don't click here

Sonic Unleashed

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Adamis, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    Er, watch out, when I googled for Sonic Unleashed the first thing that appeared was Sonic and the Secret Rings. Don't get confused :/ Through I wouldn't discard it being the sequel to that game...

2. Rainer

Rainer

I am going to write to Sega begging to include Craig Venter's newest in-development lifeform, Mycoplasma laboratorium. Quite frankly, considering the character development being put into the new Sonic games, I feel that M. laboratorium could offer a fresh breath of life to the newer games while still retaining the same traits and characteristics of character development and plot. M. laboratorium in addition possesses many fine attributes similar to another beloved character such as Shadow, for example:
    • Both characters have similar degrees of simplicity
    • They were both made in a lab
    • They were both made by a balding scientist with an affinity for machinery
    • Both had (and in bacteria's case has) extensive interest by the millitary
    The beautiful thing about this is that interest in M. laboratorium is something that will be guaranteed to last for generations to come while still managing to preserve the same direction of quality for future Sonic games. Not only that, but they could even make up some bullshit about it being educational to children, teaching them about the future advancements of biotechnology.

Unfortunately, a part of me says that despite how awesome the concept of having M. laboratorium as a possible character, Sega would much rather continue recycling hedgehogs than actually listen to this.

EDIT: I just used "Then" instead of "Than". I deserve to be shot.

3. Sik

Sik

being an asshole =P
    Wouldn't that mean it's a good idea actually? :P (and yes, I know it's a joke)

4. The Shad

The Shad

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Oldbie
    God you all are so fucking blind. Its obviously going to be a Sonic game with every lame ass character ever playable while you have to save the world from the reincarnated ChaosLizard who eats Robotnik's pants and then absorbs everyone DNA. The game is gonna be featured on everything and be only an astonishing 33% complete, while the story is gonna be on par with that terrible Doom fanfic that's become so popular.

5. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    33%? Isn't that a bit generous?

And Sonic Heroes was accepted? Yeah because people would rate the game play a 2/10, rate the graphics and music 10/10 and give the game an overall 9/10. How they do that is beyond me.

The majority of older Sonic fans who grew up with Sonic hated Heroes and for a good reason. If you like falling through floors, annoying voice overs that never shut the fuck up, scripted gameplay, and a horrid camera system, then yeah I can see how you might like that game.

6. roxahris

roxahris

Everyone's a hypocrite. Take my word for it. Member
    Doing anything at all
    I hope it's a fully decent Sonic game. Not half decent, or a bit decent, but really good, decent, and without the shit that has been in the recent Sonic games. Just give us Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles as playable characters, and all the other characters can disappear, except the good ones and ones that are involved in the storyline, which should be the sort of non-story that the originals featured. I suppose this is a bit biased, but it's really the sort of thing that everyone keeps saying they want. On the other hand, if the game plays well, and has en engine/levels/etc that doesn't SUCK I would play if even if it had twenty new characters and a story that stretched out like an RPGs. Assuming, of course, that those concepts would be implemented in a way that doesn't mess up the game.

But then again, a 3D, well done remake of Sonic 1 would kick ass too. Preferably done in the style of SSBB... because that rocked.

7. Shade

Shade

Shit, yeah, I hadn't considered a Secret Rings "sequel"/type game. The ending of Rings heavily implies future titles. And the title "Sonic Unleashed" sounds right at home on the Wii.

8. 87th

87th

FOX HOUNDER Member
    If it is Secret Rings 2, I hope they took some of the criticism given to the original on board. At least this time they don't have to build something from scratch. They can just fix the old game.
    I would have really liked Secret Rings if it didn't force me to play 7-8 terrible missions on each level to progress in the game. The basic levels and bosses were actually quite a lot of fun (once you had tweaked Sonic's abilities to stop the game from being slow and otherwise bad, that is), and if they had focused the main game on that, my main criticism on the game would be about something more arbitrary. Namely, the plot.

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I'm not gonna lie, I've never fallen through the floor once in that game.

And also I don't think anyone would give it a 9/10, more like an 8/10 max. The game was accepted but it had it's flaws. At the very least though it was much easier to overlook these flaws then it was with say Sonic 06 (Although this was the first game to start that "Water = Death" thing, which is bad)

10. Sik

Sik

being an asshole =P
    Same here.

The problem with Sonic Heroes, as it was stated in a criticism that came with the 2D Sonic 2k6 fangame, is that it's just a normal platformer, not a Sonic game. If the game was made with some other character, would you hate it? I don't think so. Let's say, we're trying to play the newest games as Sonic games, but honestly they're normal platforming games with some random loops over there, and with glitchy engines because Sega is trying to adapt them to look more Sonicy. Nothing more.

11. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Horrid camera system? I thought it was pretty well-behaved, actually, even when I tried to take the most insane shortcuts.

12. GreigKM

GreigKM

DNA 2.0 Member
    Michigan
    Education and CAD/Programing
    Ya, why is it that when they say "Go to the whale" and I try to take the shortcut trough the water I lose? j/k
    Anyway, why assume that Sonic Unleashed will be any good? Has everyone forgotten who we are dealing with? Remember 06? And Shadow the Hedgehog? Sonic has been getting slowly worse from SA2 onward.

13. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Yeah, we're getting too used to Sonic games being ranged from "crap" to "not that bad" at most, with the few exceptions.

14. Shikamaru

Shikamaru

Banned
    Idaho, Nampa
    Sonic 3 Knuckles: Alternate Dimension Version
    I'm going to fancy a guess that Sonic Unleashed is a collection of hacks :)
    it is posible, isn't it?
    they found us out! and selling our games! (not to be taken seriously)

A 3-D remake of sonic 1 would be nice....... :cool: :drool:

15. 87th

87th

FOX HOUNDER Member
    No it wouldn't. If the original level design wouldn't work in 3D. If they made new layouts, then it wouldn't be a proper remake.
    Everyone would get excited by the screenshots, but the game wouldn't work.

16. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Yeah. I did not actually PLAY SA2 but its GHZ bonus level left me feeling let down when seeing it in action.

I wouldn't mind a New-Super-Mario-Bros. S1 remake, with Tails and Knuckles and maybe even some GG-inspired levels, though. That would be pretty cool.

17. P.P.A.

P.P.A.

SONIC 2 SUCKS, SONIC CD FOREVER Member
    Germany
    Sonic MD (Currently: Art for Zone 3)
    These have already been fixed in Sonic 06. *cough*
    Also I fully agree with Shade. Fantastic music and visuals and very good level design, ruined by crappy programming, the annoying adventure fields, and generally being unfinished. Nonetheless I had a lot of fun with the stages and while objectively it's a bad game, it's still one of my favourite Sonic games (rank 6 or so). And it's waaaay better than Heroes or Shadow anyway.

18. jman2050

jman2050

Teh Sonik Haker Tech Member
    I actually played through and finished Heroes. I couldn't play Sonic 06 for 15 minutes without turning away in disgust. The core mechanics are just THAT bad.

19. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Thing is, what would be in it? About the only game they haven't done is Chaotix, because Sega fails at emulating the 32X...

20. Xeric

Xeric

Workington, England
    S3K Mighty Sheet
    The instant I read the title I thought..

Kart Racing. Oh please, Sega. No more Kart racing. I hated it in SA2:B.

I would like to see a new 3D Sonic Fighters game. I enjoy playing Sonic the Fighters.. although, I'm not a big fan of Sonic Battle. l:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.