don't click here

Starts of a new hack

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Skaarg, Jan 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skaarg

Skaarg

Well I've decided to start from scratch on a new S1 hack. For those of you that remember hyper x. I think it was a decent hack for it's time. Well by today's standard's though it's not that great. So I figured I need to start learning some ASM.
    Well the beginning of my project I ported the S2NA spindash to S1. Then I modified that code to make a basic Super Peelout. Of course I've got a long ways to go and there are a few bugs. I thought I'd go ahead and post a very early version.
    So I guess go ahead and call this ver. 0.1.
    Download Here

Credit's:
    Quickman's topic in Sonic Programming
    Hivebrain in my help topic.

2. Hivebrain

Hivebrain

Administrator
    53.4N, 1.5W
    Github
    Tsk. I can never download anything from Rapidshare, due to my IP being the one used by half the broadband subscribers in the UK.

3. Skaarg

Skaarg

Here I added a YouSendIt download. I'll just have to remember to update it every 7 days until I can get my friend to put it up on his server for me.
    Download Here

4. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    You could just use FileDen. It's perfect.

As for the hack, I'll check it out later.

5. The Mighty Boosh

The Mighty Boosh

Stupid like a FOX! Member
    So this is essentially Sonic 1, with Sonic 2 NA Beta's spindash code copy-pasted into it?

Nothing particularly interesting, to say the least.

6. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    Do yourself a favor and raise the speed for the peelout. A peelout that makes you go slower than if you just press right is as useless as it gets.

7. Skaarg

Skaarg

I see what the problem is with that. The code actually makes you go fast, but if you press right or left it puts you at the normal running speed for sonic. So I'll to make it so Sonic can maintain the peelout speed while pushing left or right instead of dropping to the normal running speed when just holding left or right.

Originally the peelout speed was $900 I bumped it up $9C0. $1000 was just a little to fast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.