don't click here

[Redundant] Pending Members now have limited posting ability

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Tweaker, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Due to the urging of Nemesis, me and Scarred Sun have decided to grant users in the "Pending Membership" group limited posting ability. They are now free to post and start topics in Wiki Discussion and General ROM hacking, and can reply in Prototype Discussion and Announcements.

This has been implemented on a trial basis—should this privilege be abused, due to an overwhelming majority of new members making idiotic posts, this will be removed. It is expected that all Pending Members will treat their posting ability just as conservatively as Trial Members do.

Pending Members will still be able to take the quiz to gain full posting ability. In addition, if any members in the Pending Membership group show competence and good posting habits, they will be promoted to Trial Member on a case-by-case basis.

2. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    I think you mean the opposite of that, trial members are generally advised to conserve their posts, so conservatively would be a better choice there.

3. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    I fail. Fixed, and thanks for that.

...though, I guess it's still valid—Trial Members don't use them as liberally since they're limited, so... bah, who cares. XD

4. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    *cough*
    *cough*

There are two pages that need some love from an admin...

5. Megaphilip

Megaphilip

Banned
    I should say is that I think the new members should be take the test to post on this site. The reason is that you don't want anyone to break the rules :)

6. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    Hang on, doesn't the test make sure clueless/spammers/idiots/overused leet speakers don't get here?

7. That's basically what he said.

8. Ross-Irving

Ross-Irving

Dear Tweaker and high-end users of Sonic Retro,

I completely respect your wishes to grant new users limited posting ability. It's good to be picky at times, and because of your strict policies, I haven't seen one dumb user on the site yet. I'm very impressed.

I have a strong belief that when you mess up, it's your fault 90% of the time. When I took the easiest test you guys have and still got more than four wrong, I knew I fucked up. I looked at your helpful links, and studied for an hour or so, and I still got some wrong. I did a lot of digging in your links and was still confused on where to find some of the answers.

I'm definitely a Sonic fan and have some knowledge on levels or the gameplay, but I never expected it would be SO specific. As a result, I failed! The test was a cool challenge, though.

In all seriousness, I really want to be a member here. I have a Sonic game planned and I don't know how to get started on it and you guys are THE place to go to for the brains to carry these ideas out. I'm gonna need more than twenty posts to get this idea off the ground. Not to make myself look good, but to have fun. I want to contribute in a way that would entertain guys like you and the average Sonic fan. I came here because I knew that this is where stuff gets done and stuff gets finished.

Will I try to take the test again and try to pass like everyone else did? Hell yes! If anything, I just want to show my appreciation to the people who have worked so hard to take a concept apart and put back together.

I will most likely not become a member, so I just want to say THANK YOU for the opportunity.

-Ross Irving

9. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    People like you make me glad I did this. :)

Here, have a free trial membership. =P

10. Fleet

Fleet

I'd go and make a post like this, however that'd be stealing.

Pretty much the same. It's nice that I have a chance to try and become part of the community. Seeing as I can't pass the test. I'm just no good with Technical Sonic stuff.

11. Thanks Hi I'm Louis a long time Sonic fan and I have been aware about the truth of all the prototypes of Sonic 2. If it were not for the prototypes and the truth about what is the difference between the games that the shots in Magazines and Manuals etc I wouldn't have known. Again Mr. Tweaker thanks for letting pending members like myself to post.

12. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    PROTIP: THIS IS NOT A THREAD TO BEG TO BE TRIALED

ANYONE ELSE DOING IT GETS PA'ED

MMMKAY

13. Ross-Irving

Ross-Irving

Oh, not at all, Scarred Sun.

Not trying to be a kiss ass. I can see how my post can be misconstrued as something an incredible suck-up would say, but I meant what I said. My apologies. I'm not a moron.

14. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I think she was more on about the flood of replies that followed rather than yours. =P

15. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    Oh yeah, you're certainly fine. I was just concerned that other people would see your smashing success and try to emulate it, albeit poorly.

16. Fleet

Fleet

Hey, a guy can try can't he? XP
    Nah, kidding. I'm just glad I have a chance to become part of the community now. (I'm still gonna' try the test though :) )