don't click here

The Sonic Art Archive is down

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Rockman Zero, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rockman Zero

Rockman Zero

Hello there, my little friend. Member
    Videos for Hellfire Commentaries.
    I can't access the Sonic Art Archive. Someone is making a wallpaper for me, but most of the new art at www.sonicresearch.org/art can't be accessed.

2. The whole of SGMC seems to be down, and has been down for quite a few days now. I have no idea why though.

3. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Because you touch yourself at night.

4. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    =/ how original.

5. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    You're stupid!

6. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    The DNS servers seem to be having some issues. If it doesn't came back up soon, I'll try and contact Dioxaz about hosting the archive here.

7. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Actually it's been down for nearly 2 weeks now, it looks like the server fucked up big time, hopefully Ordos will have a backup of the site.

EDIT: Tweaker just posted before I finished this up, my bad.

8. Hivebrain

Hivebrain

Administrator
    53.4N, 1.5W
    Github
    What about using the wiki to archive art?

9. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    that's not really what mediawiki was designed for, the scripts they used before did the job fine.

10. Hivebrain

Hivebrain

Administrator
    53.4N, 1.5W
    Github
    Ever been to Wikimedia Commons? I think Mediawiki is exceptionally suitable for listing art. The gallery script currently being used isn't convenient at all. Everything has to be created and uploaded manually, from thumbnails to datafiles containing image descriptions.

11. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    That might be a good idea, yeah. Do you still have the files from the site? We could go ahead and start the conversion.

12. OrdosAlpha

OrdosAlpha

Who's next!? Oldbie
    The site will be back online ASAP. Our host has had some problems, and is getting things sorted out.

13. Dioxaz

Dioxaz

Oldbie
    Sonic Rush No Vocal
    Hello all. I know I don't have much opportunities to come here, sorry. Tweaker informed about that thread, hence my presence here.

I'm not against the idea of offering the Sonic Art Archive in another form, perhaps more adapted to its content. I'll first re-upload all its content in its original and old form (MIG gallery) and then you'll see what can be done with it. ^^

14. Yuzu

Yuzu

I think the idea's of having mirror's of the archive would help, like files. Incase one mirror goes down, another is up.

15. OrdosAlpha

OrdosAlpha

Who's next!? Oldbie
    OK, the archive is back online, though Dioxaz has temp closed it for the time being.

16. Dioxaz

Dioxaz

Oldbie
    Sonic Rush No Vocal
    By now, it's completely operational and opened.

I needed to close it temporarily because I had to sort out a few redounding images (I still have some old files lying with the rest on my hard drive) and re-upload the last update. Although I know some people still accessed it via the art.php (not recommended, but that's the inconvenient of using frames) page as I only blocked the index.html and index2.htm ones. :P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.