don't click here

Sonic Infusion

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Aka Mekon, Jun 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aka Mekon

Aka Mekon

AKA The best Member
    France
    No, I'm just sit on a chair =p
    For a couple of months I have worked on my hack, Sonic chaotix, who's a Sonic 1 hack. I have started this hack in 2006, when I've started hacking. At the beggining this hack was crappy. Today I have restarted the hack, and I have made better things than pallets and level layout changes:

This is what the hack have for now:
    *New level art for each zone, and new level layout (for each zone)
    *New characters, Blaze and Mighty. They are in the game. Blaze have new abilities, and Mighty will have.
    *Jump dash for sonic, for now (I am trying to make homing attack)
    *New object : Key object. In every act 1 or act 2 of a zone, there is a Key. If you touch it, you'll go at the special stage, when you finish the act. It remplaces the giant ring (the giant ring will be used for another thing). Later I'll make a video of this.
    *Spindash (like Sonic CD works)
    *Rev01 effects
    *New enemies from Techno base zone
    *Sonic End pose
    *New moinitors:
    - The 5 rings monitor: Give you 5 rings.
    - the slow shoes: Make Sonic slower.

And, screenies:
    [​IMG]
    Title card design. I like it personnately. It isn't the final one through.

[​IMG]
    The new badnik from Sonic Advance. You can see in this picture the new Hud, from Sonic Advance 3, and the new level art.

[​IMG]
    The new Crabmeat design, from Sonic advance. You can see also the new rock art.

[​IMG]
    The frog, from the same game.

[​IMG]
    This is the new object , the key object.

[​IMG]
    This is the new Labyrainth zone level art, based on Sonic Chaos's Aqua planet Zone.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is Techno base. I have also imported the two enemies from Sonic Advance 2.
    [​IMG]
    Here, you can see the spikes art, only for TBZ. The others zones uses the standard spikes sprite.

[​IMG]
    And this, is City Escape (WIP name). This zone remplace Spring yard zone. Also there is a new enemy art, from Sonic rush adventure.

Comments and critism are welcome.

2. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    As I said on RetroHack, this is absolutely fantastic! The new graphics are extremely refreshing—you obviously have some skill in that regard—and the idea of a seamless fusion between the Genesis and Advance games (as it seems) is pretty inviting. Nothing really seems out of place.

What are you doing in regards to music, though? Will you have any of the Advance tunes in the game for the corresponding levels or anything?

3. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    I want. When are we seeing a download? This is awesome.

4. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    O_O

Very impressive, I like this a lot.

5. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    That art is absolutely awesome. I can't wait to see more from this. Take you're time though, we don't want to see a rushed project =P

6. P.P.A.

P.P.A.

SONIC 2 SUCKS, SONIC CD FOREVER Member
    Germany
    Sonic MD (Currently: Art for Zone 3)
    Sonic CD spindash? Blaze? New art and layouts? Want.

7. SephyUK

SephyUK

WHY SO CURIOUS? Member
    Qatar
    Some Freakishly Long Anime
    Like I said before, this hack is extremely nice. Aka Mekon, you and I need to make babies now. =P

8. BadCopNoDonut

BadCopNoDonut

O RLY? Oldbie
    Sonic D T
    This is absolutely beautiful dude. If you don't mind a bit of constructive criticism, you should make the background on Techno Base zone have a bit more to it. Other than that, I can't find a fault with any of it. Keep it up!

9. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    [​IMG]

Well that was my nit-pick about the name, since Sonic Chaotix is already used and sounds too generic anyway. Sonic Mountain sounded cool because wasn't it going be like going in a mountain or something the original idea for the hack, correct me if I am wrong about that. Anyway, those screenshots are stunning! Although when I took a glance at the screenshots my first thoughts at looking at City Escape is that the foreground is a bit repetitive, but I'm guessing it's because it's still got work to be done to it. Finally, I would suggest that Techno Base's background may need a bit more things going on to liven it up, but other than that I can't wait to download it, is the progress close enough for a demo?

10. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    Agreed. I love Techno Base Zone so much -- my final level, Neon Nightmare, is to be similarly-styled (Though not the same, I'm a real snob when it comes to including my own material).

11. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    New badniks? New objects? New (awesome) graphics?

I think we have a winner.
    [​IMG]

TBZ looks fantastic, and I always loved Aqua Planet from Sonic Chaos.

Nice work, keep it up.

12. ...:drool: This is pure sex.

13. Shade

Shade

This looks excellent! Great work, absolutely wonderful job on the art. We can't wait to get our hands on it.

My only complaint would be that City Escape looks pretty drab. It might be a good idea to give the foreground and background a little more "interest". Make it a bit busier.

14. Uberham

Uberham

King Of Oblivion Member
    Sex in the form of a ROM.

You'll have to go out of your way to fuck this up.

15. Shoemanbundy

Shoemanbundy

Researcher
    Chicago, Illinois
    selling shoes
    Wow. I remember when you first came here and barely made any sense. You seemed like just a stupid n00bie :P Way to make a comeback ;)

16. Wurly

Wurly

:| Tech Member
  17. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    I guess a new name is in order, in any case. How about Sonic Fusion? It seems to infuse both the Advance and Genesis styles quite well, something which many thought was impossible before due to the widely conflicting styles in pixel art.

EDIT: Actually, how about Sonic Infusion? A bit less generic, but with the same idea in mind.

18. Eviltaco64

Eviltaco64

Hopelessly Lost in Aisle 5 Member
    I give this a thumbs up ;)

19. Soselocke

Soselocke

MEEP MEEP MEEP Banned
    Why does that sound familiar? Either it's the name of a fan game or engine or my memory is just all jumbled as usual. :P

This hack looks great so far! Keep up the good work! I'm also interested in the new key object. I wonder what exactly it's purpose is... perhaps Special Stage entry? Anyway, nice job keeping it fresh!

20. Sokaris

Sokaris

Here is a man who stood up. Member
    Maybe Kega Fusion? that's the only link I can think of.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.