don't click here

Eggman:

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Mark Jurich, Dec 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Jurich

Mark Jurich

I don't know how many of you have been playing the jap rom of Sonic Battle, but I have. Anyway Story Mode is set up in episodes. Each Episode is a certain charactors. At the start of Espisode 3 Rouge is in a commputer lab finding out bg info on Emerl, but can't because the data is already being accesed by someone else. Then what happened next surprised me. Just look at the Screenshot.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/sonicgames/Dirty_Bastard.PNG

I wonder if this is going to be changed, or if the game will have a "T" rating because of it when we get it?

2. Everlast

Everlast

Pending Member
    THERES NO FUCKING PICTURE THERE :angry:

3. Mark Jurich

Mark Jurich

Sorry I typed the address in wrong.

4. SupperTails66

SupperTails66

Tech Member
    You know, I never thought that "bastard" was a "bad" word. I only just found out that it's considered swearing a couple nights ago, when I saw this car driving across my school's soccer field, I said as a joke, "Here comes that bastard again!" or something like that. Then me and my friend had a long arguement about wether it was cussing or not.

Anyways, remember that it's the Japanese version with an English option. In the English version, that bar will probably be a cafe or something... the language will probably be changed too.

5. Everlast

Everlast

Pending Member
    Naughty Rouge

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :lol:

6. Mark Jurich

Mark Jurich

YAh I don't know about it being a "swear" word or not, but it certainly isn't nice.
    But then again neighter is Rouge. I bet they charge it to a different word or put the funny "swearing symbols" in its place.

"the dirty scum" or "the dirty scoundrel"

7. It's a ROM they probaly edited it to make that happen sega would never do that.

8. SupperTails66

SupperTails66

Tech Member
    Okay, it is just SAD that you would think that the dumpers would do that. They would have had no no reason whatsoever to make a scene like that. It IS the Japaneese version with a Sega translation, so like I said, it will probably be changed when it reaches the US.

9. Icy Guy

Icy Guy

Hedgehog. Sonic the Hedgehog. Member
    California
    GoldenEye 007 level hack
    "You dirty illegitimate child!"

10. Mecha Mazgoth

Mecha Mazgoth

Unleash thy fury. Banned
    Bowels of Hell!!!!
    Super Sonic part1: The Beginning
    Oh well. That might not change it anyhoo. :P

11. .hack//zero

.hack//zero

Working on a vulkan game engine for fun. Learning Ray-Tracing.
    I hope thay don't.

12. Everlast

Everlast

Pending Member
    She should say " You dirty shithead"

13. I guess that some swear words in japan are less "profane" than they are english.

14. Most Likely it would be rated T because the use of "colorful" language

15. Bleeding Cut

Bleeding Cut

Dr. Knuckles Member
    Remember, Japanese kids don`t get into trouble for playing video games that have that language. Look at some anim?s, for example. Like Pok?mon. Remember that "lost" Safari Zone episode? When Team Rocket repeatedly used guns to get Dratini? The episode where Ash caught that whole herd of Tauros, then in the next few eps they referred to this one?

They were referring to that one!

And remember, "Holiday in Accupolco?" When Misty and Jessie entered that bikini contest, but James entered, too? (And Ash`s mom won? I bet Prof. Oak was the judge!) The Japanese kids were able to watch those, no problem.

16. XFox Prower

XFox Prower

x86 Assembly, Tails Search Assistant
    I think they will be reviewing the text in the US version but it will suck if they take that out. Some of the translation in the jap rom is bad though. Try quitting a game and going to story mode. Highlight Play Other Episode:

"This story-save-data but Emerl'Skill will be eliminated."

No, there was no space between Emerl (which should have been with an apostrophe and s) and Skill (also should be plural). The hyphens don't seem necessary and the sentence is barely readable.

17. Bleeding Cut

Bleeding Cut

Dr. Knuckles Member
    Reminds me of, "All your base are belong to us." :lol: Hang on....my friend posted that in the form of Calvin and Hobbes` comic strip, let me find the pic for ya`ll.....

EDIT: Found!

[​IMG]

18. raVen

raVen

He Returns Soon......... Pending Member
    nice on dr k, but check this one out:[​IMG]

19. Bleeding Cut

Bleeding Cut

Dr. Knuckles Member
    Huh, LOL! :lol: I still like the Calvin and Hobbes one. ;)

20. DDRKhat

DDRKhat

Keep on runnin' to the finish! Member
    Their both halarious

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.