don't click here

Prototype misnamed on Wikipedia.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MathUser, Dec 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ambil

Ambil

I want that heinous hedgehog hammered! Member
    I did, it's here, in this very site. :P

2. Aurochs

Aurochs

Единый, могучий Советский Союз! Tech Member
    Whatever catches my fancy
    Have you actually read the article? I don't think that the name is our main concern.

At any rate, trying to put concrete definitions on terms like "alpha" and "beta" is an exercise for academia. They don't even seem to have concrete definitions, and programmers can call their prereleases whatever they damn well please anyway.

3. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    It being released to the media makes me think its not Alpha stage anymore. Anyway yeah, it should just be one prottype page.

4. hxc

hxc

spotteddove Researcher
    Personally don't like the name "Nick Arcade", as there is absolutly zero confirmation that it is infact that build. It may be similer, but you can not say that it is the same.

5. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    :rolleyes:
    After disassemblying the game, and looking at the leftovers, I have to agree with hxc. All evidence shows that the Nick Arcade might have been the same build (because there are no differences). But we are never going to find out whether they didn't re-flash this cart later.

6. Weird Person

Weird Person

You lost two seconds reading this Member
    Who knows?
    Also, there are Leftover from other game, wich means that the cart you got is a pirate.

Of course it's possible this is a pirate of the Nick Arcade version...

7. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    :rolleyes:
    No, you got it wrong.

The fact that it has leftovers means that the cart held some other game/build, earlier in time, and when they were flashing the new ROM, the padding sections (lots of FFs) were skipped, thus leaving these leftovers.

This was very common for developers, as they didin't have infinite cartridges lying around and they were quite expensive at the time, so they recycled them as much as possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.