don't click here

ESEII - Sound Importer - Beta 0.02

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Esrael, Mar 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Esrael

Esrael

Neto Tech Member
    Brazil, São Paulo, Guarulhos
    Neto Assembler Editor / Sonic 2 Delta / Neto MD-DOS
    MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR FILES BEFORE USING. I don't have problems, but this is a beta version for test.

Esrael Sonic Editor Sound Importer Beta 0.02

In this version you can port songs from any game to any game.

Usage:
    - Load Source and Destination files.
    - Select ( Custom ) To define your own settings in both combos and choose.
    - Select Absolute (ex: Sonic 2 Beta) or Relative (ex: Sonic 1)
    - Type Base as Start of Song in bank ex: Sound Start at offset 0xF802A type 802A as Base Offset
    - Type Start Offset of Song in Rom or File
    - Click in Button Load Info.

- You can use table to port songs between Games. You can load and save tables.

- Sonic 3K Universal Bank supported.

- Suggestions are accepted.
    - Recommended to user with some knowledge with sounds.
    - Bugs. Please Report

2. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Thanks again, Esrael.
    You said that the UVB was supported but why are they still some S3 levels marked yellow?
    More things to be said later.

3. Esrael

Esrael

Neto Tech Member
    Brazil, São Paulo, Guarulhos
    Neto Assembler Editor / Sonic 2 Delta / Neto MD-DOS
    The yellow S3K Levels is used to show levels using S3K Universal Bank.
    I am planning to port only used voices in ported song when S3K Universal Bank detected.

4. Master3k

Master3k

<3

Undoubtly, this sound importer is very different compared to the old version. Even though it looked a bit harder to use.

5. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    For some reason I'm getting an "I/O Error 32" error now when saving the music for some reason. Does anybody know the problem?

6. Launch Base Zones 1 & 2 don't work.

7. Does this screw the roms up so they don't work in dissesemblies anymore?

8. Aurochs

Aurochs

Единый, могучий Советский Союз! Tech Member
    Whatever catches my fancy
    what?

9. roxahris

roxahris

Everyone's a hypocrite. Take my word for it. Member
    Doing anything at all
    I suppose he means to make a backup of the file you use this on... be it a hex hack, or a music file in a disassembly. Not sure why you would do the second one, but still...

10. The original ESEII would screw up Sonic 2 roms whenever you used it on them, thus making them uncapable of being used by any dissessembler, because the code was scrambled.

11. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    No, this program does not intefere with your rom but if you're doing it the hex way back up your work.
    Though some of the S3K tunes appear to sound fuzzy sometimes & the S3D tunes like to beep a lot.

12. Aurochs

Aurochs

Единый, могучий Советский Союз! Tech Member
    Whatever catches my fancy
    Not really. If the code had been "scrambled", it wouldn't run at all. ESEII likes to move data around, which trips up SonEd, but that doesn't matter if you're making a disassembly.

13. Eduardo Knuckles

Eduardo Knuckles

Not a loved one, but the most hated person. Banned
    Someplace somewhere
    Project S.A.M.G.
    Honestly, I have done most professional ports with it.
    Finally I got the Hydrocity Zone's music, haha !
    Thank you Esrael. Appearently, the program appears to be harder in begin, but it turns easy when figure the table patterns.
    :( Another good choice of you !

Yeah, this two ones don't have worked with me too. When I try to convert it, the program crashes and closes.
    Remember that in the older version of this program I've sucessfully ported Act 2's theme of Launch Base. But, Act 1 doesn't work in both versions.

14. Sorry to bump, but the DAC conversion table needs to be fixed; beta 0.1 can port some songs better, And, it doesn't need a conversion table, once you get it figure out maybe auto-load/join it. ICZ is odd, a tempo editor would be nice, and when exporting to a .bin file for disassembly use, if the second box isn't set to 0, it creates a huge ass file which is unusable. Also, an 'always on top' option would be nice. Like the others said, some songs crash, others don't port correctly. I was working on an archive or all songs done with both beta 0.01 and 0.02, but I've lost it, so I can start again if anyone wants it. I'd very much like a tempo editor, maybe a preview for song/voice? =P.

Like I said the DAC conversion table for S3K and S3D REALLY need to be fixed.

15. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    You can easily do that by opening the music file in a hex editor =P

16. Or in SOME, but...It'd be very much simpler if it was in program

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.