don't click here

Gens for Intel Macs, anybody interested?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Puto, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    [​IMG]

Ya, rly. Cmd-line only, and 32X stuff doesn't work yet, and this isn't exactly very tested, but is anybody interested in this?

2. Sonic Hachelle-Bee

Sonic Hachelle-Bee

Taking a Sand Shower Tech Member
    Lyon, France
    Sonic 2 Long Version
    Certainly... if this is real.

As far as I know, there isn't any 32X or MegaCD emulator for the Mac platform yet.
    A lot of people at emuscene.com are asking for something like this.

3. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Saz and some others messed around with the Gens source, and got it to compile on Mac. It's legit; 32x emulation doesn't seem to work yet, though.

4. Evil Cheese

Evil Cheese

..... Member
    I'm highly interested in anything having to do with OS X and emulation at the moment as I'm planning to buy a laptop from Apple soon. If this is the only way to run Sega CD titles on that OS you best belive I'll be using it. :thumbsup:

5. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    Well, with some help from Saz, here's an easy-to-use installer for the GTK version. You need X11 installed. (Although you don't have to run it manually, simply double-click Gens.app in /Applications)

6. Sazpaimon

Sazpaimon

Tech Member
    Puto and I are currently working on getting this to work more natively, or as natively as we can without a complete re-write. We'll keep you updated.

7. 63%

63%

I would certainly be interested in this, how natively would you be able to get this to run?

8. Gen

Gen

This is halloween! This is halloween! Member
    The Mobius Engine
    Well, I've already made an XCode project for Gens. I'm going to be learning CoCoa so I can rewrite the UI using SDL. Gens uses SDL already for Linux and OS X, so making a useful UI for it shouldn't be too hard.

It would be awesome if a rewrite of Gens could take place in pure C++ so it would run on the PowerPC platform.

9. Aurochs

Aurochs

Единый, могучий Советский Союз! Tech Member
    Whatever catches my fancy
    Well, I don't know very many of the details of Gens 3, but I suspect that it will be in pure C++. Stef is rewriting the whole damn thing, and I vaguely recall something about doing away with the Starscream 68k emulator...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.