don't click here

We all know how much Sonic 1 sucked on GBA

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Hez, Jan 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Damizean

Damizean

As classic as rock Member
    Valencia, España
    Various projects
    By the way, if you want to have Sonic like bridges I already made a routine for them, wich works with the 360º. If you want it... It's pretty simple, finds on wich log Sonic stands, then changes the position of each log using a angle gradient from first log to Sonic's log, then to the last log to calculate the height.

2. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    ...dude...I was actually JUST going to start working on that, but if you already have it...heh...have msn or aim?

3. Damizean

Damizean

As classic as rock Member
    Valencia, España
    Various projects
    Both :) Try with AIM: Damizean

4. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox

Heh, that's actually quite good. I've never thought that the famous Sonic community's "asshole" would do something that good. Way to go, man. The GHZ remix was also kinda catchy, where did you get it?

5. Xenowhirl

Xenowhirl

Tech Member
    I thought I had it figured out last month, and it keeps getting more obvious (too many coincidences, Hez has to be [???]), though I could be wrong... Anyway, I like the idea of the anti-shields, but they should be even more annoying. Anti-magnet pushes rings away, anti-bubble prevents breathing everywhere, anti-fire picks a random direction each time, that sort of thing.

6. Good concept. Only thing that bothered me was the music. When I heard it in one of the videos, it was blaring so damn loud it startled me.

7. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    turn down your speakers =P. Anyways, I need to find out who composed the music. That way I can give credit. I'm about 100 percent done with act 1. Once act 1 is done, the other levels should actually go quite fast. Just building the engine is what's taking so long. As soon as I get more done Ill post more videos!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mfx4rn5Usck New video too =P

8. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    This Sonic 1 port is looking pretty good so far, Hez. However, though, there's one small thing I need to point out.

[​IMG]
    In that video you just posted, the invincibility monitor was placed in the wrong tree.

[​IMG]
    As demonstrated in this picture, the invicibility monitor should be in the second tree in the middle, rather than the one on the left.

Other than that, good job. I'll be looking forward to it's release.

9. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
  10. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    The fact that he seems to have more than 3 frames of walking animation seems like a special ability.

Needs some more Trouble Shooter I or II, Thunderforce III or IV or Gleylancer music though.

Why the hell are they all shooters I don't know.

11. Shadow MK2

Shadow MK2

12. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Should I remind you that I own one of these?
    [​IMG]

13. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    I just found a sonic 2 tiger handheld...hah

14. TapamN

TapamN

There's a Sonic 3D Blast Tiger Toy, too.

15. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
  16. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    This is awesome. Pure win.

17. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    Wow, seems that Hez can put his money where his mouth is. Impressive.

Maybe Sega should hire you over those incompetent fools lol.

18. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    I don't have school today so as soon as I get act 3 done, I will release a demo =P. Anybody have any comments on the music choices? I didn't know if I liked some of them or not.

On another note. I plan on having a new level inbetween every old one. I'm not sure what new zones but I have a few in mind.

Bridge Zone
    Sky High Zone (Basically GHZ with color and background change)
    Jungle Zone

Also going to have mini special stages like in Sonic 3K, and perhaps a different special stage all togather =P.

19. 87th

87th

FOX HOUNDER Member
    I used to have Tiger versions of Sonic 1-3. My parents sold them when I was 12, though. :)

20. Shadow MK2

Shadow MK2

Invincibility music + Super Sonic = Awesome

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.