don't click here

Strange thing that's happened

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by FozzY2K, Dec 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FozzY2K

FozzY2K

Fozzcat Member
    I was playing Sonic 3 normally, just going through the level, I get 50 rings so I decide to become SuperSonic (as you do) and this happened:

[​IMG]

No debug mode or anything... Anyone have any idea what's happened?

2. Badass Cyborg

Badass Cyborg

TX
    It's a glitch. S3 is full of them.

3. FozzY2K

FozzY2K

Fozzcat Member
    Oh, ok, I know S3 is full of glitches, I just got confused when my Super Sonic looks like a deformed spring :wtf:

4. One time, The same thing happened to me with knuckles, And he became moving rings. Weird, huh?

5. Badass Cyborg

Badass Cyborg

TX
    Yeah, I know what ya mean. I've got some really screwed pics from S3. I should post 'em sometime. :D

6. Why not? To me, S3's QUITE glitchy.

7. Kampfer

Kampfer

Weird, I never get glitched super sonic or wierd colored super sonic.

You guys have all the fun!

8. Bleeding Cut

Bleeding Cut

Dr. Knuckles Member
    No, in Sonic 3 I never get any of the many glitches! :)

9. TechSonic

TechSonic

I know the glitches of STH3 all too well...

10. I have an error on my rom that makes Super Sonic brown/black.

11. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    That's the same thing that happened to me, it happens mainly when I use the Debug code, and while I go through Special Stage rings in the Mushroom Hill Zone.

12. There is a trick when you have debug mode on to create a similar effect. If I recall correctly, you switch into an object, then switch back after entering a special stage ring. What's supposed to happen is the player character uses the character's mappings, but the object's sprites.

13. superstarCSB

superstarCSB

snootch Member
    Lawrence, Kansas
    I probably should get back to work on my site someday...
    It's pretty cool when debug is on, and you push B+C I believe, and it will show all of the character's animations. A bug?

14. The buttons are B+C, and I don't think it's a bug. It probably had some use in showing different parts of the development teams the animations available for each character...or something...

15. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    Sonic 3 (Other than the graphics, which were great) is my least favorite sonic game because it is so crappy and full of glitches.

Quote:
    Yeah, I know what ya mean. I've got some really screwed pics from S3. I should post 'em sometime.

Go to http://sonicology.fateback.com and go to the glitches section. There are literally hundereds of those things from all the different games
    Well, almost all of them. :(

16. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    Some of those look like hoaxes. Look at the last page, the last shot. There is no data for a bidirectional monitor in the game.

17. Skaarg

Skaarg

:wtf: :wtf:

on the last page that 2nd pic that monitor is in the game u get it in debug mode.

18. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    Check Nemesis' page. There is no coding in the Sonic 2 beta for a monitor with two arrows pointing in either direction.

19. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    On my S3&K, sometimes, when I become Hyper Sonic, the screen glitches up real bad, and then, after I press start, it turns somehow into Sonic & Knuckles. :wtf: :shocked:

And XinuX is right - that's only in Son2 Final.

20. XFox Prower

XFox Prower

x86 Assembly, Tails Search Assistant
    Maybe there's a bad connection between the carts and it didn't detect Sonic 3 at some time? A similar thing happens to me occasionally. Back when I was doing Sonic 1 & Knuckles special stages, every so often, it would return to the NO WAY! screen and it wouldn't be in color. It would act as if Sonic 1 was a regular old cart rather than provide the features like passwords etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.