don't click here

Mephilies hahahaha

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Nikki, Oct 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    Yay, I'm glad someone's smart enough to realize it's faggotry!

2. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    I've been realizing it this whole time. D= =P

3. Fiore

Fiore

Everybody's Super Sonic Racing! Member
    All right, can we please stop dumping on the fact that there are new characters? I think once is enough to say it and get the point across. Even though Mephiles DOES look like a Shadow recolour, you have to look past that and get his back story. So, Mephiles is actually like Shadow's evil half? I find this interesting. The whole 'evil twin' ordeal is always good for a chuckle, but if it's well executed enough, it could become quite intriguing. Even the oldest tricks can be made interesting if given the right spices and execution.

And as well, we all know that Characters make up almost if not half the story. Yes, new characters are indeed introduced with each new Sonic game nowadays, but look way back when at the time of Sonic 3's release, when everyone disliked Knuckles and wished it was still just Sonic and Tails; now Knuckles is considered a classic character that will always remain in the realm.

This is not even to mention that every good story needs supporting characters. If anyone here has ever written a fanfiction (Or lived with a fanfiction author as I do), then you very well know that the regular cast of characters won't always cut it; you're always going to need at least one or two supporting characters. Granted these new characters are considered 'main characters' in the game, I think you all however comprehend the point that I'm trying to make.

4. Robjoe

Robjoe

I've not really complained about characters, I'm pissed that this game looks nothing like like Sonic.

5. Fiore

Fiore

Everybody's Super Sonic Racing! Member
    Actually Rob, I think the storyline of Sonic is just deepening; giving more depth to the realm and broadening it's horizons... given I disagree with the whole Sonic having Fire Powers ordeal, but I believe I make my point.

6. Robjoe

Robjoe

I was talking more about the visuals. For instance, those pics Nikki posted, with Blaze, Silver, and Mephilies; they look like something out of Doom 3 or Halo.

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Dammit Sonic, just stick with simple Kill the Eggman plots. Mario has stuck with save the princess for 20 years. Is anyone complaining? NO! Do the same Sonic Team, or else this year may be your last D:

8. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    These three pictures lead me to believe that Blaze, Silver, and Mephiles are in cahoots with eachother in some form. Now, I don't know much about Blaze, but I do know that Mephiles is very evil. Since Silver has telekinetic powers AND apparently has time travel powers, he must be sending Mephiles into the past for SOME reason... Maybe it's Shadow who is the "chosen one" to defeat the Iblis Trigger, and not Sonic. It's just that Shadow needs an extra bit of balls, and Mephiles is the perfect addition.

This is just my idea. Feel free to bash. But if the story is as in depth as this, or even more, I'll love this game.

9. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    I suppose that Mario has to win Golf, Tennis, Soccer, Dancing, or board game to save peach? :P

10. Lostgame

Lostgame

Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.

Sonic even had to throw a retarded storyline into that...

11. Vangar

Vangar

Shuffle, yay.

12. C. Shyguy

C. Shyguy

You forgot Baseball and Basketball. And there still could be a Football or Hockey installment of Mario in the near future.

13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Well I was talking about the main Platformer games of Mario. Yes the sports games and the party games don't follow this plot, for they usually have to do with Bowser having a fuckin fit because Mario wasn't kind enough to put him on his team or something.

14. Molotok

Molotok

Gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha Member
    In short, problems that just about everyone seems to be bitching about:

Sonic: Too many new characters

Similarly. though no one has bitched about it:

Nintendo: Not enough new characters

15. Blazer

Blazer

How is retarded the storyline of a game you haven't even played yet?

16. Lostgame

Lostgame

Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.

XD

Seriously, read it again, apply your knowledge of Sonic into the mix, and come back when you understand.

Unless you're just assuming I've never played it because it's so uncommon, but even then, I own it, so...

17. Blazer

Blazer

^ Sorry, but that doesn't make sense. Just because is different from the average Sonic plot it DOESN'T mean it is retarded. And just because you played a demo it DOESN'T mean you know the entire storyline.

18. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    So, you're saying that Sonic Shuffle (the game those posts you quoted were referring to) hasn't come out yet?

XD

19. Blazer

Blazer

Ooops! My bad! I though that post was talking about Sonic 2006 :blushing: Damn my limited understanding of English :(

20. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    But Gamma died at the end of his story, being a badnik and all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.