Except in Dirt! Member
    Lava Reef Zone
    A Sprite-Based Dollmaker and a Card Game
    Hm, I've never played any Banjo-Kazooie games... *dodges a thrown rock* ... but I have to concur that the thought of a Robotnik-based game would be really fun and interesting if done right. All the previous suggestions are excellent, but might I suggest making between-level mini games of levels from Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine?

14. Hybrid Project Alpha

Hybrid Project Alpha

Douglas, NB
    Getting a life
    I was never good at the whole Puyo thing. The comps were too hard :words:

15. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
  16. Hybrid Project Alpha

Hybrid Project Alpha

Douglas, NB
    Getting a life
    Eggman The Eggman

17. PC2

PC2

GenMobile > 3DS Member
    Various Artwork & Music, :smug:
    I DEMAND A COMMUNITY PROJECT

Welcome to 3 years ago, enjoy your stay... :(

18. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Actually, I really like "I AM THE EGGMAN" or maybe "YOU ARE THE EGGMAN", as the latter carries less of a risk of an infringement suit.

19. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Robotnik the Human?

=P

20. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Robotnik the Eggman. =P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.