don't click here

Time to get new protos, maybe? Yes!

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by drx, Dec 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    Any Goldeneye or Perfect Dark protos? There's been a lot of grasping at straws (and tons of hacking) about them, but never any real protos. (Just curious, I'm too poor to really pay for anything)

2. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    I will be able to donate some money sometime between January and Febuary...

Hope you can wait a bit.

(Also, I am going to split out the stupid posts out of this topic....but not now. Wait till after xmas. Seriously though, you guys, and am getting so damn sick of these repeated childish arguments. I KNOW you all can act more mature than this.)
    done

3. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    I love that game, in fact I been working on a port of the NES game levels and graphics to the SNES game. I also made a video showing the NES bowser on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M73ReyCWsnI

It's my most popular video.

4. MK

MK

Hacker Oldbie
    New England, USA
    Secret :o o:
    I'll TRY to donate money, I dunno, but I just love protos. Makes me feel complete.

Unfortunately I'm busy with college and an illness but I'll see what I can do.

What'd really get me going is if you can find this for me: Final Fantasy III for Wonderswan Color. They made the game, and if I recall correctly, actually completed it. Did they release it? No. The system died so they just forgot about it. I /need/ that game, and would totally donate for it.

Sadly it IS Japanese only, so I dunno if you have any AZN-CNXs, but see what you can do if you'd like.

5. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    :rolleyes:
    I think I saw something somewhere a while ago, about Goldeneye, don't remember now though. As for Perfect Dark, nope.

Well, I don't have any japanese contacts, mostly because japs are jackasses. I know SOME japanese collectors, but getting something from them is as likely as getting $1 million from Scrooge.

Rika: <3

6. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    I'm confused about why the SMB2 proto is like that. You know it was originally a game called Doki Doki Panic and I've played that and it's basically SMB2. All they did for the US version of SMB2 is change the characters and add a couple things here and there...

I'd take a closer look at that if I were you just in case someone's trying to rip you off.

I don't really have any money to donate, all the money I got for Christmas is going to pay off overdue payments to loans and credit cards. But I'll still find SOME money if you ever do find an S1 prototype.

7. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    I know about Doki Doki Panic, and it's definetely a prototype.

8. CloverCC

CloverCC

Yes. I've known about the Doki Doki Panic game for a long time aswell, though I liked how they changed it, on the count that SMB 2 (japan version) Was meerly the same game, only with diffrent layouts and a few object modifications. Hence, on the Super Mario allstars, the game is entitled "Super mario bros: The lost levels". People thought it was too hard, I guess. But out of the few mario games you listed, SMW and SMAS seem to be the most interesting. And there's 1 more particular prototype I'd really have interest in.. IF a copy even exists, I'd love to see a Super metroid Prototype.

9. PaintGamma

PaintGamma

SMAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH!!! Member
    Between the X and Z keys.
    Pipe Haus v.2.0
    Any possible chance of a Banjo-Kazooie or Banjo-Tooie proto? I'm not a Stop and Swap addict or anything, but many beta images and other content look VERY interesting.

Of course, getting Rare betas is next to impossible.

10. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    Yeah, I've seen that proto he's talking about, and I'm 100% sure it's legit. It's quite close to DDP..

11. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
  12. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox

You've never played any pirate NES carts? XXXXX-in-1 is very common actually.

13. CloverCC

CloverCC

Yeah, well if you can fit 9999999999 or whatever games in 1 cart, that could have been alot of wasted space on normal carts. That's what I believe, though, as you said, Omega, it is common.

14. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox

No, you got it wrong. The trick is that there're at least 10-20 small games (Mario, Battle City, Galaga and so on) and they're duplicated in the list, with slightly altered names. And also, usually different levels are loaded for each entry in the list to make them feel original. That's what the Chinese do.

15. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Yes, I know. It's just that 9999999 is ridiculously high. I had a 150-in-1 Game Boy cart, but no more than that.

You beat me to that. Yeah, there are very few games with minor edits like the starting lives and something.

16. CloverCC

CloverCC

Ah. Well, It certainly explains alot. I do believe I saw a 48-in-1 Genesis game, and all I could think of was, "Good god, Sonic 3 and knuckles alone could barely fit into one cart, excluding lock-on." Many weird things go on, I guess.

17. Varion Icaria

Varion Icaria

He's waiting.... Tech Member
    S4: Cybernetic Outbreak
    Drx the SMB2 Prototype possibly has the Prototype Underground music that is a ReMixed version of SMB1/SMB3 Underground Music.

18. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    It does.

19. Vangar

Vangar

Oh, that might be awesome to get a rip of. Not for lots of money though D:

20. drx

drx

mfw Researcher