don't click here

Mr. Needlemouse

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by MKAmeX, May 10, 2008.

1. MKAmeX

MKAmeX

California
    Needlemouse, Sonic Boom, Graphic Design
    I was actually planning on doing that. =P

No way, Chimpo wins in art by far.

There never really was any indication of the level order when those early mockup pics of green hill were originally shown, I'm sure. But there's only 7 levels in total, final being the last and SYZ will be first. I figured I'd change it to something like this:

SYZ > MZ > LZ > GHZ > SLZ > SBZ > Final

I'm trying my best to make the levels as challenging as they can be, but without being cheap. Hopefully it works out. =P

My vision was to make a game with what could have been before Sonic's final design was chosen. Since green hill is the only level we know of that early, it's the only one that's staying with the same name.

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Question. Any plans on making regular Sonic a separate character (I don't feel like playing as Mr. Needlemouse he looks so strange).

Other than that everything is fantastic sir. Can't wait to see this finished.

3. MKAmeX

MKAmeX

California
    Actually, I have. I was using sonic65's guide on multiple characters, but the only problem is making them load separate mappings. I have no clue how to do it.

4. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    well, that GHZ pic was one of the first sonic pics released.. So I would think it's the first level that was made.

5. MKAmeX

MKAmeX

California
    True, but you never know. Plus, I get tired of GHZ being the first level.

Also, they even said GHZ was the last one to be finished. *shot*

6. P.P.A.

P.P.A.

SONIC 2 SUCKS, SONIC CD FOREVER Member
    Germany
    Sonic MD (Currently: Art for Zone 3)
    Didn't they say in some interview that Spring Yard Zone was the first Zone being worked on/finished?

7. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    Well, I remember they said GHZ was redesigned 3 or so time, so I guess it would be one of the last levels completed.

8. To say I came buckets would be an understatement. >_>

9. Chimpo

Chimpo

Why is Tekken 6 afraid of Tekken 7? Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    Wouldn't that ruin the point?

10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    In some sense yes, but you still have all the other art, the layouts, and probably other new stuff as well to make the hack a new experiance.

11. DDRKhat

DDRKhat

Keep on runnin' to the finish! Member
    Mr. Needlemouse . Sonic version.

;)

12. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

Retro 80's themed Twitch streamer ( on hiatus) Member
    If he were to do that, though... He might as well rename the hack Sonic 1 and revert all his work.
    This is Mr. Needlemouse NOT Sonic. =P

13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Doesn't mean Sonic can't be a character though. Mr. Needlemouse is still the main character.

14. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    I think his Mr. Needlemouse looks funny. No need for Sonic in this hack since that's not part of his concept.

15. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

Retro 80's themed Twitch streamer ( on hiatus) Member
    I totally agree. Although, this is all up to MKAmeX...

16. MKAmeX

MKAmeX

California
    When I first started, I was gonna add Sonic to test if I could add another character. Clearly I failed at that so I dropped it. I was going to replace Sonic later with an even more idiotic looking character if anyone took the time trying to find out what pressing C does on the title screen. =P But that was about a week after I posted my hack. So Really, it's just Mr. Needlemouse.

17. 87th

87th

FOX HOUNDER Member
    I'd like to see a fairly pointless character added, if you're planning to do one. Like Mr Needlemouse with a hat, or on a bicycle or something.

18. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    If you people want "Sonic" so bad, maybe MKAmeX could consider this.

19. Flare

Flare

You should make people play as that American Wolf design, that will shut up all the Needlemouse haters, all one of you. :D

20. MKAmeX

MKAmeX

California
    I plan on putting that rabbit in the game, somewhere. =P

Also, it's a sloppy job, but whatever, here's something everyone might enjoy. Or you'll hate it... Doesn't matter to me. =P

DOWNLOAD

This is by no means final, everything was thrown together quickly, the mountains were just changed to see something different, because I got tired of the old colors. GHZ 2 has some broken tiles, half the layout is unchanged, and GHZ 3 is almost completely untouched. All the other levels? Try them out yourself. :)

Other known problems:

Buzzbomber is sorta broken, Some enemies are placed in cheap places, layouts aren't completely done, so they might not flow well.