don't click here

Sonic 1 Megamix

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Dec 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    Original Sonic CD one ftw.

2. Metal Knuckles

Metal Knuckles

HAVE SOME FUN WITH MIKU Member
    New Hampshire, USA
    Shadow Alpha, an awesome hack of Sonic 1
    Wait, you guys are payed for this? ?_?

The 2nd bumper on the old set looks like the creators decided to cover it in random white blotches, while Neo's is a set pattern. I'm going for the new set.

3. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
  5. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    Yay, you fixed the animation frame that is only displayed for half a second! :D

6. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    The third set is superior.

Tweaker is just a faggot.

7. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Actually, I cleared out all the colour from the initial frame so it was just circles, split it in half, made three equal sections, colouredand rotated 90 degrees, and finally added the star and blue for the first frame. The second I took the first, got rid of the outer ring, flipped vertically, added an inner ring and the star and blue. The third is a quick edit to make the circle and star look less resize-y. :P

8. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
  9. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    Invincibility Music: I'd say go with B, the drums there feel more a part of the song than the ones in A, and C feels a bit flat without the drums in B.
    Bouncing Thing Sprite: Third set looks the best to me. Less star distortion.

10. While playing your hack I found a few glitches, I know one or two have already been posted, but I will post all my findings.

[​IMG]

This one I found while messing around with Super Sonic, if you cannot tell why the time is so high and there are no rings, well I frame skipped, but I then decided to take a picture. I jumped up into that position from below and I got stuck.

[​IMG]

I forget exactly how this happened, but I was running around and I got stuck here until I got a Time Over.

[​IMG]

I know this was already posted, but I hope you fix this flaw in Level Design. ;)

I find it funny how I joined the forums just to post in this topic. :lol:

11. djdocsonic

djdocsonic

Testing YOUR Hacks Since 2005... Member
    Emerald Hill Zone
    Looking for a Rom Hack to Test.
    Mate you do realise you are playing v3.0 of Megamix AND that it is still being worked on? Im pretty sure Team Megamix are aware of some of the Solid Wall issues.

12. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    That corner thing in Star Light Zone happens also to me a lot, in both S1MM and in Puto's S1R, it's mainly a flaw on Sega's side. On the other hand, 16 years ago they couldn't know that Sonic was going to run faster than $600...

13. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    The needless bloat of the size of your pictures in addition to the vagueness of how the bugs were achieved basically make your "bug report" completely useless in terms of actually fixing any legitimate issues, assuming that they haven't been "fixed" already.

14. Sorry, I just tried to be a little helpful in case you have not had any of those glitches happen.

15. Bryn2k

Bryn2k

Still a thing. Oldbie
    Thoroughly enjoyed the hack, although so far I have only had time to beat it as Sonic. My only complaint now is that I have tried to use the homing attack when playing Sonic 1 normally (I.e. the original game not any hacks) and have died more times through that than I care to count. Whoops.

Look forward for the latest release, Sega could learn a few things about how to make a real 15th anniversary game instead of the steaming excrement that was that GBA thing...

16. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    The bug in the first screenshot has been fixed. I'm not so sure on the third but I assume that's been fixed as well.

17. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
  18. CloverCC

CloverCC

Feckin sweet.. Though it sounds a tad weird without the lyrics.. But again, I did find myself singing the them in my head :P. Anyways, awesome. :D

19. 87th

87th

FOX HOUNDER Member
    Fuck me, that's cool!

20. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.