don't click here

Sonic 1 Pixel Perfect

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by JcFerggy, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The first one reminds me of one I saw in an older version of Sonic GBA, in Green Hill Zone.

2. PC2

PC2

GenMobile > 3DS Member
    Various Artwork & Music, :smug:
    Please, please add some lighting effects to the edges.

3. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    That loop looks great.

4. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Your slopes are unlikely to flow well, due to the nature of the collision engine. You might want to use them sparingly, and only in situations where you'll always be going at a certain speed.

5. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    Yeah, that's what I thought too :P

6. Robjoe

Robjoe

Honestly? I hate the way your slopes came out. Simply cutting out the checkerboard pattern makes it look really half assed. Try adding some grass, or at least lighting (as PC2 suggested). And, as mentioned by Tweaker, you're gonna have some serious problems with collision. =P

7. NovaWizard

NovaWizard

M'kay Member
    S1:Megamix & S1:Pixel Perfect
    There doesn't appear to be any problems regarding them, I've tested multiple times at many speeds and they work. (Unless ofcouse you're too slow to make it all the way up), I've also tested with speed shoes.

8. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Oh yeah, because we all know how half assed Sonic Team was when they made GHZ.

:)

Really, why don't you take a look at the slopes in unedited GHZ? Adding grass or something could easily eat up too many 8x8 tiles.

9. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    Exactally. I know they would look better if I added some grass to them, but it would take up alot of tiles. They are only used a few times in GHZ though, but they do spice things up.

10. NovaWizard

NovaWizard

M'kay Member
    S1:Megamix & S1:Pixel Perfect
    And we're back, some delays in making that movie due to the holidays and all but we thought we could post some picture of some early art in progress.

GHZ art, by me(Nova):
    [​IMG]
    This is still very early.

MZ art, by JcFerggy:
    [​IMG]
    We decided to go away from the MZ maze/blocky feel (In layout aswell), you can also see the act 1 pallet here.

C&C welcome as normal, also the next movie will be up around Feb hopefully, showcasing all the acts of GHZ like I mentioned before.

11. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Oh jesus christ that looks badass. The choice in colors on both ends is just completely outstanding.

12. Flygon

Flygon

This have has a feel of awesome to it.

And that's just looking at the screenshots.

13. no one

no one

[Attempted PA dodging] Banned
    If "This is still very early", I can't even image the final's pallet.

14. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Nova Scotia, Canada
    Hey, long time no bump. I mainly just didn't want the topic to die, and since I finally got off my ass today and did something, I decided I'd post.

[​IMG]

I'll be doing some new art soon, but I just wanted to mess with some more loops.

15. I'm all for classic and original, but since this is all about newness, go with the font on the right. It's splendid.

I see what you did there, and I concur entirely.

...disregard this post competely. I hadn't realized there were multiple pages, and for that I'm a fucking fool. Great hack though, and keep up the fantastic work.

16. Skaarg

Skaarg

Wow I didn't see your your 2 screenshots posted back in January, those look awesome. I really like what you've done with SYZ too.

17. Alriightyman

Alriightyman

I am back... from the dead! Tech Member
    Somewhere in hot, death Florida
    0101001101101111011011100110100101100011 00000010: 0101001100000011 01000101011001000110100101110100011010010110111101101110
    Loops in SYZ? That's sweet! And MZ looks amazing!

18. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
  19. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Nova Scotia, Canada
    I plan to add more of a slope'y feel to all the levels, while trying to keep the original feel of the Genesis Sonic games.

*Stares at SEGA*

20. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    This is honestly brilliant. There are nowhere near enough good graphical hacks, and this is glorious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.