don't click here

Sonic Adventure 2 DX

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Jeztac, Feb 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeztac

Jeztac

Sonic R-DX
    Well, the concept of this mod was best described by my good friend Blue Blood.

"A project like this shows a lot of potential. Jeztac and his group are working hard to to do stuff that has previously been lost. Personally, I don't like the concept of making SA1/DX look like SA2 cause it just seems a little half baked. (How many people would play this if it was Soiic 1 into Sonic 2?). The best way to put this entire hack though is a research project first and a nifty little mess around after.."

[​IMG]
    The members are
    leader:Jeztac

Sonicfreak94
    PeglegJimmy
    Ashuraxdemon
    SonicTheHedgehogDX

Screen Shots:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] \
    Top: Sonic Adventure 2 Shadow model
    [​IMG]
    Bottom: Sa2dx Shadow model by PeglegJimmy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Shadow Model by Peglegjimmy.
    Here is a very early alpha, it includes High Resolution Emerald Coast and Sonic Adventure 2 style Sonic:
    http://files.filefront.com/SA2DX+Teaserrar...;/fileinfo.html

2. Titan

Titan

UK
    Wow, Jimmy's done a really great job on the Shadow model ^^

3. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Yeah, this is looking pretty snazzy. I might have to reinstall SADX for this one. :(

Will there be any new level layouts?

4. Ayla

Ayla

I shat on your desk ^^ Oldbie
    West Linn, OR
    Hacking Contest, StH Overlooked, Personal Indie game
    Look at the first picture, Tweak.. I'd take that as a yes =P

5. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

Retro 80's themed Twitch streamer ( on hiatus) Member
    Besides the hands, which I am sure can be fixed.

6. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!

8. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Level layouts (object placement) have/will be been changed. Level art has, obviously, been changed. Level models are rather annoying. I found them but whenever any of us have tried to edit them, it just disappears entirely. The game still runs, but not that model.
    Windy 'n' ripply models:
    [​IMG]

Azure Blue World after I edited a model: (textures are from my own hack, so just ignore 'em)
    [​IMG]
    The thing about this though is that if the model just diappears, you can't stand where it should have been. And that's odd considering you can't stand on new parts of an edited model either. In fact I think Jeztac did successfuly import a level model I edited once in the Windy Hill, Windy Valley. As I just said only the original part of the model was solid, the new bits were there but weren't solid.

I'm not part of this project, just filling in the gaps.

9. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

Retro 80's themed Twitch streamer ( on hiatus) Member
    It's like the same deal with Sprites, mappings and collisions in a genesis game. Of course, the model is like the sprite, but without the collisions, You can't interact with it.

10. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

When you put it that way it makes perfect sense. I have no idea how the collisions would work though- whether they'd be seperate models or if the game does them in some other way. The more annoying thugh is that the game just won't load the edited stuff. But anyway, it'd be better to talk about this in another topic sometime.

11. Troublegum

Troublegum

Previously Smindas Oldbie
    That Shadow model looks very well done, better than the one I cooked up a few years ago. However, does his head "break" during cutscenes?

12. Jeztac

Jeztac

Sonic R-DX
    Yes, sadly the head does "break" due to the game looking for the mouth for the cutscene model, which Shadow doesn't have, the only way to get it to work would be to edit Sonic's cutscene model, but in that case it would be impossible to get the stripes.

13. Troublegum

Troublegum

Previously Smindas Oldbie
    I'm not all that technial savvy, so forgive my naivity, but is there no possible way to map the mouth movements on to the Shadow model? It would probably require a lot of work, but is it not possible to create a 'hybrid' head that uses the Super Sonic / Shadow head as the basis, but map's Sonic's mouth animation and data on to it? Probably not, but I always wondered.

14. Jeztac

Jeztac

Sonic R-DX
    I seriously doubt it, though there might be a chance, since Jimmy has stated before he managed to switched uv maps, though hes not the most trustworthy person ever.
    I may look into it later, though right now the story is the least important part for us, we wan't to get levels retextured, then Baash my head into the keyboard try to get level models working.

15. Jeztac

Jeztac

Sonic R-DX
    Update:
    Peglegjimmy has left the project, however I have managed to whip up a decent replacement for his model:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

We've also decided to replace High Res Emerald Coast with Green Hill Zone: [​IMG]

We're currently accepting new members into the project, the open spots are:
    Layout Editor.
    Texture Editor.
    Beta Testers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.