don't click here

Which version of the Panic Puppet Act 1 song do you like the most?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by RAMPKORV, Jan 13, 2007.

The Genesis version.

1. The Saturn version.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. The Genesis version.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RAMPKORV

RAMPKORV

Oldbie
    Sweden
    Licking my girlfriend's anus
    :thumbsup:

They're both great. I'll reveal my own opinion later.

EDIT: Oh nos. I sucked at making the poll. Instead I'll reveal the true form of Deven Gallo ... I mean ... reveal my opinion. The Saturn version is superior. Cock.

Hivebrain edit: Fixed.

2. EXOGGEDDEN

EXOGGEDDEN

orgasmic Member
    Saturn version =P

3. Billy

Billy

RIP Oderus Urungus Member
    Colorado, USA
    Indie games
    Overall the Saturn version was a much better port. But I'm actually going to have to go with the Genesis' music for this level.

4. Travelsonic

Travelsonic

I am actually split, I like Act 2 Genesis, and Act 1 Saturn/PC vers.

5. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Can an admin give me back the chance to vote? I clicked on "null vote" when the poll was still broken, and now that the poll is fixed I can't vote :)

6. Shakidna

Shakidna

Rehash Rampage Member
    Dreamcast version :D

7. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    I like them both. I don't really have a "favorite" out of the two choices.

8. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    It seems that I can't vote. Oh well, Genesis +1.

9. CloverCC

CloverCC

I Never played the saturn version at all, so I'll go with Genesis, though I liked the final robotnik boss battle more. :)

10. Nicholas Onimura

Nicholas Onimura

Lurker Member
    The Genesis version wins. I haven't played the Saturn version.

-Nick O.

11. Robjoe

Robjoe

I'm tied between Act 1 Saturn and Act 2 Genesis. However, keeping only t0o Act 1, Saturn wins. Act 1 Genesis is still cool though.

12. T.Q.

T.Q.

The Sims 2, Tim Drake [Robin] Member
    I voted for the Genesis version. Unfortunately, I haven't heard the Saturn version, so my decision is bias.

Boy, it seems like it could end up in a split win for both versions.

13. Verse

Verse

Posts once a year. Oldbie
    Pomona, CA , USA
    Freedom Planet Soundtrack
    I was going to make a snarky "The one before act 1" statement, but fakkit. Saturn.

14. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    I've listened to the soundtrack of the Saturn version of Sonic 3D Blast a few months ago, and I wasn't very impressed with it. My vote goes to the Genesis version.

15. Travelsonic

Travelsonic

I personally liked Act 2 in the Genesis version, and act 1 in the other versions of Sonic 3D blast personally.

16. OrdosAlpha

OrdosAlpha

Who's next!? Oldbie
    Jun Senoue got fucking owned by Richard Jacques. Poll over. Saturn soundtrack for the win.

17. NickW

NickW

That bgm in the genesis version kicks the crap out of the saturn version's one, IMO.

18. Dioxaz

Dioxaz

Oldbie
    Sonic Rush No Vocal
    Well...

Otherwise, it doesn't change anything. The Saturn version shows a lot of good influences (Seal, Enigma, etc.), a very good use of synths of the time and well driven and inspired melodies. Okay, they tend to repeat themselves through the song but the way Richard Jacques managed himself to use different arrangements saved it all.

On the other hand, the Genesis version shows good melodies, in almost the same style as Jacques', a really good use of the FM chip (those kind of sounds you'd love to have on your DX, but I prefer Chaotix sounds personally) but sounds a bit less inspired melodically.

So, conclusion... R. Jacques wins for me.

BTW, the act 2 theme shares exactly the same influences as act 1 musically (though more Enigma-imitated) even if it's not as sophisticated. But that lush pad all over the song still have its effect on me. Dunno why.

Of course, if you're not an electropop enthusiast, you can't understand. :P

19. Rosiero

Rosiero

Mmph! Oldbie
    Perhaps, Dioxas, but
    Anyway, personally I think the Genesis version is better because there's more of a proper melody.

20. Dioxaz

Dioxaz

Oldbie
    Sonic Rush No Vocal
    lol, I mistook the song. XDDD (how the hell have I been able to make such a fixation on RRZ?)
    But I didn't made that "review" for nothing. It just shows how good Richard Jacques worked on that game soundtrack.

Well, I still prefer Jacques' version, even if it might sound too "technoish". It might fit more to the level. Senoue's version is for once more melodic and covers and electronic style. Might be one of his best tune out of that game but... my love for dance music makes me prefer Jacques' version. XDD

And, oh, a last note: if I'm mistaking music zones so much, it's because I never went really deep on that game. Sorry if looked like a jerk at that moment.

EDIT: dunno how many times I edited that post lol (yeah, I was still mistaking it with another zone... Green Grove)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.