don't click here

Jun Senoue vs. Sonic Crackers

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Heran Bago, Mar 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
  2. Vlcice

Vlcice

Oldbie
    They mention "emulated prototypes.. on the Internet," so they almost certainly did get the information from the web.

3. roxahris

roxahris

Everyone's a hypocrite. Take my word for it. Member
    Doing anything at all
    I wonder why they said Xtreme sucked... especially when it looked that good. Well, not that those pictures were good ones, but as a whole it didn't suck. Still, I found Crackers/Chaotix fun too... bad taste, maybe.

4. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    Once again, if you found Chaotix to be really god, and other poeple didn't then you played a game you really like, and other played one they did not.

And that magazine article probably got their information from various websites in the Sonic Scene. Or Wikipedia.

5. hxc

hxc

spotteddove Researcher
    Xtreme did suck.

Nice work, Shade.

6. P.P.A.

P.P.A.

SONIC 2 SUCKS, SONIC CD FOREVER Member
    Germany
    Sonic MD (Currently: Art for Zone 3)
    Chaotix was awesome, it's my 3rd favourite of the MD games (after SCD and S1).

Also yeah, I doubt Xtreme would have been any good. It lacked any sense of speed, looked pretty ugly and overall seemed like a spherical Bug! (which was an awful game as well). At least from what we've seen of it.

7. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    Well, at least it would have been a spherical bug! without the rails, and without the 'holy crap, how floaty can this game be" problems.

P.P.A.: I didn't like Chaotix that much, I found the level to be too repetitive, but I didn't get very far, so maybe I just need to spend more time with it. And Espio is so much cooler in this game than he is in Sonic Heroes, he's a totally different character.

8. Yuzu

Yuzu

9. Alot of people who tried/saw it at E3 said it looked shitty. I've seen videos on youtube, and in all honesty, it looked as boring and slow as 3D Blast. I do, however agree with the Crackers bit; that game was fun in a bizarre kind of way.

P.S., that article is from EGM, isn't it?

10. Yuzu

Yuzu

Nope it's from the Official Dreamcast Magazine Issue #21 in the UK on the last page of the Sonic Adventure 2 review, last issue as well.

11. Hybrid Project Alpha

Hybrid Project Alpha

It's what's for dinner Oldbie
    Douglas, NB
    Getting a life
    Haha man I'm imagining Jun being like that fish from Spongebob that screams "CHOCOLATE?!"

12. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    Sorry that I had to bump this, but I don't think anyone made mention about it. Jun Senoue came on SAGE EXPO's IRC the other day, and (thanks to Tweaker :*) got some answers to the whole "CRACKERS?!" thing.

http://www.cutefluffykittens.com/2008/08/23/sage-08...enoue-stops-by/

Here's a highlight from the article if you didn't see this yet:

Makes me wonder why Jun was able to play it in it's actual cart form at Sega if he didn't really have anything to do with Crackers/Chaotix...
    It's also strange how he wasn't allowed to comment on the unused music in Sonic 3D. He has mentioned on his forum before the IRC discussion that he does have beta versions of many of his compositions. Unlike Howard Drossin though, I don't think Jun has the intentions of releasing them anytime soon. :\

13. Sazpaimon

Sazpaimon

Tech Member
    Jun still works at Sega, kind of, so doing so can do more harm than good for him.

Regarding crackers, it could have just been as simple as someone he knew just let him have his hands on the tech demo as it was being showcased and that's it.

14. Wetflame

Wetflame

:D Banned
    CRACKERS?!?!? CRACKERS!?!??!

[​IMG]

Someone needs to do "Sonic Tweakers".

Out of interest why did you use a fan term to talk about it instead of just outright showing him the game? It might not have been that he recognised it, you may just have confused the poor guy.

15. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    What do you mean? Sonic Crackers was the name on the title screen—it's pretty hard to mistake.

When Heran and Shade showed Senoue the game, it was on their PSP, so he'd be able to recognize the game through playing it, if not through recognizing the name of the game.

16. Wetflame

Wetflame

:D Banned
    I know but he starting screamng SONIC CRACKERS before he saw the game, apparently.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.