don't click here

How many Sonic games have you actually beaten?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Mad Echidna, Jun 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    The ONLY Sonic game I've beaten 100% is Sonic Adventure, with all emblems and everything. I've completed the main game of Sonic 1, 2, 3, CD, SA2, Heroes, Shadow, etc but didn't get all the emeralds, emblems, A ranks, etc. Sonic 06 was the first Sonic game I didn't even bother completing. I beat Sonic and Shadow's story but I ended it there. Silver's fucking ball rolling puzzle was just ridiculous and frustrated me to no end.

2. Andeh

Andeh

Derp herp. Oldbie
    Sonic Adventure 2 - Got all A ranks with Sonic and Shadow. That's pretty much it, I find it damn near impossible to do the other characters with A ranks, and I'm terrified to even imagine an A in the Last stage.

3. Don't be afraid my friend, it is possible and I have done it.

4. I've done Sonic 1 with all emeralds (pretty simple, really). I've completed Sonic 2, but it's much harder to get all emeralds, though I am in the process of working through it again with the intent of getting them all. :P I think I'm around half-way through Sonic 2006. ...And that's about it.

5. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    Sonic 2, Sonic 3 and Knuckles (All characters, all emeralds, madness everywhere), Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog (All A ranks, beat Expert mode, missing a key or two and also want to get all 300+ paths), Sonic Battle, Sonic Advance, Sonic and the Seven Rings or whatever that nonsense is named, Sonic Rush (All emeralds), Sonic Rush Adventure (All that nonsense too), Tails Sky Patrol, Sonic CD, Sonic the Fighters, Sonic R, Sonic Mean Bean Machine

6. Yuzihax

Yuzihax

I don't post much, if ever. Member
    Sonic 2 (Including Knuckles in Sonic 2), Sonic Adventure, Sonic the Fighters, Sonic R, Dr. Robotniks Mean Bean Machine, and Sonic CD are totally completed.

Others like Sonic 1, Shadow, Sonic 3 and Knuckles etc. I've been too lazy to attempt beating totally.

7. Oh, does that count? In which case, I must add it to my list. :P

8. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    I never played Mean Bean Machine that much, I see it more like a black box I can rip good songs from :P
    I think I beat it at least once, but not with the highest difficulty.

I've been playing it against a friend for several hours straight (like, 4 or 5) when I visited him the last summer, though, and I ended up to win 300 to 298 or something like that. Good times.

9. Haha, it's one of my favourite games. The music is brilliant too, but I always got the best thrill from that mega-speed Dr. Robotnik 'battle' at the end. xD

10. Jeiku

Jeiku

I've barely completed any of the early games 100%. For starters, I've only beaten Sonic 1 and 2 without all Chaos Emeralds (I'm terrible at Special Stages generally, so I almost never bother with them), and I never completed S&K alone without them either. I did beat Knuckles in Sonic 2, Sonic 3, and its lock-on counterpart with all Chaos Emeralds, since the Special Stages there were pathetically easy (well, S&K's were too, but my reason for never completing it was out of laziness and lack of a save feature).

Post-1998 games are just as bare too; I've only got 125 emblems in Sonic Adventure since I never did bother with the Chao races, and while I did finish Sonic Heroes with all Chaos Emeralds, I couldn't even bother with doing all of the second missions, much less get A ranks on all levels. SA2, on the other hand, I've finished twice with all 180 emblems and all A rank (redundant, I know, but the DC version doesn't require you to get all A ranks for Cannon's Core, yet I did so anyway). I've finished all three Sonic Advance games 100%, I've beaten Sonic Battle via emulator, and I got all gold medals in Sonic Riders in a matter of a few days.

EDIT: Oh yeah, almost forgot. I've beaten the Japanese version of Sonic Shuffle with virtually all characters and mini-games unlocked, and of course Sonic R, which is perhaps one of the easiest Sonic games to 100% on.

11. Elratauru

Elratauru

Little Shiny Emurralds Member
    Well I completed:

On my Mega Drive:

Sonic 1 (with all Emeralds)
    Sonic 2 (With all emeralds too)
    Sonic 3 Alone (With all emeralds)
    Sonic & knuckles alone (With all emeralds)
    Sonic 3 & Knuckles (All emeralds...took me a lot to remember the S&K ones, with Sonic & Tails, Tails and Knuckles)
    Sonic Spinball (duh, you need the emeralds here xD)
    Sonic 3D blast (all emeralds)
    Dr. Robotnik Mean Bean Machin (Yeah, that clone of Puyo puyo xD, on hard)

On my Dreamcast:

Sonic Adventure 1 (I didnt got all emblems here)
    Sonic Adventure 2 (I got all emblems and unlocked Green hill)
    Sonic Shuffle (All things bought, all characters unlocked)

On my PC:

Sonic Adventure DX (didnt got all emblems here too)
    Sonic Heroes (All emeralds, the final battle again overlord was awesome)
    Sonic R (All emeralds)
    Sonic 3 & Knuckles (100% , From the sonic & garfield pack)

On my GameBoy Advance:

Sonic Advance 1 (Moon unlocked with Sonic)
    Sonic Advance 2 (not 100%)
    Sonic Advance 3 (The final battle with super sonic and Eggman was awesome)
    Sonic Pinball Party
    Sonic Battle

On Emulators in my pc:
    SegaSonic (Mame)
    Sonic Advance 1 (Visualboy Advance)
    Sonic Advance 2 (Visualboy Advance)
    Sonic Advance 3 (Visualboy Advance)
    Sonic 1 for Master System - Game Gear (don't remember the emu)
    Sonic 2 for Master System - Game Gear (don't remember the emu)

And I think that's all...

12. Tiberious

Tiberious

Yeah, I'm furry. Got a problem? Oldbie
    I've beaten, legitimately:

Sonic 1 (minus all emeralds)
    Sonic 2 (All emeralds)
    Sonic 3A (All Emeralds, Sonic Only)
    Sonic 3B (All Emeralds, both characters)
    Sonic 3AB (All Emeralds, All Characters)
    Sonic 3D (Yes, I sat through this painful game)
    Mean Bean Machine

Sonic CD (Good Ending via Transporters, not Time Stones)

Sonic 1 8-bit
    Sonic 2 8-bit (no all-emerald runs at the same time)

Sonic R (have saves with all character unlock combinations, like Eggman only, just hiddens, just Super Sonic, and everything else inbetween)

Sonic the Fighters (as Sonic, Nack, Eggman08, Honey, Metal, RocketMetal, EggBot)

Sonic Adventure (DC and GC, all emblems on DC, all challenges on GC)
    Sonic Adventure 2 (DC only, only stories)
    Sonic Heroes (Story and Emeralds, most by Team Rose/Chaotix)

Sonic Advance 1 (All emeralds, and I agree fully with stage 7 being unforgiving)

With cheats and/or savestates:

Sonic 1 (all same-color emeralds)
    Sonic CD (All Time Stones; saved state before special stage)
    Sonic Adventure 2 (All Emblem save downloaded, 'cause that A-rank BS is... BS)
    Sonic Advance 2
    Sonic Heroes (Used Action Replay for some emblems)

I've yet to start really playing Sonic 3C (I'd use the latest prototype), but I'm sure I'd be able to beat it with everything. Blue Sphere isn't too difficult.

13. Jenna

Jenna

Yeah, I'm that sexy. Oldbie
    America
    level layouts, life
    Sonic 1, Sonic Adventure, Sonic Shuffle and Sonic Adventure 2.

Yeah, that's not a lot. Usually I'm just not able to keep my attention long enough to beat them without some sort of cheating or whatever.

14. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    Name it, I've beat it.

15. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    I don't think I've ever replied to this topic. Let's go!
    • Sonic 1 (all emeralds)
    • Sonic 2 (all emeralds)
    • Sonic 3 (all emeralds)
    • Sonic & Knuckles (not all emeralds, IIRC)
    • Sonic 3 & Knuckles (all characters with all emeralds)
    • Sonic Spinball (barely remember this...)
    • Sonic CD (all Time Stones; PC, GC, emulated Beta 920)
    • Sonic 1 GG (all emeralds, I think?)
    • Sonic Chaos (although I think I didn't get around to doing this for a while)
    • Sonic Triple Trouble (all emeralds)
    • Tails Adventure (such a damn fun game)
    • Knuckles Chaotix (all Chaos Rings)
    • Sonic 3D Blast (all Emeralds; PC, Saturn; never bothered with the Genny version)
    • Sonic R (all characters unlocked; US Saturn, EU PC, JP GC; too damn easy...)
    • Sonic Adventure (Last story cleared; could never be bothered with the Emblems)
    • Sonic Adventure 2 (Last story cleared; I've attempted several times for Green Hill, but having your save magically vanish on the game's menu twice, despite clearly being on the VMU, isn't terribly good incentive to keep going)
    • Sonic Advance (All emeralds, Moon cleared)
    • Sonic Advance 2 (Well... uh, I cleared Sonic's story? Never bothered to gain Extra, though)
    • Sonic Advance 3 (Again, cleared Final boss, but not Extra)
    • Sonic Rush (Extra Boss cleared)
    Quite a bit, actually. And as for the Sonic Team-related games:
    • NiGHTS (all As - seriously, this is piss easy)
    • Burning Rangers (as Tillis, I believe)
    And, uh... I guess that's it.

16. P.P.A.

P.P.A.

SONIC 2 SUCKS, SONIC CD FOREVER Member
    Germany
    Sonic MD (Currently: Art for Zone 3)
    Ok, now I also beat Sonic and the Secret Rings with all Chaos Em- err, World Rings.
    It was a painful process.

17. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Good news! I finally beat Sonic 2 last night legitimately. :words:

Turns out the final boss is actually piss easy; I had been scared shitless of the thing since I was 14 and never bothered to actually try and beat it. So I guess that's on my list now. :D

18. DistroyA

DistroyA

I WOD LICK A SONIC 2 ROMS Member
    Nottinghamshire, UK
    My own artwork
    Sonic the Hedgehog - All emeralds and completed
    Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - All emeralds and completed
    Sonic 3 - All emeralds (and perfects...) and completed
    Sonic 3 and Knuckles - All chaos AND super emeralds, all perfects, and completed
    Sonic 3D - All emeralds and completed
    Sonic Adventure DX - 100% completed minus all emblems
    Sonic Adventure 2 Battle - 100% completed minus all A ranks
    Sonic Heroes - 100% completed minus all A ranks
    Shadow the Hedgehog - All endings, but not all routes and minus A ranks
    Sonic Riders - 100% complete but one character to unlock
    Sonic Rivals - 100% complete and a few more cards to collect.

And I don't blame you Tweaker for fearing that last boss on Sonic 2. I was the same at one point, but I now find it in credibly easy if I play it safe. Plus the last emerald is a fucker to get, but it's so much relief when you do complete that last special stage.

[EDIT:] Forgot to add Sonic 06 - 100% complete minus all A ranks as well as Sonic CD - 100% complete, all time stones, everything unlocked

19. Jeiku

Jeiku

I had the same exact feeling for S&K's regular final boss, actually. It wasn't the mechanical fingers, or the huge-ass laser... but the Eggman-running-away-platform-crumbling part. Didn't bother me at first, but I was so freaking scared at that part, seeing as how the very first time I got there, I DIED when I hit Eggman the eighth time and my rebound caused me to slide off the platform. These days when I reach the boss, I take my time doing it out of fear of dying again after all that work.

I have another to add to my list. The other day, I played Sonic Rush for the first time. I beat the game completely with all Chaos Emeralds, but not with all S-ranks (seriously, fuck grading systems, especially with no reward in sight).

EDIT: Oh wait, I forgot to include these on my last post, so I'll just add them here: PC version of Sonic 3D: Flickies' Island with all Chaos Emeralds, Sonic CD (first with all Time Stones, and then with all Good Futures), Sonic Riders: Shooting Star Story with all characters unlocked and Extreme rank on all missions, and lastly, Chaotix (although I used savestates in order to collect all Chaos Rings, so you can say I only beat the main game). Yep.

20. voice

voice

Make any joke you want, you know I look good. Banned
    45mins west of Chicago
    RSN2.0, PHP:IRC (A attempt at CGI:IRC in PHP)
    S1, S2, SCD, SA, S06.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.