don't click here

Check here for Sonic music

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Bleeding Cut, Oct 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Mirage

Dark Mirage

BC
    Does anyone remember that gigantic torrent there used to be on SuperNova with EVERY sonic soundtrack ever (including some strange limited editon casette thing)? Because I have it. I think I'm missing all the Advance game soundtracks but I've got everything else. I've even been keeping it updated (meaning I have the entire Shadow soundtrack, Sonic Rush, been hoarding the Sonic X-Treme music, etc.

I think I'll try torrent it for anyone who's interested. Maybe I should download all the Advance albums first and then torrent it. I just need to figure out how to get things torrented in the first place. I'm behind a router so I don't tknow if that will have any impact...

Give me a couple days anyways and I'll try get it going for everyone on the board. But seriously, this thing will be huge. When I downloaded it it was 3+ gigs. it'd be 4 or 5 now. Either way, I know it'd be great for anyone who enjoys the Sonic tunes as much as I do.

2. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    If you can package it with "official" music formats (VGM, ADX, GSF, etc...) in addition to mp3's when needed, I'd snag it. It'd knock a couple of gigs off size, while at the same time adding loop support and realtime quality.

3. Dark Mirage

Dark Mirage

BC
    http://www.filefactory.com/get/f.php?f=a89...e8c61ec6c6bcad8

Alright, lets see if this works. Torrent file can be downloaded from the above link. It's a 2.4 GB file after I removed the WAV. files. Suprisingly smaller than I thought.

Every soundtrack is in MP3 format (I don't have them in any of the other formats you mentioned Tweaker, and I'm seriously not converting all this music :P sorry, but that would be a lot of converting).

It has none of the Advance or Game gear soundtracks either... I'm working on obtaining those, but it'll be some time. I"m not personally interested in the Game Gear ones anyways so I may never get those unless I really feel I need them for the sake of collecting.

ANYWAYS, start downloading. If there are any problems downloading the torrent let me know. This is the first time I've actually done one so I know something will probably go wrong.

4. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Actually, you don't have to convert anything. http://zophar.net/ and http://project2612.org/ have VGM and GSF soundtracks for the Genesis/GBA games in the series. You can ask around for ADX's, or look up a torrent for them. Or even rip them yourself (which is easier or harder, depending on your equipment). Everything else could easily use mp3's.

As for this torrent, is everything top quality? I'd like that. :)

5. Dark Mirage

Dark Mirage

BC
    Ooo, thanks for the links Tweaker. I'll nab them later on tonight, but I don't think I'll add them to the torrent since I've already got people donwloading from it right now and I'd hate to make them start over.

And as far as my ears tell me everything is very good quality. The Sonic Adventure 2 soundtrack doesn't sound any different from the real one sitting on my shelf over here, which is the only reason I didn't bother to rip it.

6. chicago2003

chicago2003

Pending Member
    I hope Chemical Plant Zone is in one of those sites.

7. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    It sure is, and much more.

8. Sakura Courage Solo

Sakura Courage Solo

I am a Woodpecker! Except in Dirt! Member
    Lava Reef Zone
    A Sprite-Based Dollmaker and a Card Game
    I've looked through all the links in this topic, but I can't seem to find a MIDI of the Sonic Underground theme anywhere... can anyone help me out in finding one? o.o;

9. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    cough

10. Camo the Chemeleon

Camo the Chemeleon

Pending Member
    Hello, I'm new here. That test sure was a bitch :P . Anyway, here is a site that will nock your socks off.

Galbadia Hotel

Just go to the "S" section and there are tons(but not all) of the Sonic game soundtracks. Yippie!

Anyway, does anyone have a link to a site with the Sonic Advance 1 music that is NOT in GSF format? I've been searching for a while.

11. Camo the Chemeleon

Camo the Chemeleon

Pending Member
    I didn't realize that someone had already posted the site already. I can't edit my post...

12. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    No worries, it's easy to overlook such things.

13. NickW

NickW

For anybody that wants it, you can find the ADX's of Heroes, Gems & Mega Collection, Riders, Shadow, SADX and SA2B, along with other games here:

http://hcs64.com/bonus/ADX/

14. Nikki

Nikki

sonic-cult.net Member
  15. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
  16. Rockman Zero

Rockman Zero

Hello there, my little friend. Member
    Videos for Hellfire Commentaries.
    I'm wanting to rip the music from Sonic Jam, but how do I do that?

17. Hivebrain

Hivebrain

Administrator
    53.4N, 1.5W
    Github
    Kojichao ripped the music from Sonic Jam a few years ago (224kbps). I don't think it's still available anywhere though.

18. Super

Super

The ever vigilant GSWAS. Member
    Michigan
    Youtube
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.