don't click here

Oops

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Tweaker, Jan 17, 2007.

1. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    In my opinion, I think the way you have the posts set up for the people is kinda backwards.

If the advanced test lets you go right to being a member, shouldn't the regular tech test have the 10 posts and the research test have the 20 posts. You might want to know more about the people who take the easy way out with the easy test, and let the people who actually know some hacking related info have a shorter time in the trial period.

2. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Giving the research test 20 posts encourages everybody to take it to get the "easy way out." This way, we encourage more people to learn technical shizz and get more posts as a result for doing to extra work to learn what's on it. At the same time, people learn some new stuff if they didn't know it before, so it's win-win. It's especially helpful if you think you need more posts to redeem yourself.

3. Rosiero

Rosiero

Mmph! Oldbie
    Personally I think it's right the way it is, because average joes already specified that they're average joes and thus don't have to prove anything. Therefore they need less trial posts. (Then again, someone doing the tech trial would already have proven their worth... meh.)

4. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    Easy way out by having more posts to do? Surely it discourages rather than encourages.

5. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    No - easy by giving you more posts to dick around with. By only having 10 posts, the pressure is on to give a good impression, and get approved.

6. hxc

hxc

spotteddove Researcher
    So are people who passed this "mistake" going to be restored to their old groups? For me Full Member + Tech Member access?

7. CloverCC

CloverCC

Hm. Well, a few things, really. I think that would require ALOT of work. I believe there's maybe 300+ members who have been full member already that the admins would have to get to. Why not just work your way back up to Full member? :P

8. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    Suggestion: Once you get the Advanced instant-membership test up, allow existing trial members to try to take it for instant membership?

9. hxc

hxc

spotteddove Researcher

Because that requires exactly the same amount of work on the admins behalf? Think please.

10. OrdosAlpha

OrdosAlpha

Who's next!? Oldbie
    That is the lamest excuse I've ever seen for a board wipe. You should've had the balls to come out and say 'I wiped you fuckers! Enjoy!' Instead of the 'I maed a mestak in teh daytahbaz11!!11' bullshit.

11. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Just following tradition. :3

12. Robjoe

Robjoe

Yay, I'm the only Member! =D

13. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Not anymore. ;o

(For the record, I approved any members with special forum access. Don't get all bitchy - they're the only exceptions. :P)

14. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    what's that got to do with the cleanout?

Anyway:
    http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?act...ost&p=35448

15. Aurochs

Aurochs

Единый, могучий Советский Союз! Tech Member
    Whatever catches my fancy
    The topic is old enough to have unlinked posts in it. I didn't really feel like digging up the original cleanout announcement.

16. Xkeeper

Xkeeper

lgkdfvlbjepasvdjzcvpaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Researcher
    the bone zone
    current-project-fart
    I never really got why trial members don't get access to the various other member-area forums, considering all the fun stuff like Tech Hoaxes or other silly things.

Then again, it probably won't matter since I only have—..

Oh wait, the "YOU HAVE XXX POSTS REMAINING" notice is gone and I'm too lazy to look it up. We'll say five.

-- five posts to prove that I can be a witty asshole and get (re-)approved, and I doubt I will so meh. Why not waste them debating pointless crap?

It's S2B. If you wanted a cleanup, there's better ways to do it, like going through all members and picking out the dumbasses instead of forcing everyone to re-take a quiz.

(Besides, not everyone here is for the technical hacking aspect; I personally like reading up on small little findings in the games or reading about/silently commenting on hacks)

P.S: I'd check but I'm too lazy to (re-)register, but have you dimwits fixed the test yet? I could easily make a page that allows you to retake the quiz over and over with little effort (or even better allow you to just skip it), so if you're going to implement this again you should probably make sure it works.

17. Sazpaimon

Sazpaimon

Tech Member
    It's been fixed for a while now, I was running more tweaks through the script a little after it was re-deployed, so you probably just were there at the right time.

I don't understand why some of you are acting like such big babies over this thing. You all act as if this is the first time this has happened. Newsflash, it isn't. This has also been talked about and debated for over a month, and most, if not all, tech members agreed upon it (accept it or not, tech members are your higherups here, their opinions matter more than yours most of the time, deal with it), and most of the mods and admins agreed upon it to. This wasn't some rash and harsh decision we pulled out of our ass in 5 minutes. This whole thing was carefully (lol) executed for nearly a month (honestly, I could have waited a little longer in order to make the test harder, but I got tired of waiting).

In short, stop whining.

18. FinalBeyond

FinalBeyond

You talked about Tweaker making a typo for over a month before it happened?

Wow, well, something doesn't add up here.

19. Metal Knuckles

Metal Knuckles

HAVE SOME FUN WITH MIKU Member
    New Hampshire, USA
    Shadow Alpha, an awesome hack of Sonic 1
    Your not connecting the right pieces. If they were planning it a month ahead, then this wasn't an accident. Use some simple common sense! ;)

20. FinalBeyond

FinalBeyond

Oh, sorry, perhaps I didn't make it clear enough. I assumed we had an admin who was mature enough to make a serious announcement, but evidently I had too much faith in them.
    Ah well, there we go. I can be stuck in P.A. or Misfit now that I've cleared that up.