don't click here

Sonic 3 - worst level design...

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TheLazenby, Nov 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloverCC

CloverCC

Well, The layouts, might have been easy, If that's what you mean.

Aside from the carnival night zone, There was one part in the Death Egg zone act 1 that involved a giant jet engine or something. It was tricky, but eventually I learned how to get past that part.

2. Evil Cheese

Evil Cheese

..... Member
    Parts of Sonic 3 do seem unfinished but despite that I still enjoyed the game and did not feel cheated out of money when I finished it. I still play it today over a decade after it came out and I think that says enough about the replay value of this game. Simply put it's fun to play, just like most of the early Sonic games.

Sonic 3 definitely has it's own feel, just like Sonic 1 and 2 did. The 'leap' in the graphics department may turn off some people that were introduced to the series via Sonic 2 that were not around for the original re-polish that took place in the second installment. But that is not a good reason to dismiss this game as 'crap' imho. Every zone in this game was done nicely even with the short comings that happen in certain parts of the game. There is nothing in this game that would prevent anyone from finishing it, it's as easy to pick up and play as any other Sonic game made for the Genesis.

I think we can all agree that if they would have taken more time and released Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles as one game things would have turned out a wee bit better. Under the circumstances I think they released a fine game though, and most of the short comings were fixed when S&K was finally released.

S3&K is probably the most re-playable game in the original series just because of the ability to switch between the two characters (only way to get all endings and access all paths in the zones). It also introduced element shields which added more depth to the game play that was already there. S&K also gives you a very good reason to revisit Sonic 2. What more could you ask for from this game?

3. Biship

Biship

Pending Member
    This isn't the best way to state your opinion by calling something shitty, that's gonna get you allot of negative responses from people that might feel your attacking something they think highly of.

On-topic: I never felt any of levels in Sonic 3 were bad, maybe some of them were a little long but still fun. Infact Icecap Zone and Lava Reef Zone are both my favorites out of all three games. :rolleyes:

4. Shadow Fire

Shadow Fire

Ultimate victory! Member
    The Land of Darkness
    Sonic: The Lost Land (Series), The GCN (site)
    Only level I didn't like on S3K was Angel Island Zone, but that's not in regards to level layout design, but rather art design.

*shudder*

5. Jan Abaza

Jan Abaza

Oldbie
    The problem with S3&K is that it gets old too quickly, once you complete it, you can play every stage to death. It gets...boring, with the long levels and all. As stand-alone games, Sonic 3 should be played on "no save", and Sonic & Knuckles should have the save feature. (Back on Mega Drive..."Yeah, I finally beat the whole damn game WITH emeralds!! FINALLY!!!" *panicky music*...Doomsday Zone!! "WTF is this? Super Sonic flying?? OH FU...") Or neither of them should have the save feature at all. =P Heh.

By the way, the final boss battle in Sonic 3 was really cool (with the screen darkening and omnious music starting to play). They should have really kept him in the mid-game with Sonic...the Knuckles version is just dumb, because it gets the normal music...

6. Sutter

Sutter

A SUTTER IS YOU! Oldbie
    I only have one level I don't like from Sonic 3, and that's Marble Garden. Confusing level design.

7. Verse

Verse

Posts once a year. Oldbie
    Pomona, CA , USA
    Freedom Planet Soundtrack
    Quoted for truth, DRX. You're not funny, you're not any "cooler" and you're annoying the crap out of some people. Just because you found a beta doesn't really give you the red carpet to say things that you think are funny but instead are a waste of space. I know I know, you won't listen to me because you're the beta finder, and everyone loves you.

On topic; I personally loved S3k. This does not mean that everyone else should, or that my opinion is "right" and someone else is "Wrong" don't see any reason to get in anyone's face about it.

8. Shakidna

Shakidna

Rehash Rampage Member
    I always played up to the barrel, then used level select to bring me to Icecap. (this was Sonic & Knuckles Collection)

9. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    I don't see where some of you think the levels are too long...

No level goes past 3 minutes if you try...

10. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    :rolleyes:
    At first I thought I'm not going to post in this topic any more, because I really don't want to, and I don't want to shitfest the forums up more than they are already, but you wrote a nice sentence, so I hope someone will see you are the one to blame.

So, in reply to your post: I don't give a shit. It's funny how you fags go 'omg youre the beta finder, you are mr. invincible now, aren't you. you are being an asshole just because you found a beta'. Actually, you couldn't be more wrong. If I had a nickle for every bullshit sentence like the one you just posted, I wouldn't have to beg for prototype money. You know - people use to say that a lot, and wipe their asses with this kind of nifty & witty 'retort' since Jesus, so you could at least try to be inventive.

On a side note, funny that you speak on the behalf of 6 billion people (or at least 100% people on this message board). Saying 'you are not funny' implies that 100% of the people think so, which has been proved otherwise at least two times in this topic. Therefore, your logic is faulty.

PS. Note to admins - I really didn't want to post here, the guy made me do it. Keep that in mind before you move my post to trash, thank you.

PS2. If you think I'm a waste of space, there are plenty of 'tools' you can use to fix this, like quitting the message board, PMing one of the admins and having me banned, and other cool stuff like that. Instead, you're just talking. Nice.

11. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    Ok ok ok...what the fuck? DRX didn't even say anything that insulting. I laughed actually. Yes, I'm an asshole I relize this, but seriously. GET THE FUCK OVER IT. OMG DRX CALLED J00 N NAME CRY ABOUT IT. Just get the fuck over it. It's not the end of the world. I call people fuck faces all the time and I haven't found one beta. What gives me the right to get away with it and DRX not? Stop being whiny little bitches. I have tampons if you guys need them.

12. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    I've kept my mouth shut about you to, Hez, but that's a different story. =P

13. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    I wonder.

14. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    Ok ok, split plz. Let's bicker in a new topic, if we even continue the bitching. =P

15. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    drx was only joking, so there's no bitching needed, really.

16. Xkeeper

Xkeeper

lgkdfvlbjepasvdjzcvpaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Researcher
    the bone zone
    current-project-fart
    I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one who took drx's statement as a joke.

Aparrently, I was!

Team S2B has their collective panties in a knot this morning, I see. :no:

17. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    Hehehe... panties.

18. Shadow Fire

Shadow Fire

Ultimate victory! Member
    The Land of Darkness
    Sonic: The Lost Land (Series), The GCN (site)
    I like horsies.

19. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    I like staying on topic. Let's do that!

20. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    The overreaction to Drx notwithstanding, Sonic 3 is good for its time, and, heck, I'd accept similar work today as being better than the sort of 3D schlock made, buuut... it'd be even better if they could learn from the mistakes of Sonic 3 & Knuckles (not too many, I must admit) and make something that could truly be called a sequel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.